• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Transfer portal time

https://twitter.com/mjjr_6/status/1730695855357993039

There goes Marlon Jones, our best defensive back.

"I look forward to the opportunity to maximize my college football career."

Which reads, "I'm looking to maximize my college football career and I can't do that at EWU"

Shit like this more and more makes me think that they were waiting for changes to the coaching staff, especially the defensive staff, since that is not happening, they are opting to leave.

Best is increasingly pissing me off, if he can't make the hard decisions and get rid of ineffective and bad coaches, then he needs to step down. Maybe a buyout would have been worth it to stop the hemorrhaging that is about to happen.

THESE ARE ALL GRAD TRANSFERS TOO, DON'T CRY ABOUT THE TRANSFER PORTAL, GRAD TRANSFERING HAS BEEN AROUND FOREVER. THEY DON'T WANT TO BE APART OF A LOSING TEAM WITH SHITTY COACHES AND EMBARASSING LOSSES, WHEN THEY THOUGHT THEY'D BE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR AND COMPETING FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS.

About hiring good coaches. We are talking a grunts wage in a foreign land. We need the best off coord and d coord $35k can buy and if we get lucky, have players Then find the players, get results and they are gone. Nature of this game.I sit on fence with Best and really hope with next years schedule, incoming players who will contribute in day 1 and coordinators who step the F up!!!! We have to make playoffs next year as it's imperitive for recruiting. Down season again we are toast. I have faith....Let's Gooooooo!!!

idiocracy-square.gif

E-Wu Tang Clan said:

Which reads, "I'm looking to maximize my college football career and I can't do that at EWU"

Shit like this more and more makes me think that they were waiting for changes to the coaching staff, especially the defensive staff, since that is not happening, they are opting to leave.

Best is increasingly pissing me off, if he can't make the hard decisions and get rid of ineffective and bad coaches, then he needs to step down. Maybe a buyout would have been worth it to stop the hemorrhaging that is about to happen.

THESE ARE ALL GRAD TRANSFERS TOO, DON'T CRY ABOUT THE TRANSFER PORTAL, GRAD TRANSFERING HAS BEEN AROUND FOREVER. THEY DON'T WANT TO BE APART OF A LOSING TEAM WITH SHITTY COACHES AND EMBARASSING LOSSES, WHEN THEY THOUGHT THEY'D BE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR AND COMPETING FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS.

No secret I loved Marlon and Jackson. Won't talk about Aaron any longer, the decision has rendered the topic moot and I'm tired of being in a position to say "I told you so" It's not productive. Even our underused Seniors have opportunity in the portal and even though guys like Freddie who moved on last year to Miss St was underutilized, he was 3rd on the team in receiving and played SEC football, which was awesome. He saw the writing on the wall.

Best of luck to those that go, it ain't easy and not everyone succeeds.

Example:
Eastern Washington transfer WR Jakobie Keeney-James tells @ThePortalReport
that he has received interest from:

Nevada
Hawaii
Missouri St.
Arkansas St.
Umass
Rhode Island
SIU
William & Mary

Obzerver said:
About hiring good coaches. We are talking a grunts wage in a foreign land. We need the best off coord and d coord $35k can buy and if we get lucky, have players Then find the players, get results and they are gone. Nature of this game.I sit on fence with Best and really hope with next years schedule, incoming players who will contribute in day 1 and coordinators who step the F up!!!! We have to make playoffs next year as it's imperitive for recruiting. Down season again we are toast. I have faith....Let's Gooooooo!!!

idiocracy-square.gif

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but Eastern pays the coordinators the same as the rest of the FCS, about $100k a year. Even the assistants get like $60k.

Its gonna be a down season, Best and everyone will get fired and we're going to have to find someone to rebuild the program. Hope the new AD is good at it.

E-Wu Tang Clan said:
Obzerver said:

idiocracy-square.gif

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but Eastern pays the coordinators the same as the rest of the FCS, about $100k a year. Even the assistants get like $60k.

Its gonna be a down season, Best and everyone will get fired and we're going to have to find someone to rebuild the program. Hope the new AD is good at it.

