• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

ISU Softball

boisebengal

I'm very happy for the ISU softball team right now, as they're currently sporting an 8-13 overall record -- which is one more win than they had for all of last season. And there's many games that still remain to be played. What a great recruiting tool it will be when Miller Ranch Stadium finally gets built, but you wonder how long it will be before Sylvia Papenberg's property in Island Park finally gets sold, which would help pay for the facility. I'm thinking that property values all over are probably not very high right now, when you look at how lousy the economy is. And also, I understand that the football practice field and the softball stadium would have to be built at the same time, so we may have to wait until we get some more money raised before we can build the two facilities -- as Papenberg's gift may only cover about $1.2 million or so of the money that would be needed. And both facilities may cost about a million or so each.

There's some additional naming opportunities for those that have the financial wherewithal to contribute to Miller Ranch, as a new press box will be needed for a cost of $200,000, a new scoreboard will be needed for $100,000, and two dugouts will be needed at a price of $75,000 each.

The softball team has taken a BIG step forward this season, and the coaches and team deserve a round of applause.

The team split today, with the win coming against future conference mate St. Mary's. That puts them at 9-14, with 6 of those wins coming against D-I opponents.

Congratulations ISU Softball!!!

Are there any recruits for softball? Must be tough without a field and without a coach - what is happening?

Twenty wins!!!!! Well done!

This information is very seldom reported until a letter of intent is signed. Its the same with soccer and volleyball. Anyone with information that is legal is our hero.

Latest posts

Back