• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

EWU @ PSU Game Day Thread

EdubU10

Anyone trekking over for the game? My dad and I will be in attendance, weather looks to be perfect in Hillsboro.

Quick breakdown of to date season stats: PSU has better kicking return game (much better), solid middle of the pack (60's) defense, avg's 225 yds on the ground and 340 per game overall, gives up 32 points a game (not sure how), QB has about 600 yds on the ground and 7 td's this season and is efficient through the air....

I haven't seen any Viks games but the numbers make this look like an EWU nightmare considering Eags are 109 in D (113 against the rush) and 26 in O.... Somehow Eastern will have to play against type to be victorious. The new clock rules probably work in PSU's favor if they sustain drives. Guess that can go both ways.

Go Eags.

luckyintheorder said:
Quick breakdown of to date season stats: PSU has better kicking return game (much better), solid middle of the pack (60's) defense, avg's 225 yds on the ground and 340 per game overall, gives up 32 points a game (not sure how), QB has about 600 yds on the ground and 7 td's this season and is efficient through the air....

I haven't seen any Viks games but the numbers make this look like an EWU nightmare considering Eags are 109 in D (113 against the rush) and 26 in O.... Somehow Eastern will have to play against type to be victorious. The new clock rules probably work in PSU's favor if they sustain drives. Guess that can go both ways.

Go Eags.

Eastern and Portland State is pretty even as a match up. Portland State has some stupid stats because they beat some team I'd never even heard of 91-0. It was actually national news because it was such a wipe out. I believe they had scored 91 through the first 3 quarters. The numbers were completely astonishing.

They played well in a loss to Montana State and lost last week rather timidly to Idaho State. They are one week good, one week bad... kinda like Eastern.

LDopaPDX said:
luckyintheorder said:

Go Eags.

Eastern and Portland State is pretty even as a match up. Portland State has some stupid stats because they beat some team I'd never even heard of 91-0. It was actually national news because it was such a wipe out. I believe they had scored 91 through the first 3 quarters. The numbers were completely astonishing.

They played well in a loss to Montana State and lost last week rather timidly to Idaho State. They are one week good, one week bad... kinda like Eastern.

:thumb: forgot about that outlier win. certainly skews the stats. Like you say, coin flip.

EdubU10 said:
Anyone trekking over for the game? My dad and I will be in attendance, weather looks to be perfect in Hillsboro.

We used to enjoy this game and spending time downtown Portland walking around. That seems pretty much out of the question now so I'll watch in on ESPN+, a lot safer!

ewueagfan said:
The line must have moved. Earlier today it was EWU -4.5.

Thats a pretty big swing ... I just bet it at -1.5 didn't see what it was earlier...wonder if injuries were announced and missing players.

Latest posts

Back