• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Women Sign 4 Recruits for Hoops!

I know Coach S. is bringing in some good players, but any concerns that the team does not have a true "big" center?
Or does his offense not lend itself to a bigger but potentially slower post?

They signed 6-3 and 6-1 forwards. They may not be Doma-types (back-to-the-basket), but in the motion offense, everybody is pretty interchangeable.

While it does create optimism, I think recruiting/transferring news doesn't really do anybody any good. I mean it's great that the new coach signed four players to Letters of Intent. That doesn't mean he was a great hire. Recruiting/transferring news are all hype, it helps build false sense of security. I mean if we sign four players and say Montana sign only two, and Montana's two players are way better than ours, what does that say? We'll see when the players hit the floor and play, if they ever hit the floor and play.

Like I said, good news for the program, how good is it remains to be seen. We should be concerned about the players we have right now before looking ahead to players next year. The season just barely started.

What it does say is that he is getting young talent to buy into his program and philosophy. I don't believe that there is any problem in celebrating commitments early in the recruiting process. I like the fact that Coach S. prefers to build a program by going with HS kids as opposed to JC's.

So while you say that we should be concerned with the players now, it doesn't mean that folks cannot be excited for the future as well.

And when a person says DARE I SAY--I think it reflects cautious optimism.

Cub...I agree with you totally. The reason I posted the story was in hopes fans would see Coach S is using one of the same recruiting principles Jon used, which is signing HS recruits before their senior season. No other reason.

The 6-3 Forward Shannon is my cousin! She is really excited about Idaho State. She is a great player and should do very well on your team. I am now going to have to root for ISU :)

Chris, it'll be great to have a Griz on board, and we're thrilled to have Shannon in Black and Orange.

I do believe Seton will be a very good recruiter...and fans will be tough on him because Jon has set the bar high. But I believe after what little I've been able to see so far, I think we'll also see he will be a very good floor coach.

Latest posts

Back