• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Will Jenkins Finish Out the Season?

Kadeezy

With the Pepperdine, USF and Oregon State coaches all getting the axe in the last few weeks, does anyone think Wanless is contemplating starting off the coaching search a little early?

I say no. There's no one on the staff at the moment capable of coaching a DI team. But, regardless I'd like to hear some of y'alls opinions.

:D

I think that it's in everyones best interest to stay the course, play out the rest of the season and then make the changes.
Lets face it this season is toast, there is nothing to be gained by making a change at this point. The last thing that we need is we need is for a unqualified assistant to be named interium coach, manage to win a couple of games and then try to pressure the school to be given the opportunity to be head coach, we have been down that road before with Anders and Jenkins and look how that turned out. I am sure that Jenkins can read the writing on the wall and has feelers out for another job. Perhaps he and Wanless have even informally discussed the situation. I only hope that Wanless is doing his homework and lining up some good prospects.

I would go for Ray Giocoletti, assistant at Gonzaga

As a head coach he took Eastern Wash to 5 consecutive Big Sky championship games, not bad!!

Then he went on to coach the Utes and went to the sweet 16 the first year then 2 losing seasons and then he got a tomahawk in his a**!

He must go - the sooner the better!! The Seniors on the team should be able to finish out with someone interested in something other than himself.

As for next year - bring in someone with headcoaching experience. These battlefield promotions haven't worked (Anders, jenkins)!

Just to clarify, Coach Jenkins was not hired during the season, he was hired after Abatemarco resigned after the season. But it was to put it in OldHornet's vernacular a "battlefield" promotion.

The real question is will Jenkins make it through the Weber game in Ogden??

The time before last when Sac went to Ogden, Jenkins went psycho on the officials...then again Weber won the game with a shot well after the buzzer. But we all know Big Sky refs are a joke whether ur the home or road team.

That call was a joke. They have video replay capabilities at your home court and they refused to look at them. I saw game film and the bucket was nearly a FULL second after the buzzer. What a joke... Jenkins had a right to be upset with that one, we got robbed...

It must have inspired the team though becuase who led the team to victory @ Idaho State a couple days later? None other than the immortal Zac Claus!

Latest posts

Back