• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Big Sky Tiebreakers

superhornet

I know it's a bit early to worry about this, but per the official BSC standings, we're listed ahead of NAU (10-10, 7-5 BSC). We're 11-10, 7-5 BSC. Per the 2015 tiebreaker (pehaps they've changed), the first step is H2H, but we've split. Next is performance against #1. Well, currently, SUU and MSU are tied. Regardless of how they're split, both Sac and NAU have played a game apiece against SUU and MSU, and those games are all losses. Next is RPI. That should give the higher place to NAU because they're currently sitting at 180, while Sac is 244. The extra OOC win isn't supposed to factor in, but is it?

Of course, it's early, and we'll get the final standings figured out between the end of the regular season and the BSCT. But it would be nice to know where we are right now (either 4th or 5th). And I'm projecting both Sac and NAU to complete the last 8 at 5-3, and if that's the case, we'll STILL be tied....

(FYI: I'm not sure why NAU is so much higher in RPI. We have a better record in OOC games, particularly against peer OOC competition. (We have wins against SJSU/MWC, Seattle/WAC, IL State/MVC, and Bako/BWC , and losses to Cal, UCFE, and UCSB/BWC. NAU has wins against UNLV/MWC, GCU/WAC, and Cal Poly/BWC, and losses to Wazzu/Pac-12, Washington/Pac-12, UTEP/C-USA, Cal Baptist/WAC, and Arizona/Pac-12. Is it just having played three Pac-12s? Is the D-II game against Sonoma counting against us? Washington is 5-12, 0-7 Pac-12, and NAU lost to them. Cal is 10-5, 1-3, so I think we come off better there....)

Latest posts

Back