• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Zamberlin ISU Football..

I have a feeling that this ride is going to last 17 more games and then ISU will attempt to resurrect the program from the tiny ashes that are left over.

I appreciate the effort that the kids are putting on the field, but the leadership in this program would make Bud Hake look like a Hall of Famer...

Seventeen games from now when the Zamberlin era officially comes to an end. Idaho State will have a rebuilding task that defies imagination.

ISU is already operating with reduced scholarships and reduced practice time. Although it is needed, changing staffs will lead to more attrition and ultimately more APR penalties.

The mountain will be steep and the legacy of John Zamberlin and Co. will be remembered for years to come. The rebuilding process (if the program survives) will be long and painful.

Hang on gang–the bleeding is going to last awhile. The saddest thing this season will be watching the kids slowly begin to lose hope, start to crack and eventually fracture (as a team) as the community loses total interest.

For the sake of the kids and the sake of the program, I hope Idaho State can find a way to make the changes that are needed.

Unbelievable. I really don't see how this team is going to win another game this year. I thought the psu n sac games would be the bsc wins, but after today's no-show, and sac state's shootout loss @ home to msu, isu has a very tough road ahead. three years in a row this team offensively challenged; not much different other than the TE getting the ball more...maybe that's a product of not having a speed guy @ WR to stretch the field.

"We looked tired and Portland State looked really fast," Idaho State coach John Zamberlin said. "Portland State played well and the bye week looked like it really helped them. I didn't see this coming. I thought we had a great plan and we practiced well.

"We have to find some offense and just keep battling and working hard," Zamberlin said.

From the coach.

I wish the kids could have some fun playing ball but it don;t look like that will happen

from the Idaho State Journal:
A season that started with the promise of improvement has taken a disturbing turn after ISU’s 38-3 loss to Portland State on Saturday – at least that’s how Athletic Director Jeff Tingey described it, “Disturbing and disappointing.’

Trying to keep the ship sailing in the right direction is head coach John Zamberlin, who understands that fans aren’t real pleased with the team’s position. “We looked tired. They looked fast and we looked slow,” said Zamberlin. “We have to find our offense. We have to keep battling.”

Sounds familiar

Trying to keep the ship sailing in the right direction is head coach John Zamberlin?

Not sure that the right direction is where he has been and is sailing this ship! Perhaps, just perhaps he needs to follow the example of one George Castanza. Whatever he thinks about doing, do the exact opposite.

Either that or he could do the right thing and resign. Talk about your all time backfires. Extending this guy for another 2 seasons. Great job Vailas, tingey. With salaries and benefits, thats 1.2 million for the leadership of these football coaches for two years. But i guess its ok arthur and jeff, because they are doing it the right way.

NCAA sanctions, retention woes, loss after loss, excuse after excuse...

PS.- "We have to find some offense." Z your team gave up 500 yards thru 3 quarters. Stop saying the defense is tired. They let the vikings walk 80 yards on their first drive... 6 plays wasn't it? I'd bet the defense was barely warmed up with that one. Realize your defense is terrible. If you're such a great defensive mind and great coach with such an excellent defense that continues to play well enough to win... Why aren't the scores of the game 14-3 or 6-3? This team is a joke. It has taken on your character... Slow and porous

First; Zamberlin is the worst coach we have had in the past thirty years. Bad coach, bad head coach, no nuts, justifies everything, what else can I say. The thing that bothers me most is he has no real concern for his players. He says all the right things, but in reality, has Russel Hill done anything to deserve the treatment he has recieved from Zamberlin. Did Jake Pele or any of the other players at FB do anything to deserve being moved down the depth chart at FB so Albers could play FB. It was not because he is good at the position, half the time he runs the wrong route on passes. The reality is we have gone from a fairly athletic team four years ago to less than average. We have little if any real speed at the WR position, no depth at RB and QB, our line is down to four with David Tyler sorta kinda getting it done at the other spot. We had to move a DB, 3 LB's, and a DT to offense to shore up the offense when we did not have a scholorship for Coleman a runningback we had in the spring. Might have something to do with having 3 extra linebackers on scholly instead of bringing in two WR and a RB for this year. Our offense has gone from being one of the best in the big sky under Orthman to the worst in the big sky due to decisions made by Zamberlin. Bringing in a DL/DC coach because his present DC was not getting it done hurt the offense because he used the money that should have paid the OC to pay the DL coach. What we ended up with was the three biggest pay checks going to defenseive coaches; Zamberlin, Strandly, and Cullen. We ended up with an unhappy OC who was in over his head, a young inexperience OL coach who makes more money at Common Cents than he made coaching for us, and the worst offense I had ever seen until this years. In hindsight maybe it was not the OC and Line coach last year, maybe it was the decision to run the offense we are trying to run. Or the fact that Zamberlin has tied up allot of scholorship money on one side of the ball and not paid enough attention to the other side. No matter we suck as a team right now. It is time for Zamberlin to quit hiding behind everyone else and accept some responsbility for what he has done. On the coaches show tonight he said the team was tired and they needed to change up practice a little to take some of the load off. My god Zamberlin, didn't you learn any last year. You did the same thing the last two games of the season and your offense played the best it had all year. What are you slow or something. I think a monkey could have figured that one out. Hell, Kragthorpe never had full contact practices after school started, and he won a national championship.

Latest posts

Back