• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

1st Scrimmage Results.

bengalcub

Offense Shines Early, but Defense Pick Up the Pace in First Scrimmage

Offense scores three TDs on first four drives

Andrew Benavides caught four passes for 113 yards and an 80-yard touchdown

Aug. 15, 2009

Pocatello, ID --- Idaho State quarterbacks combined to go 27-for-40 for 341 yards with three touchdowns as the offense totaled 496 yards and five touchdowns on 77 plays, but the defense came up big with a pair of red zone picks and six sacks in the first of two major scrimmages during fall camp. The second scrimmage will be next Saturday in the afternoon.

more...
http://isubengals.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081509aaa.html

Sad news on Tubotein Taylor, I certainly hope he is okay. Had anyone heard any more on the injury to Jordan Scott, I noticed that he did not have any statistics in this scrimmage.

It looks like Stew Tracy is a stud. Actually, it looks like all the RB's played well.

I really thought the defensive secondary would be the strength of this team. I sure hope they rebound and show some progress in the next scrimmage. Typically at this point, the defense is ahead of the offense. Either the Bengal "O" is really or good, or the defense is really...nevermind it is early.

It looks like Andrew Benavides has a real shot to play as a TRUE FR. Does anyone else have an opinion on the youngins that may be playing this fall?

Finally, any news on the kids (Lesu, Culpepper, Christoffersen and Livai) that are not in camp as of yet and how is everything going with Chad O'Donnell?

I knew the freshman Taylor would be hurt as soon as he was hit...into the right leg below the knee just as he planted the foot. Lance Cartwright got dinged up early on too, and never came back in...his knee on ice the rest of the scrimmage.

The offense REALLY impressed me early on...especially with the line blocking for our RBs...who all ran with power. I was impressed with every RB at least once. Blum played well...looking every bit as good and as mobile as he did late last year. I also thought Russell Hill absolutely owned the offense when he was in the game...making some great reads and calls at the line of scrimmage, then completing the adjustments to perfection. Some great young talent offensively...Benevides is a lightning bolt....really impressed with Tracy, LaPorta...and I saw what they meant about Skylar Morgan when they say he's a "vertical" runner...relentless attitude. Knickrehm ran like a brick wall with legs...just bulling his way through the line...hole or not. Obviously, I was not impressed with the defense early.

Later on though you could just see the momentum change. With each success...you could see the guys on D gain confidence and create more problems for the O. If the defense hadn't of caught the momentum later on...I would be real concerned right now...but I'm feeling better. I REALLY like our depth in some key spots on defense, and on offense.

IF we can stay healthy and avoid key injuries...I think we'll see numerous instances this year be successful where last season we failed by "just that much" (Agent Smart line).

After reading the recap closer and digesting it, I would have to say that it looked like a game of two halves. The offense rocking early and the defense locking it up late.

You guys have NO idea how much I loved the fact we ran the ball. I was there and on one of the drives, only 1 of the plays was a pass. The rest was one glorious run play after another. I'm positively ecstatic right now! I even saw an option or two and some I-Formations. This is going to be a fun season!!!

And the passing looked fairly decent too, with the fact we actually called passes...downfield. The only thing I remember about the offense last year was screens and small routes. I saw a deep ball or two, but I was very happy with the passing offense.

Defense looked a little off, even with the 6 sacks and 2 INT's. Maybe because the offense looked so dominant all day. The sacks and INT's are nice but it's in vain if the offense can roll up 470 yards. They can make it up in solid drives and punishing football. So the defense must step it up come the 22nd (hopefully I'll be up there that day too).

Overall, I was very pleased with the scrimmage. I saw Tupetain get injured; I was right there when it happened. I saw the screen pass, and the second I saw the tackler I knew something bad was going to happen. Here's to a speedy recovery to the guy!

I'll fix that....I must have been hitting the 1 key and forgot it does that. I was woken up twice on Saturday night after seeing that play in my head. I won't forget it, or the sound, anytime soon. Here is to a speedy recovery.

ISUSID

I'm glad my I.F. boys stepped up. Tew with a sack and a pick, Ben with a 25 yard run and a TD. That a baby.

Latest posts

Back