• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2009-10 Causeway Cup

Green Laser said:
Why didn't they have the track meet this year?
I agree. I'm not a big fan of the Causeway Cup but if XC is counted, track should be counted. The only other reason I can think track is not listed is that I read a rumor that they are going to axe their track teams due to the budget issues they are having. This would be sad as I view track as one of the core sports for an athletic department.

SDHornet said:
Green Laser said:
Why didn't they have the track meet this year?
I agree. I'm not a big fan of the Causeway Cup but if XC is counted, track should be counted. The only other reason I can think track is not listed is that I read a rumor that they are going to axe their track teams due to the budget issues they are having. This would be sad as I view track as one of the core sports for an athletic department.

That is strange that track is not apart of the Causeway Cup, especially since baseball and softball had like 4 contacts and gymnastics had 3 counting toward the Cup. It was davis' year to host. I don't think that davis will axe track, that seems pretty major compared with some of the other sports they offer. It might also be a required sport for the Big West. Our Track and Field program has consistently improved since Coach Raske was hired and is one of our more successful programs! Good luck to Softball and Crew, I hope that they can keep the Cup home for another year.

I really don't see how track is that big of an expense once the initial facilities overhead is paid. Most track facilities are shared with the football team, so there's very little add-on. Most track teams play two seasons (winter indoor/spring outdoor) which count two (four if it's co-ed), so the schollies can be split. The schollies can even be split a THIRD way given that most of the runners also compete in XC. Most of the meets are multi-team meets, so travel costs are minimal. (Compare with other sports that by definition play only one team at a time.) Also factor in the almost unlimited number of walk-ons track is allowed.

You get a lot of bang for your buck when you have track. I'll never understand dumping track, unless one has recently converted to a I-AAA program. (Which I would never advocate, either.)

Super Hornet said:
I really don't see how track is that big of an expense once the initial facilities overhead is paid. Most track facilities are shared with the football team, so there's very little add-on. Most track teams play two seasons (winter indoor/spring outdoor) which count two (four if it's co-ed), so the schollies can be split. The schollies can even be split a THIRD way given that most of the runners also compete in XC. Most of the meets are multi-team meets, so travel costs are minimal. (Compare with other sports that by definition play only one team at a time.) Also factor in the almost unlimited number of walk-ons track is allowed.

You get a lot of bang for your buck when you have track. I'll never understand dumping track, unless one has recently converted to a I-AAA program. (Which I would never advocate, either.)

I agree, track (and XC) is a bargain in terms of athletes served vs the cost to field the programs. Probably a total of 4 coaches to field XC, and indoor and outdoor track, both genders. There was a rumor on the davis board that their coaches were retiring after this season so they assumed that track would be on the chopping block but I don't see it.

I don't think Tim Fua is retiring yet. He's maybe got a year on me (he was Lodi Class of '89, I'm '90). He'd be a bargain as HC at any price.

Yeah I don't know why track wasn't counted, but I thought the whole point of the CC was to compete in every sport. :roll: I guess not counting every sport is the only way they can win the damn thing. :lol:

Found out that the Aggie track coaches refused to have a dual meet this year, even though it was scheduled to be at Toomey Field. So the blame is clearly on them...

SactoHornetAlum said:
Found out that the Aggie track coaches refused to have a dual meet this year, even though it was scheduled to be at Toomey Field. So the blame is clearly on them...
:lol: :lol: :lol: What a joke! Last year the quit mid-meet because of a little rain (Hornet Stadium has an all weather track) and this year they don't even bother to have a meet. How pathetic! :lol: :lol: :lol: Unless they really are going to axe their track program, there is no excuse to not schedule this meet. :roll:

SactoHornetAlum said:
They should automatically give us the points since they refused to schedule...pathetic job ags!

I agree, there is no excuse for not meeting in track. Track schedules are more flexible than most other sports, I can't remember a year that Sac and davis didn't meet in a Causeway Meet. If for what ever reason davis couldn't schedule a dual meet at least they could score performances against each other at other meets where both compete like the California-Nevada Championships in LA last week. Next season it is due to be at Hornet Stadium, schedule it if they don't show claim a forfeit!

Latest posts

Back