• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Attendance

Alan1

The numbers don't lie: Big Sky basketball is in trouble: https://www.idahostatejournal.com/sports/the-numbers-dont-lie-big-sky-basketball-is-in-trouble/article_1d177c40-a345-11ed-a953-0fdf296d5896.html

The first problem is the article hints at a conference-wide expose and only addresses half the conference, then only deep-dives on Pocatello. I know, this is to be expected from one publication, but someone needs to consider partnering with other papers to build a larger picture. There are conference-wide problems to address. A couple of those might even be solvable.

But there’s also ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS to address.

I don’t want to throw everything into one post, so I’ll have to start local, too. My read of Portland State is most students wondering why PSU even has an athletic program. If the AD’s scheduling motivation for basketball is the same as the ISU motivation expressed in this article, then I’d argue PSU athletics is designed to keep an athletic director employed. But as hinted here, PSU isn’t even close to the only school guilty of that.

More sooner. Or later.

Latest posts

Back