• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Facility Improvement Pictures

gobears

I was up in Greeley last Saturday and took some pictures of the athletic facility enhancements underway since UNC has not updated the project site in a while. I will also see if I can get renderings of the new Notttingham East side complex and will post them later. The gallery can be found by clicking on the 'Gallery' link just below the site logo.

Thanks for the pics. Jackson is looking great (never thought I would say that).

BH still looks dated.

Those pictures are great and much appreciated. Is it possible to tell how big the Nottingham addition will be? From the pictures it doesn't look much larger than the little ticket booth that used to be there but of course I'm sure it is.

I wonder who the concert is? The best one I remember was the Red Hot Chili Peppers playing Butler Hancock in the fall of '88. That was a couple years before they got huge though.

The addtion runs most of the legnth of the stands, it is hard to tell how deep it is. I am trying to get some plans so everyone can see what it will look like.

The bands at the concert were Single File and Augaustana(sp?).

At some point somebody had those plans but wasn't able to post them for some reason. I'd be curious to see them if we can get them tracked down.

Glad to see you guys doing some renovations , looks good. I hope to attend a game their someday probably against the Griz.
Good luck this season!

The pics of the back of the East stands at Nottingham are interesting. The stands look bigger (like they go up higher).

The way Nottingham sits on a hill I've always found it looks bigger when viewed from the east and smaller when viewed from the west.

It's a shame the foresight or money wasn't there to duplicate the west side on the east side.

Also, while we're at it, to put the track around jackson soccer field and eliminate it from Nottingham.

Oh, and a new arena...

I say keep the track but let people back on the field after football games. Rumor has it that it was eliminated because it didn't look "D1", all it accomplished was ruining a school tradition.

Saw the additions at Nottingham and they're making nice progress. Should be no problem by the start of the season. Maybe August?

Beardown said:
Saw the additions at Nottingham and they're making nice progress. Should be no problem by the start of the season. Maybe August?

That would be great, but if past projects are any yardstick, they will be done with it in about a year or so.. :x

Is it true that there will be locker rooms in this new building?

Having to use locker rooms in Butler was a terrible plan from day one in my humble opinion.

Not locker rooms per se, but team meeting areas for pre game and half time. Benches, chalk boards, drinking fountains, etc. The building itself is mainly bathrooms for the east stands, and consessions.

Why are they building a new facility without locker rooms??? :?: :!:

That is just plain silly. If they dont have the money wait a few years and then do it. I would rather have a great facilty in say 2 or 3 years than a half assed one now....

From what I've been told- the plan is to build this to go along with the other side of nottingham, spruce it up so it looks somewhat symmetrical, and then the parking lot to the north of the stadium will be torn out for a field house. Or so i was told by some people a little before I got up here for school. Either way, it's good to see some kind of improvement :).

74 said:
From what I've been told- the plan is to build this to go along with the other side of nottingham, spruce it up so it looks somewhat symmetrical, and then the parking lot to the north of the stadium will be torn out for a field house. Or so i was told by some people a little before I got up here for school. Either way, it's good to see some kind of improvement :).

THat would be cool, but cost a lot of money we don't have. Unless they're planning on taxing students more. Hell, my kids might even be paying for it when they're at UNC. PS...I don't have any kids yet.

Hey Beardown, I bet my 2nd generation UNC kid (that I don't have yet) can beat up your 3rd generation kid(that you don't have yet)! :)

I'd love to see the plans for this new building. Or, if the athletic department issued a press release about it maybe...

Latest posts

Back