• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Would you guys welcome BSU back for hoops?

Red Hill

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/big_easts_newest_expansion_tar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The word on the street is that BSU may join the Big East for football only. Their olympic sports would need a home and the Big Sky makes sense geographically. I don't know if the WAC would welcome them back and the Mountain West wouldn't allow them to stay without football. What do you guys think?

Sure the Big Sky would take them, but it won't happen. The WAC would take them, but I don't see BSU returning with its tail between its legs either. Too many unknowns still. If BSU and Air Force leave the Mountain West, then the MWC probably grabs a couple teams from the WAC, maybe Utah State and San Jose State. Hell, they may even grab Idaho, just so BSU doesn't have an ideal place to land for its oly' sports.

Red Hill...are you trying to change the subject to hoops after that a** kicking we took from Montana? I felt sick after that performance. I really thought we could pull that out since we had them beat in 2009 with, what like 20 seconds left in the game. Anyone have ANY comments regarding the game? Montana is having a hay day concerning ISU on their boards. Makes me sick!

I was actually hoping that the topic would run full circle and we would begin talking about Big Sky football again. I can see the Mountain West stepping on the throats of the WAC by taking the few decent programs left. This would leave the Vandals without a home and if Boise State and ISU had their olympic sports in the same conference, the SBOE might just pull the plug on Idaho’s FBS dreams.

Interesting scenario. Big Sky would take Boise back but the WAC would take them in a heart beat. The WAC is still on life support and with their new basketball RPI next year taking a nose dive they will gladly take back the Broncos even if they aren't that great in basketball. If they are willing to take on Denver and Seattle as basketball only Boise would be a much better team. I thought Denver was still DII.

Kustra and the rest of the Boise egos have done everything they can to separate and distance themselves from the University of Idaho. There's no way they would want to be in the same conference and associated with Idaho State.

"Montana is having a hay day concerning ISU on their boards. Makes me sick!"

What is really amazing is the number of posts the UM board has and the number of individual contributions on each. Outstanding support & interest as evidenced by their traveling fans.

Listened to their post-game on KOFI out of Kalispell driving home from Poky on Saturday evening and they were ragging on the ISU horns and "kazoos". They (the announcers) were encouraging fans to write to the Big Sky Conference to end the horn nonsense.

As far as BSU hoops goes - who cares? We couldn't beat them anyway. :thumbdown:

Very true...alum. ISU's site is the worst out of the Big Sky. Boring...Boring...Boring.It would be nice if posters could actually talk FOOTBALL rather than the "Jerk's" getting on here and cutting down posters that are trying to make their points. I guess the fan base comes with the Winning Tradition like Montana.

Portland State, Eastern Washington, Sacramento State, Northern Colorado and Northern Arizona have HORRIBLE fan sites. There's hardly any interest at all. Even Montana State's leaves a LOT to be desired. Personally...I think Weber State's is even inferior to this ISU fan blog. I get on there occasionally, and I don't think they have as many different fans posting as we do.

As for the differences of opinion...personally, I think those things are exactly what these fan boards are about. Now whether fans can discuss these differences or not without letting things deteriorate into a bunch of personal attacks depends on the fans posting. I've always used the analogy in political discussions that personal attacks are always the last gasp of a person who has no solid foundation for his/her beliefs. A person with a strong foundation for his/her beliefs can usually discuss various controversial topics with intelligence and grace...allowing others to have their own viewpoints, whether they agree or not.

I just want to take a moment and compliment all of you for your willingness to be here and carry on discussions. This is how the Montana board became what it has...but mainly because that school has had decades of success in athletics which has brought thousands to the fan board...with hundreds posting regularly. By the way...if you wanna see some real arguments and name-calling...spend some time reading the Montana board. Even with all the winning they've had with football...most of them hate whoever their current coach is, until he's gone. Then he was a genius and the new coach is the idiot. It happens over there all the time. Some of them may not have much to offer in terms of IQ, but I really enjoy the enthusiasm on their board. A few winning years at ISU in football and basketball and you'll think this board is overrun with fans.

By the way...I don't ever see Boise State coming back to the Big Sky in any sport. Idaho maybe...but not BSU. Just my humble opinion...

It looks like they'll be playing hoops in the WAC again..
http://articles.boston.com/2011-10-14/sports/30279973_1_big-east-boise-state-new-schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back