• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Conference schedule 11-4

bigskyconf

All games Saturday. Everyone plays.

Cal Poly at Eastern Washington
Idaho at Northern Colorado
Northern Arizona at Montana State
Portland State at UC Davis
Sacramento State at Montana
Weber State at Idaho State

Montana 4-1 (7-1)
Idaho 4-1 (6-2)
Montana State 4-1 (6-2)
Sacramento State 3-2 (6-2)
————————————————
Portland State 3-2 (4-4)
Idaho State 3-2 (3-5)
Northern Arizona 3-2 (3-5)
Eastern Washington 2-3 (3-5)
UC Davis 2-3 (4-4)
Cal Poly 1-4 (3-5)
Weber State 1-4 (3-5)
Northern Colorado 0-5 (0-8)

Q: can the Big Sky get a 5th team in the tournament? I doubt it (partially because I think PSU is better than Davis, partially because I’m certain playing North American is seen by those who make these decisions as a null game for Portland State). But at least it’s possible to have this discussion.

If we win out I think it will be close. A quality win over Montana and decent wins over NAU, EWU and UCD may be enough to get us in.

Getting way ahead of myself of course, but the Davis game next week should be fun and if we’re able to win the Montana game will be the biggest one we’ve had in while. I may even have to trek out to Hillsboro for it…

All games final

Eastern Washington 48, Cal Poly 13
Idaho 27, Northern Colorado 13
Montana State 45, Northern Arizona 21
UC Davis 37, Portland State 23
Montana 34, Sacramento State 7
Weber State 33, Idaho State 21

While two particular turnovers had substantial effects on the game, and while both play-callers like to mess around a bit… Davis could push PSU around more than the reverse when the situation called for it.

On that note, in the second half, Chachere seemed to throw a lot of balls too quickly, which at least seems to me to be a distrust in the line… unless he was hurt, and that was obvious late on.

I peeked at Q2 of the Idaho State game. For a team that supposedly runs a spread, Idaho State’s o-line pushed around PSU at key moments.

And… shrug.

Latest posts

Back