• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

You guys ever talk any football?

Old Skool Cat

Howdy ISU Bengal fans!!! Just an excited MSU Bobcat here anxiously awaiting the trip over to Pokey to watch the Cats tangle with the Bengals. What do you guys think about the game? I am guessing this might be a low scoring affair, maybe even a nailbiter to the end! We finally have a starting QB, but Kempt threw a couple of bad passes against USD, so he might be on a short leash. Our running game is extremely solid, with Crawford getting the bulk of the carries, and Mason not skipping a beat. We have a true freshman fullback named CJ Palmer, who goes 6-0, 230 lbs. He has been a blast to watch so far; he comes in on short yardage & goal line situations and has been unstoppable! He already has 5 rushing TDs on the season.

As usual, however, the strength of our team is our defense, in particular the run D. Bobby Daly is the Buchanan candidate, but much of the noise this year is coming from DE Dane Fletcher and LB Jeff Price (not to say that Daly isn't having a good year because he is). We have been a little soft on the pass, but usually to routes short and in the middle of the field. We really haven't been burned long yet.

I hear you have a few players banged up; we do as well, namely Brandon Bostick, our starting TE. He missed the South Dakota game, and the word is kind of mum on his return this weekend. Fortunately, MSU has a pretty good set of tight ends, so it's not a major hit. You guys hung in there with EWU for the majority of last week's game it sounds like. This game is gonna be fun!!!

I hope all of you Cats travel safely down here to Poky! And I look forward to getting together with ya'll to tailgate before the game! You're all great fans, I tailgated with you guys last year and even burned your Grizzly Bear! That was awesome!

Best of luck this Saturday! Bring lots of fans! AND CHEERLEADERS!!! :) :) :)

isusuperfan said:
I hope all of you Cats travel safely down here to Poky! And I look forward to getting together with ya'll to tailgate before the game! You're all great fans, I tailgated with you guys last year and even burned your Grizzly Bear! That was awesome!

Best of luck this Saturday! Bring lots of fans! AND CHEERLEADERS!!! :) :) :)

Yes, the burning of the grizzly bear is a pregame tradition every game, regardless of who we are playing! :twisted: There should be a good contingency of Cat fans traveling to Pocatello; always fun to mingle with Bengal fans.

OldSkoolCat said:

No, and how dare you even bring it up.

By the way, how is your basketball team looking this year? MSU sure made some progress last year.

biobengal said:
OldSkoolCat said:

No, and how dare you even bring it up.

By the way, how is your basketball team looking this year? MSU sure made some progress last year.

Hard to say. I think we'll be okay; contend for the BSC title but more like finish third or fourth. Yes, we did lose Taylor who was the spark plug for our team, but we'll have Divaldo Mbunga and Bobby Howard back so we will have some leadership. A couple of interesting players to watch will be G Erik Rush and F Danny Piepoli. Both played a couple of years ago and then were redshirted last season. Piepoli has about as pure of a three-point stroke as I have seen. The biggest factor for us this season is that we will be YOUNG.

Damn you biobengal! You distracted me away for the topic of football. GO CATS!

3rd may be a tall order for the bobcats given the strength in the BSC.

Weber and Montana should be decent. Portland and Idaho State should be good. Who knows about NAU... although, you can never count them out. UNC has improved tremendously. IMO, this is one of the more exciting years for BSC hoops in years.

It will be interesting to see how the Bengals offense can perform against our defense. We just held the #1 FCS offense, averaging over 500 yards a game, to just 241 yards of total offense (something like just 111 through 3 quarters before we pulled the starters). South Dakota's number are a bit skewed, with a DII and NAIA opponent on their schedule, but they put up over 400 against UNI and SELO. I don't think USD's offense would be top 4 in the Sky, but their passing game is pretty solid.

I watched a bit of the ISU/EWU game, and you guys have some weapons. If you are able to protect Hill, and establish a bit of a running game, we could be in trouble. We flat out dominated USD's OLine, and shut down their receivers with good corner play. Hell at one point we were -4 in turnovers and had a 21 point lead.

Cats can't turn the ball over like they are having against Big Sky opponents. That will be the key, methinks.

Hey catbob, how many people you bringing down? And are you bringing cheerleaders? *Grins*

Hahahahahahaha!

Again, get down here safely. The road between Bozeman and Poky freaks me out, especially if you take the Yellowstone shortcut

isusuperfan said:
Hey catbob, how many people you bringing down? And are you bringing cheerleaders? *Grins*

Hahahahahahaha!

Again, get down here safely. The road between Bozeman and Poky freaks me out, especially if you take the Yellowstone shortcut

Yeah, that's a nasty road - lots of critters. I personally and driving from Helena, so interstate all the way down!!

Latest posts

Back