• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Prediction thread: MSU

Just a quick synopsis.

R.91c0d96168459b2ccd5915e8a4bc4435

The on-paper matchup favors Montana State in a big way. They like to run the ball. We can't stop teams that run the ball. That's a bad combo.

I expect Eastern to gameplan a lot like the Idaho game, where we're gonna need to run the ball a lot more frequently just to hold some time of possession and try to keep MSU out of rhythm.

If there's an upside, it's that we actually played halfway decent against Montana State last year. We should have won but choked it away with a late turnover and a bizarro call at the end of the game. However, this was the last decent game we played last year before the wheels completely fell off.

The funny thing is how different this matchup is than in years past. Historically, we have pretty much owned MSU. I guess this discussion highlights how much they've risen and we've sunk over the last few years.

Goung up against the #2 rushing attack in the nation and one of the best defenses as well. I think the boys will put up a good fight in the first couple of quarters but inevtiably lack of depth and not being to stop the run in any meaningful way is going to spell a lot of points given up.

I will go with EWU 14, MSU 58

LDopaPDX said:
The on-paper matchup favors Montana State in a big way. They like to run the ball. We can't stop teams that run the ball. That's a bad combo.

I expect Eastern to gameplan a lot like the Idaho game, where we're gonna need to run the ball a lot more frequently just to hold some time of possession and try to keep MSU out of rhythm.

This is a good assessment and I think the coaches will gameplan this way, The question is whether EWU can run the ball against the MSU defense.

EWU 17 - MSU 31, I just don't see this as a very high scoring game as I expect both teams to try to run the ball a lot.

Had a peak at the statistical matchup and it's not looking great for the Eags. I think we'll basically have to play a perfect game and get a couple of lucky breaks to be in a position to win late in the game. 41-24 MSU.

This will be a great game one our childrens, children, children children will talk about. They will never forget our name. Buckle up bitches we're in for a good one!
EWU 31-27

troy-achilles.gif

Obzerver said:
This will be a great game one our childrens, children, children children will talk about. They will never forget our name. Buckle up bitches we're in for a good one!
EWU 31-27

troy-achilles.gif

er... the dude who didn't use his shield is likely the Eastern Eagles. Would love to see an epic game. Going to be breezy at game time so it will limit the mid to long passing game (not that there has been one).

Eags 17 - MSU 38

*special note: MSU scores at least one special teams TD.

Latest posts

Back