• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Bengals sign Memphis PG

skippy57.0

Averaged 22 PPG last year:

http://isubengals.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/050208aaa.html

He also appeared in his school's version of the Wizard of Oz. Should be good training for taking those charges:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/apr/10/focusarts-entertainment-spring-production-opens/

So I guess OB has pretty well answered the question of whether he can recruit. Time will tell for sure, but this group of recruits has me excited about next season.

Sherrod is listed as a shooting guard on every website that I have come across. Obviously, if he can spell Bay periodically at the point, that will be a big help. But make no mistake, Sherrod is a scorer!

Overall, a very nice class that gives the Bengals a legitimate shot at the Big Sky championship next season!

Baldwin will be an interesting player -- he's listed at 5-11 on a number of other web sites, not your prototypical two-guard size. He also played for a bad team in Memphis and was their only real quality athlete, so he had to shoot a lot, score a lot and rebound a lot. It will be interesting to see how he fits in, but I suspect both he and Bay will be combo guards. If he's athletic enough, he could be a good defensive matchup for guys like Dominguez, DeLeon and McCoy.

If everybody stays healthy, eligible and nobody gets homesick, the Bengals will have an incredible amount of flexibility next year. It will be interesting to see if any of the upperclassmen redshirt. It would help address the significant imbalance in classes.

I queried a Memphis message board about the newest Bengal and this is the input I got. Sounds like another quality young man:

"Sherrod, is a great kid. 6'1" athletic, the release of his jump shot in the lane is maybe the best in the memphis area as far as the height he gets. he is a slasher that will go 100% all the time. His high school team plays in the district that has produced the State AAA (largest classification) state champion 6 times since 2000. Sherrod's team has struggled and he has been the bright spot. He averaged over 20 pts a game and was always guarded by the best defender opponents had. The past 2 weeks he has been in the gym running stairs on his own. He is a solid student that will be no problem as far as grades or discipline. My 9 year old idolizes him and that is ok with me."

Latest posts

Back