• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Soccer Countdown 6 - Hough

soccerfanatic

We are now only nine days from the public's first look at the new Bengal team and I finish up my review of the returning starters with a profile of Lauren Hough. (I better get more aggressive if I want to profile all of the returning players before the season starts.)

Lauren Hough

Lauren Hough was one of the brightest stars of last year's freshman class. She recorded minutes in every game and started more games than any other freshman. Her team honored her as Rookie of the Year and she earned an honorable mention on the Big Sky All-Conference Team.

Hough was one of the more versatile players on the team. She played in almost every position on the field during the course of the season, however, she settled into the role of defensive wing for the last 2/3 of the year. Despite earning that starting role, Coach Gibson was not afraid to move Hough up to offense when the team needed a shot in the arm.

A highly gifted player with strong technical skills, Hough's biggest talent is her ability to explode forward in burst of offense from her defensive wing position. While she is extremely competent in her defensive role at covering her player or getting back in an emergency, opponents have learned that they must also watch her closely because at any moment she can transition to an offensive threat. She also seems to have the ability to stay in constant motion without tiring on the field. Last year, she was able to put up 12 shots (7 on goal) and scored once as well as making an assist. Beyond those recorded stats, her offensive attacks would pull the opponent's defense out of position and prepared the way for the midfielders and forwards to make attacks on the goal. Look for Hough as a regular starter on this year's Bengal team.

Latest posts

Back