• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Women's Basketball - ISU vs. Sac. St.

spazdog1

Just got home to Meridian from the game earlier today. It was a great game. Here are some of my observations...

Crowd... Kinda disappointed in the size of crowd. But, you gotta love the pep band. They played a pretty good selection of tunes and got a whole bunch of clapping going. The cheerleaders got into the game, too.

Determination... The Bengals had that look from the get go. They played tough and in my view, never really were out of control of this game. There were a couple of times where the Bengal basket seemed to get smaller (shots wouldn't fall) and Sac. State had quite a string of free throws. But, I thought the game was not in doubt. It looked like the Bengals wanted it a whole lot more.

Three ball... Yes, for a while, Sac. State shot the lights out from behind the arc. But, it's an exceptional effort if a team can continue those shots throughout the game. Just as I told Jenna's mom, verrry few teams can win by the three ball alone. That proved to be true.

Depth... Today, it was not a factor. Like I said earlier, the Bengals had that look in their eyes. There were some good minutes from the bench. I thought Sac. State tried to wear the Bengals down by pushing the ball hard up court but it appeared like the Hornets were wore out, not the Bengals.

Finally, of course I'm a bit biased, but what did the Hornets throw at Jenna, 4 different quick guards. Jenna owned them. One had 4 fouls and I think another had 3. (I just had to throw that out there).

Everything considered, it was a good game. The team is progressing nicely. Hopefully, they peak at tournament time and make another the post season appearance. I know... I know... one game at a time.

Good luck next week!
Go Bengals!

Spaz, it was good to talk to you and meet Jena's mom. I know you from somewhere but apologize for not knowing from where. Great game and Jena played lights out. Ona played really well to.

Pocatato, it was great seeing you. I know where we met before. Check your PM box.

After the game, Jenna's dad spoke to Jenna's mom on the phone. He told her that the radio guys were saying that I was Jenna's dad. No way. I'm older and better looking than Jenna's dad. Ha ha.

Anyway, I thought it was a great team effort. The Bengals really haven't been out of any conference game, except maybe Montana. When a team fouls in a last gasp effort to win, the final score doesn't give justice to the team's effort. But, even with all of the adversity, they continue to improve.

With the exception of the stretch where Sac got all those O-boards, I thought the women's effort yesterday wal almost heroic in some ways. As much as I love calling men's games, I'd be a bald-faced liar if I tried to say I didn't miss seeing this team all the time. I'm really proud of the way Jon's holdovers have really tried to buy into what Seton wants to accomplish. I can't wait to see what it's like when he has a full roster and another year of his system in place.

We didn't make the trip to Poky yesterday due to the snow and road conditions. However, we did listen on KISU-FM. Sounds like it was a great game and with our reduced roster, a real accomplishment. Hope to be at the Weber games this week! Go Bengals.

Latest posts

Back