• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

DC Jeff Copp will not return for 2024 season

E-Wu Tang Clan

Honestly Best should have done this the monday after the final game. It might have possibly kept Marlon Jones from leaving.

Best should probably act like his job depends on hitting this hire out of the park.

I'd like to see an assistant hire from the MVFC or one of the better defensive teams from the Big Sky and not from D2. Someone with ties to Washington and good recruiting skills would obviously be good.

Not sure whoever the hire is turns things arouns soon enough for me. Seemed like we had good players preseason. Boils down to getting good players and hope we do well in the portal and transfers to have players up and running immediately. Not sure that's possible unles Best & Company work ot and throw in new hire working it. Any chance they hire from within or is there real talent out there to be had?

I'm going to have to ask anyone who thinks there is no room for immediate improvement to watch these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTEiTdxm3nI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYjehncV4pE

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
I'm going to have to ask anyone who thinks there is no room for immediate improvement to watch these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTEiTdxm3nI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYjehncV4pE

Strike as argumentative. ;-)

Is Best still the HC?

luckyintheorder said:

Is Best still the HC?

Not sure I get your point. HC delegates to coordinators and assistants. If they're not doing their job well they need to be replaced. Some HCs coach special teams like Hauck.

Eastern could be a playoff team even with a mid defense but yea some problems are team wide. Being awful in away games, dumb penalties etc.

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
luckyintheorder said:

Is Best still the HC?

Not sure I get your point.

Eastern could be a playoff team even with a mid defense but yea some problems are team wide. Being awful in away games, dumb penalties etc.

Sure you don't. Defensive performance has been identical year after year under Best, to say he is strictly delegating this to a DC is disingenuous and a copout.. He is far to involved in aspects of the game he's not equipped to handle. Completely agree that Eastern is a good playoff team with a middling defense. Have said as much several times the past few years. Don't want to predict failure in the coming season, so won't. It'll be an uphill slog with the HC'ing anchor though. This is one time I hope I'm wrong but the stench is pretty thick around the program under his leadership.

luckyintheorder said:
E-Wu Tang Clan said:
luckyintheorder said:

Is Best still the HC?

Not sure I get your point.

Sure you don't. Defensive performance has been identical year after year under Best, to say he is strictly delegating this to a DC is disingenuous and a copout.. He is far to involved in aspects of the game he's not equipped to handle. Completely agree that Eastern is a good playoff team with a middling defense. Have said as much several times the past few years. Don't want to predict failure in the coming season, so won't. It'll be an uphill slog with the HC'ing anchor though. This is one time I hope I'm wrong but the stench is pretty thick around the program under his leadership.

Best just probably sucks at hiring coordinators and when they flop he tries to prop them up to try to make it look like he doesn't suck at hiring coordinators and he might just be too nice to fire them. And its not "disingenuous and a copout" to think a person hired for a job would do that job.

Latest posts

Back