• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ZERO!!!!!!!!!!

Spudhead

That the number of games ISU will be a part of on ROOT Sports.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2015/4/23/FB_0423154719.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Time to be pissed off.

Well since it's obvious that none of the home games will need to accommodate Root, let's move one of the last 3 games to a 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. starting time. Time to start accommodating ourselves.

2015 Big Sky Conference Football Schedule*

Sept 19 Montana State University @ Eastern Washington (NC)

Sept 26 Northern Arizona University @ University of Montana

Oct 3 University of Montana @ UC Davis

Oct 10 Sacramento State @ Montana State University

Oct 17 Montana State University @ Portland State University

Oct 24 North Dakota @ University of Montana

Oct 31 Weber State @ Eastern Washington University

Nov 7 Southern Utah @ Montana State University

Nov 14 Eastern Washington University @ University of Montana

Nov 21 University of Montana @ Montana State University

Here the way it breaks down by school:

Montana - 5 appearances
Mont. St. - 5 appearances
East. Washington - 3 appearances
No. Arizona, UC Davis, Sacramento St., Portland St., No. Dakota, Weber St., So. Utah - 1 appearance

Only schools who do not have a TV game are ISU, Cal Poly and No. Colorado.

Maybe it has something to do with ROOT Sports not being on enough cable systems in Idaho or Southeast Idaho specifically?

PBP

At least most of ISU's games will be on Big Sky TV. And our game against Boise will be nationally televised on CBSSN, for those that can get that network.

PBP said:
2015 Big Sky Conference Football Schedule*
No. Arizona, UC Davis, Sacramento St., Portland St., No. Dakota, Weber St., So. Utah - 1 appearance

And only because each of these teams are "fodder" for televisions in Cheney, Missoula, and Bozeman. :roll:

I know the big sky conference state that it is Roots decision on who makes the cut but that is crap. I think that ISU needs to make a stink about it. I also think that the student body should hold back funds from the Athletic department until a feasibility study on moving conference is done. That is about the biggest slap in the face to the big sky conference when a founding member of your conference is talking about moving due to the lack of impartial practices of the conference. I think we should talk to Weber, Southern Utah and the California schools and see if they want to go to the Pioneer Conference.

Go to Root Sports Facebook page and tell them how you feel. I think that ISU needs to cancel all root sports on campus tvs.

BengalSapper said:
I know the big sky conference state that it is Roots decision on who makes the cut but that is crap. I think that ISU needs to make a stink about it. I also think that the student body should hold back funds from the Athletic department until a feasibility study on moving conference is done. That is about the biggest slap in the face to the big sky conference when a founding member of your conference is talking about moving due to the lack of impartial practices of the conference. I think we should talk to Weber, Southern Utah and the California schools and see if they want to go to the Pioneer Conference.

No... lets not. More wins is the only answer. Make them pay attention.

BengalSapper said:

Um, yeah, that makes sense. :roll:

First, you want the students to punish the already horribly cash-strapped ISU athletic department. Then, you want ISU to move conferences. And then, to be even more random, you suggest moving ISU, Weber, and the CA schools to the Pioneer League. You do realize the Pioneer is a barely competitive non-scholarship conference, right?

There are no other western conferences that have FCS football. Since Idaho State moving to the MWC is laughable, the only way ISU is leaving the Big Sky is either by dropping to DII or by dropping football entirely.

Just win the Big Sky conference and go on from there. ISU won't get any love until we win the conference outright and win some playoff games. People still joke about ISU football even though the team is no longer a joke. Eventually, the media will have to take us seriously.

spudbowl said:
Just win the Big Sky conference and go on from there. ISU won't get any love until we win the conference outright and win some playoff games. People still joke about ISU football even though the team is no longer a joke. Eventually, the media will have to take us seriously.

ISU will not get any love in the BIG SKY is all about UM and MSU. Why should ISU subsidize the big sky so UM and MSU can get on TV to have better recruiting. The point is ISU will never get any love from the BIG Sky start looking for another home it might make the BSC nervous and maybe help ISU get some love.

ISU subsidizing UM and MSU???? ISU sports would have disappeared without them. They are on TV because of their following, which means TV audience, which means $$$ for Root. ONE winning season means squat. Kramer will get it done, bit right now the last 30 years are holding the perception of Bengals football down. FWIW, I think ISU will be undefeated in BSC play this year.

otis campbell said:
ISU subsidizing UM and MSU???? ISU sports would have disappeared without them. They are on TV because of their following, which means TV audience, which means $$$ for Root. ONE winning season means squat. Kramer will get it done, bit right now the last 30 years are holding the perception of Bengals football down. FWIW, I think ISU will be undefeated in BSC play this year.

Precisely, except for the undefeated part, which would be nice. :thumb:

Undefeated in conference play is possible with EWU, UM, and MSU in Holt. CalPoly, there, is the only Wild Card. BSU is a loss, a win at UNLV(high school coach, Christ!). Some eyes are gonna open this year! TV NEXT YEAR!

Start marketing and thinking of promotions for each game now. I'm thinking for the Montana game, we could do free book day!

2586069200000578-2946537-Jon_Krakauer_will_release_Missoula_Rape_and_the_Justice_System_I-a-24_1423526679359.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Missoula-Rape-Justice-System-College/dp/0385538731/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1429896970&sr=1-1&keywords=missoula" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sin City Spudhead said:
Start marketing and thinking of promotions for each game now. I'm thinking for the Montana game, we could do free book day!

2586069200000578-2946537-Jon_Krakauer_will_release_Missoula_Rape_and_the_Justice_System_I-a-24_1423526679359.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Missoula-Rape-Justice-System-College/dp/0385538731/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1429896970&sr=1-1&keywords=missoula" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By the way the Vs. game simulator has ISU winning every game except when we play BSU.

Computer validated my prediction. Why can't the rest of SE Idaho see the obvious? This team is on the rise. Holt should average 10,000 attendance this year. Marketing needs to get off its a** and PROMOTE! Sin City, though in jest, seems to get the idea. Stir up some interest, send up some flares, whatever, but TRY!

No bravado, he KNOWS! He's not about to state unrealistic expectations. That's why I am high on ISU football. This team has the potential to make a deep run in the playoffs. The question is, does Pokey deserve them? Root screwed up, their loss.

Latest posts

Back