My point was it's not easy finding good top tier coaches or up and comers...paying them and getting them to come to Cheney...I was thinking you said Best couldnt make the tough calls getting rid of coaches hiring new ones. But then now you say dont matter cause we'll get beat up Best and all coaches will get fired by Collins and school president next year is a lost cause ...well now i'm gonna stop worry about it...thx

Obzerver said:
E-Wu Tang Clan said:
Obzerver said:

idiocracy-square.gif

My point was it's not easy finding good top tier coaches or up and comers...paying them and getting them to come to Cheney...I was thinking you said Best couldnt make the tough calls getting rid of coaches hiring new ones. But then now you say dont matter cause we'll get beat up Best and all coaches will get fired by Collins and school president next year is a lost cause ...well now i'm gonna stop worry about it...thx

I don't see how those two statements are contradictory. If Best was going to fire coaches I think he would have done it by now to try to prevent transfers. I guess he still can, it would be kind of dumb after all the senior starters declare for the portal.

All good points and makes me wonder...has AB ever fire any coaches? Now, there's been alot of movement the past forever years but wonder if there's the 'ole choice of...you can resign or get fired. How many has AB fired in his time as HC?

numbers-dont-lie-statistics.gif

E-Wu Tang Clan said:

If by “forever” you mean 2014-2015 then ok. To my recollection that was the first time I can remember hearing about the graduate transfer rule. Previously folks could transfer but unless they were going to a different Division-Sub-Division they had to sit out a year. The grad transfer rule changed all of that.

Eaglefanatical said:
E-Wu Tang Clan said:

If by “forever” you mean 2014-2015 then ok. To my recollection that was the first time I can remember hearing about the graduate transfer rule. Previously folks could transfer but unless they were going to a different Division-Sub-Division they had to sit out a year. The grad transfer rule changed all of that.

I mean 2006 when the grad transfer rule was implemented, as opposed to the transfer portal that was implemented in 2018, 17 years versus 5 years. Maybe look it up instead of going off memory if you're trying to prove me wrong. Most these players were 4-5 when the rule was implemented so yea, its been a minute.

The grad transfer rule makes sense academically too since if a player graduated from their previous school and they want to attend a school that has a graduate program that their old school didn't

Hambone said:
Davenport_Eag said:

First off, this portal crap is completely ruining college football especially at the FCS level. Secondly, I thought he should have been the #1 back this season but he seems to have been injured a lot.

Agreed. If an FCS player gets offers from FBS programs, what’s the benefit of staying if there’s no penalty for transferring?

HeavyIsTheCrown said:
Hambone said:
Davenport_Eag said:

First off, this portal crap is completely ruining college football especially at the FCS level. Secondly, I thought he should have been the #1 back this season but he seems to have been injured a lot.

Agreed. If an FCS player gets offers from FBS programs, what’s the benefit of staying if there’s no penalty for transferring?

IMO the school giving up a player should be reimbursed for the years of scholarship invested.

clawman said:
HeavyIsTheCrown said:
Hambone said:
Davenport_Eag said:

IMO the school giving up a player should be reimbursed for the years of scholarship invested.

No.

Looks like Marlon Jones committed to Vanderbilt and Jakobie James to UMass. Stell signed with UIW

Toto.jpg

[media]https://x.com/JakobieKJames/status/1737946271707762774?s=20[/media]

[media]https://x.com/UIWFootball/status/1737582036834029671?s=20[/media]

luckyintheorder said:
Looks like Marlon Jones committed to Vanderbilt and Jakobie James to UMass. Stell signed with UIW

Toto.jpg

[media]https://x.com/JakobieKJames/status/1737946271707762774?s=20[/media]

[media]https://x.com/UIWFootball/status/1737582036834029671?s=20[/media]

Whatever, only Vandy is a noticeable upgrade. Now he has to compete against SEC talent for playtime.

Not sure it worked out well for ol' Freddie.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4364538/freddie-roberson

It looks like Jackson only has an offer from Saint Francis which I believe is a Patriot League school or maybe NEC?

That’s really surprising to me as I thought he was the best back we had this year when he was healthy.

Latest posts

Back