@Montana

WSU Basketball talk & news.
Post Reply
User avatar
Chex
Big Sky 2nd Team
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Weber State

@Montana

Post by Chex » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Getting stomped...which I expected, but anyone know why Harding isn’t playing?

Tube Socks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm
I am a fan of: Weber State

Re: @Montana

Post by Tube Socks » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:05 am

Newspaper today said shin splints. I think rest for MSU since we were going to lose this one anyway.

AlumniWSU
2 Time Big Sky Champ
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:25 pm
I am a fan of: Weber State

Re: @Montana

Post by AlumniWSU » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am

Wildcats have been snake-bitten this season no doubt & this loss was expected but is there a arguably valid observation that the Wildcat Coaches have little ability to make some in-game adjustments, improvising Xs & Os dealing with setbacks? Is the statement valid that without Harding, this team sucks & should expect to get kicked to the curb when up against stiff competition? A 30+ point loss in a Big Sky game is every bit as bad as a 50+ point loss to USU. :oops:
GO WILDCATS !

User avatar
talhadfoursteals
10 Time Big Sky Champ
Posts: 6262
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:34 am
Location: O-Town

Re: @Montana

Post by talhadfoursteals » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:40 am

Ugh...I have more faith in a dull rock than I do in Randy Rahe turning this wreck around.
PURPLEFOGDOG DID YOU GRAB MY A$$?!? Dew the DEW!
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/351026 ... arge-o.gif

sacstateman
Big Sky 1st Team
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 11:04 am
I am a fan of: Sacramento State
Big Sky school I dislike most: UC Davis

Re: @Montana

Post by sacstateman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Chex wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 pm
Getting stomped...which I expected, but anyone know why Harding isn’t playing?
I suspect that his hands, which were so smoking hot against us, are recovering from blisters...lol..

User avatar
Chex
Big Sky 2nd Team
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Weber State

Re: @Montana

Post by Chex » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:50 pm

sacstateman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 pm
Chex wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 pm
Getting stomped...which I expected, but anyone know why Harding isn’t playing?
I suspect that his hands, which were so smoking hot against us, are recovering from blisters...lol..
Too funny. They needed him to be in order to even the score vs the Hornets. I think Montana, EWU, and Norther Colorado are a slight step up from the rest of the Big Sky, but the Tourney is wide open...just don’t see the Wildcats winning 4 straight games...especially if Harding has to play less than 100%.

User avatar
Chex
Big Sky 2nd Team
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Weber State

Re: @Montana

Post by Chex » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:06 pm

AlumniWSU wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am
Wildcats have been snake-bitten this season no doubt & this loss was expected but is there a arguably valid observation that the Wildcat Coaches have little ability to make some in-game adjustments, improvising Xs & Os dealing with setbacks? Is the statement valid that without Harding, this team sucks & should expect to get kicked to the curb when up against stiff competition? A 30+ point loss in a Big Sky game is every bit as bad as a 50+ point loss to USU. :oops:
There was a time when injuries were no excuses. I remember when Lillard was out with a foot injury when they played BYU at home when Jimmer was on BYU. They played toe to toe with BYU and got a few calls against them down the stretch. If I remember right, they only lost by five.

Now Rahe is more than fine using injuries as an excuse. He even has a lot more in his repertoire: veteran teams, team is tired (from chopping wood I assume), basketball gods aren’t rewarding them, etc.

This may be a preview of the future years (2-3) how Wildcats Basketball will be without Harding. Pretty scary. At least football is great.

I still think the only possible road win is at Moscow...and I don’t see them beating both Portland State and SUU. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost both.

I guess we will see how it all unfolds. New leadership is needed in my opinion...but thanks to Bovee, that won’t be possible for a while.

WSUfan
2 Time Big Sky Champ
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:18 pm
I am a fan of: Weber State
Big Sky school I dislike most: Montana

Re: @Montana

Post by WSUfan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:15 pm

Chex wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:06 pm
AlumniWSU wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 am
Wildcats have been snake-bitten this season no doubt & this loss was expected but is there a arguably valid observation that the Wildcat Coaches have little ability to make some in-game adjustments, improvising Xs & Os dealing with setbacks? Is the statement valid that without Harding, this team sucks & should expect to get kicked to the curb when up against stiff competition? A 30+ point loss in a Big Sky game is every bit as bad as a 50+ point loss to USU. :oops:
There was a time when injuries were no excuses. I remember when Lillard was out with a foot injury when they played BYU at home when Jimmer was on BYU. They played toe to toe with BYU and got a few calls against them down the stretch. If I remember right, they only lost by five.

Now Rahe is more than fine using injuries as an excuse. He even has a lot more in his repertoire: veteran teams, team is tired (from chopping wood I assume), basketball gods aren’t rewarding them, etc.

This may be a preview of the future years (2-3) how Wildcats Basketball will be without Harding. Pretty scary. At least football is great.

I still think the only possible road win is at Moscow...and I don’t see them beating both Portland State and SUU. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost both.

I guess we will see how it all unfolds. New leadership is needed in my opinion...but thanks to Bovee, that won’t be possible for a while.
In OT noneless.
#FireRahe

TheDave89
Newb
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:35 am

Re: @Montana

Post by TheDave89 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 am

What are Montana chances of going far in March?

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/march-madness-betting

What is the history of Big Sky teams doing well in the tournament besides Weber?

Seems like Montana have only ever won 2 games in 12 appearances!

Post Reply