• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

XAVIER FINNEY RUSHING RECORD

BengalBannMan

Yesterday was a historic day for Idaho State Bengals football.
Can anyone tell me why there was not an anouncment made over the loud speaker at the time of the drive when Xavier Finney broke the record? (Or at the next timeout, or break in the game)
I have ALOT more to say about this, but before I run off at the mouth, I figured I'd see if some of you know something I don't.

The public address announcer is under a very specific contract. If something happens above and beyond the normal call of a game, like say, a player breaking an all-time record, then it means the announcer needs to be compensated above and beyond his basic salary as dictated by the contract. ISU simply doesn't have the money to make that compensation. Thus, if you want the announcer to make that announcement, you need to send in more money for him to do it.

Nah, just having fun. You're right. ISU blew it. This was deserving of a comment and also gives the faithful something to cheer and get excited about. ISU really needs to break out of its martyr complex and start puffing its chest when needed.

sasquatch said:
The public address announcer is under a very specific contract. If something happens above and beyond the normal call of a game, like say, a player breaking an all-time record, then it means the announcer needs to be compensated above and beyond his basic salary as dictated by the contract. ISU simply doesn't have the money to make that compensation. Thus, if you want the announcer to make that announcement, you need to send in more money for him to do it.

Nah, just having fun. You're right. ISU blew it. This was deserving of a comment and also gives the faithful something to cheer and get excited about. ISU really needs to break out of its martyr complex and start puffing its chest when needed.
DUDE! I was seriously getting pissed as I read this! Until I saw you were joking... hahahaha!!! I had to double check that it wasn't BengalCub making the joke. Hehe. ;-)

BengalBannMan said:
Yesterday was a historic day for Idaho State Bengals football.
Can anyone tell me why there was not an anouncment made over the loud speaker at the time of the drive when Xavier Finney broke the record? (Or at the next timeout, or break in the game)
I have ALOT more to say about this, but before I run off at the mouth, I figured I'd see if some of you know something I don't.

It should have been announced to the fans at Holt Arena during a time out. VOTB announced X breaking the record.

Years ago my cousin's son played quarterback at San Diego State. He broke an NCAA career passing game at a game with BYU in Provo. I was disappointed when they did not stop the game to announce the record but apparently they had some experience with that a year or so before. Leading in the second half they stopped a game with Colorado State to announce a running back breaking a rushing record. The momentum of the game changed and BYU ended up losing the game. Don't know if that is involved here but I was mad enough to write letters to the editor that received some very negative feedback from BYU fans here.

I can understand the thought of not disrupting the game, but then that thought should be overcome by common sense. The fact that "your team" just helped "your running -back" just break an all-time rushing record AT HOME should do nothing but inspire and spur on the HOME TEAM to win, or possibly in this case, COME BACK. We're 2-7 and down by multiple touchdowns, let's find a cause to believe in and rally around on Senior Day. This is Idaho State Universitys responsibility make this known, recognized, and CELEBRATED! And this needs to happen WHEN IT happens, during the game and in front of the fans that enjoy celebrating the good things that happen in a down year.
There was celebration by the crowd when it happened, because there was a sign made by a fan to countdown the record about to be beaten. As the record was broken, those few sections cheered for Xavier. I hope those cheers didn't stiffle the comeback. :ohno:
"Come to ISU, we'll help you break records! Then snub our noses at you when it happens and send you on your way."
I know VOTB announced it as they were announcing the seniors to start the Seniors, but that was to an EMPTY Dome.

We actually counted down to the record during our broadcast. The mention as the Seniors were recognized was about the 10th time during the game we talked about it.

votb said:
We actually counted down to the record during our broadcast. The mention as the Seniors were recognized was about the 10th time during the game we talked about it.
VOTB, I did not listen to your live broadcast, as I'm in the Dome with my wife and kids (and others) cheering on the Bengals. (I know I can listen in the Dome, it's just difficult to do with the kids etc) THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for sharing the moment AND ESPECIALLY the build up to the moment with the live listeners!
My point is not to call you out, you don't call the game over the speakers inside the Dome. (It's not really to call any individual out, just make ISU aware of this discrepancy in support)
Last year, there were a few records broken, and there was no mention of it in the game. At that point I didn't know that I was watching a record breaking possibility and after I realized it, I though "man there's a lot of people out there that would have enjoyed knowing that, and some more people that may have come to the game to see something like that happen! I can't believe ISU as a whole blew that"

Trying to do my part, and be a better fan to support those boys, I wanted to keep myself better informed. So this time I came knowing what I was (most likely) about to see. We, as a few sections on the north side started to count down the record. FEARFUL of the tragedy of it not being announced AGAIN, I made a phone call. I happen to have a working relationship with the guy running the score board in the press box, so I called him and he answered. I told him Xavier Finney was about to break the All-time rushing record and we as a crowd was counting it down. I asked him to please make sure the announcer was aware of this, and to please make sure Xavier gets his much deserved recognition. The play happened, we all cheered, the sign was run up and down the north side as the sections continued to cheer. The plays went on, as they should, and then there was the break in the action.... no announced record. :ohno: :thumbdown:
My point in all this is obvious.
I don't mean to sound negative or degrading. I LOVE ISU ATHLETICS!!! I ALMOST NEVER miss a volleyball game, men's basketball game, women's basketball game, softball game, or soccer match! (I NEVER MISS A FOOTBALL GAME) And if they are on the road, my family and I have the laptop hooked up to the TV and we watch every minute. Again, I love supporting the ISU athletes!

Latest posts

Back