Lots of international experience on roster

Discussions about Portland State Womens Basketball go in here.
CaseyOrourke
First man off the bench
Favorite School: PORTLAND STATE VIKINGS

Lots of international experience on roster

Post by CaseyOrourke » April 20th, 2016, 7:53 am

Where is Kennedy digging up these foreign players with international experience. Looking at the 2016-17 and I see 6 players from overseas. (Austria, Australia (2) New Zealand, Puerto Rico & Denmark).

I haven't looked at the rosters of other schools, but I think I would be hard pressed to see as many foreign born players on one roster.

I'm hoping this will be a plus in the coming years for women's basketball at Portland State.

pdxfan
Starter
Favorite School: PSU

Re: Lots of international experience on roster

Post by pdxfan » April 20th, 2016, 2:55 pm

Which raises the question, do out of state athletes pay the same tuition as out of state students in general? I'm thinking of all those football out of staters, not to mention these basketball players. That's a hefty sum of money.

freja
First man off the bench

Post by freja » May 10th, 2016, 10:45 pm

Looks promising!

CaseyOrourke
First man off the bench
Favorite School: PORTLAND STATE VIKINGS

Post by CaseyOrourke » May 11th, 2016, 6:07 pm

pdxfan wrote:Which raises the question, do out of state athletes pay the same tuition as out of state students in general? I'm thinking of all those football out of staters, not to mention these basketball players. That's a hefty sum of money.
It is my understanding that all international students or students from out of state have to pay out of state rates. But then many of these students may also be on scholarship.