RIP Trevyn Smith

WSU Football talk & news.
MrLevski
Big Sky 2nd Team
I am a fan of: Weber State
Big Sky school I dislike most: Montana

RIP Trevyn Smith

Post by MrLevski » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Nice write-up in the Standard-Examiner about the late Wildcat RB Trevyn Smith. Enjoyed watching him play back in the day. RIP.

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber- ... 263e.html
Last edited by MrLevski on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WSUWildcat
Big Sky Champ

Re: Trevyn Smith

Post by WSUWildcat » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:47 pm

MrLevski wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:21 pm
Nice write-up in the Standard-Examiner about the late Wildcat RB Trevyn Smith. Enjoyed watching him play back in the day. RIP.

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber- ... 263e.html
Terribly sad news. Had no idea he had been struggling. Was one of my favorite players of the McBride era.

SWWeatherCat
4 Time Big Sky Champ

Post by SWWeatherCat » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:19 pm

That's too bad; too young and sad to leave a family so early. Trevyn was a great back for the Wildcats, tough as nails. I enjoyed watching him run and what he added to Weber State football. RIP, young man.
Big Sky school I dislike most: The next team on WEBER STATE's schedule.

SWeberCat02
8 Time Big Sky Champ

Post by SWeberCat02 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:54 am

Sad.

Why do people keep dying in Utah jails? Serious problem that needs fixing. Like right now.

pawildcat
Big Sky Honorable Mention
I am a fan of: Southern Utah University

Post by pawildcat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:09 am

More to the story now:

https://www.standard.net/police-fire/fo ... e5e35.html

This article had confirmed what I was suspecting after reading that he had CHF and a heart attack. It would be extreme rare for that to occur in a 30yo unless drugs were involved.

I think there are a couple of things to ponder here. One is what the article highlights; the several deaths that have occurred ar the slc jail. That is troubling. It certainly occurs in other jails, but it is still worth investigating IMHO.

The second revolves around a discussion on college sports in general. I wonder if there is data about how well student athletes acclimatize after graduation.
Do athletes from certain sports do better that others? I have wondered if student athletes from football in general struggle more after college since I believe many of them have traumatic brain injury which could very much hamper their day to day life.

Certainly a sad time and I wish all the best for his family.

MrLevski
Big Sky 2nd Team

Re: RIP Trevyn Smith

Post by MrLevski » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm

The article did say that Smith had congestive heart failure. That condition isn't brought on by drugs but certain types of drugs would surely aggravate it.

Whatever happened, sorry that his life was cut short and it ended the way it did. Hope his family can eventually find peace and closure.

pawildcat
Big Sky Honorable Mention
I am a fan of: Southern Utah University

Post by pawildcat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:30 pm

MrLevski wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm
The article did say that Smith had congestive heart failure. That condition isn't brought on by drugs but certain types of drugs would surely aggravate it.

Whatever happened, sorry that his life was cut short and it ended the way it did. Hope his family can eventually find peace and closure.
Not that it really matters, but CHF seen in this age group is often a result bacterial endocarditis, or a bacterial colonization on someone's heart valve due to IV drug use.

DeeWildcatTailgater
Big Sky 2nd Team

Post by DeeWildcatTailgater » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Without Trevyn, I most likely would’ve never became a Weber sports fan. I feel heart broken for him and his family. RIP Trevyn!