• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Sac beat Montana State

weberwildcat

Were any of you at the game? What happened. All I was hearing was that Montana State was supposed to be legit this year and then they lose at Sac, no dis to Sac but how did they pull it off? This is a huge win at this point.

Montana is 0-2 and ISU is 2-0, who would have known.

I was. First of all..the officiating was absolutely atrocious...especially on us. MSU went to the line 22 times in the first half, converting 20. Every foul call on us was a shooting foul. Coupled with two technicals (and they made all four of those), their FT were the only thing that kept them in the game.

Twice we had two 10 point leads in the second half only to be whittled away as at one point, MSU grabbed the lead briefly. I'll say this, Vinnie McGhee is a stud. Not only is he a decent point guard, he can score..something DaShawn had some troubles with early in his career...and McGhee is doing it now.

Justin Eller has no business being on a Div. I basketball court. He is simply awful. He doesn't hustle when there is a loose ball, he doesn't know how to really pass to his teammates. The tech on Aboubakar was a joke...they said he was taunting with his mouth after a block shot; the "t" on Thomas was warrented because he did hold onto the rim about a second too late.

MSU was awful shooting the ball in the first half as they only made 25%...their FT kept them in the game. Justin Williams had an ok game and really redeemed himself hitting the game winning shot.

We rebounded the ball well and we did not commit many turnovers. I tell you, the scheduling leading to this game I think really hurt the team's chemistry. We should have never played 37 days away from home...and we should have never scheduled four top-25 teams. That said, now with a little confidence, who knows.

It was ugly, but we will take it. Anything can happen in this wacky conference as it has shown the past five years.

SactoHornetAlum said:
We rebounded the ball well and we did not commit many turnovers. I tell you, the scheduling leading to this game I think really hurt the team's chemistry. We should have never played 37 days away from home...and we should have never scheduled four top-25 teams. That said, now with a little confidence, who knows.

It was ugly, but we will take it. Anything can happen in this wacky conference as it has shown the past five years.

I agree, the scheduling really was rediculous. 37 days...yikes!

I'm glad Sac got an early win...sounds like MSU would have been schooled big time if it wasn't for FT's! Cool!

I hope you can beat UM too! I hope the Hornets can take advantage of the Griz while they're in the slump they're in.

I was at the game too. This roster has been decimated by injuries and poor academics...

Out for the year:

Randy Adams (Academic)
Jason Davis (Academic- No Eligibility Left)
Curtis Harrison (Broken Hand)
Roderick Adams (Injuries)
Spencer Shulte (Injury?)

Still hurting:

Clark Woods (Knee)
Wandji Aboubakar (Knee)
Alonzo Young (Knees)

Latest posts

Back