• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2009 Fall Football Roster is up.

bengalcub said:
Here it is...

http://isubengals.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/idsu-m-footbl-mtt.html

Great to see this! Any reports from the front lines on practices etc would be great too. The excitement builds!

Looks like the Bengals added a very nice athlete to their running back stable in Darrius Coleman of Kent, Wash.:

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/ken/sports/47238937.html

I watched some video on Coleman a few weeks ago. He runs awfully physical for a kid that weighs 170. He is elusive, but isn't a guy that tries to avoid contact.

That's good to hear, Cub. With Coleman, Jordan Scott, Skyler Morgan, LaPorta, Tracy and Knickrehm, looks like we're finally getting a little depth at the running back spot -- and young depth, for the most part, so we'll have bodies back there for three or four years.

Darrius Coleman. That definitely sounds like the name of a kick-ass player. I love it!

Thanks Cub! I'm looking forward to a better year this year!

I think that Ponicano and Scott may end up being one of the best kick return tandems in the BSC. Plus, McGowen is supposed to be a burner. Also, I would not be surprised to see Andrew Benavides play as a TR FR and he is one helluva a return guy.

And Tracy ran back four kicks for TDS in high school, including two punts in one game. Should be a lot of options back there handling the pig skin.

BTW, I have also heard that Coach Cullen has made a HUGE impact on the defensive side of the ball and the development of the defensive line...and the whole defense as a group. He is one INTENSE HOMBRE.

I pulled this from the Sports blog from the Journal..............

By Kelvin Ang

Idaho State has posted its 2009 roster on its Web site.

Here are some of my observations on the new names on the roster:
First off, it’s clear the Idaho State coaching staff did quite a bit of work during the summer. By my count, there are 21 new players on the roster who weren’t part of the recruiting class coach John Zamberlin announced in February.

Some of those names you already know, such as JUCO running back Jordan Scott and JUCO defensive defensive lineman Demetrius Grant, who were both announced during the spring.

Other well-known newcomers include Boise State transfers Josh Hill (a former standout tight end from Blackfoot), running back Stew Tracy and cornerback Keith McGowen.

A lot of the new faces are Idaho kids who probably are walking on. Some of the names local high school football fans will recognize are linebacker Trevor Spence (Aberdeen), cornerback Carson Glover (Century), offensive lineman Jordan Peterson (Snake River) and quarterback Jake Lammers (Jerome).

I know nothing about the rest of the new guys and will have to find out more about them after camp starts. Here are some that have caught my eye:
— kicker Brendan Garcia, a freshman from Monte Vista, Calif. Zamberlin did promise in the spring to bring in competition at kicker, in case Jarrett Huk gets hurt. Huk was the only kicker in the spring after Mike Ramos left the program.
— Dee Hunsaker, a freshman wide receiver from Altura, Calif. He is one of seven Idaho State receivers who stand 6-foot-2 or taller, topping out with Kelvin Krosch’s 6-foot-5.
— Speaking of tall receivers: Justin Brandsma, a freshman wide receiver from Wendell. He stands 6-foot-4, 215 pounds. Could he be a candidate to move to tight end?
— Minh Williams, a freshman offensive lineman from Hebron, Texas. He is listed at 6-foot-1, 340 pounds, which means he is instantly the biggest lineman on the team. Is he fleet enough to be able to play instantly? Another thing to note is that he is the only Texan on the team. Other Big Sky teams, notably Montana State, have tapped that recruiting base very heavily the past few years. Montana State picked up six Texans in its last recruiting class, making it two years in a row the Bobcats have recruited more players from Texas than any other state.
— Darrius Coleman, a freshman running back from Kent, Wash. Adds to Idaho State’s running back depth.
— Derek Shoecraft, Seth Ketchum and Brad Curtis, offensive linemen from Boise, Kellogg and Idaho Falls, respectively. They are all listed at 270 pounds, which is good size for a freshman. Let’s see how much they grow in the next few years.

Here are some other observations. The roster doesn’t include the following players who were on the list of recruits released on Signing Day: quarterback Justin Level, linemen Ryan and Sean McElwain, offensive lineman Chris Hardinger from Highland High and athlete Colter Reeves from Firth High. Hardinger and Reeves have told me they are going on their respective LDS missions, and I have an inkling the McElwain brothers might do the same. Not sure about Level.

Also, the following players have not returned, according to the roster: wide receivers Keith Goins Jr and Angelo Magee, offensive lineman Parker Jolley, defensive lineman Mykel Durr, walk-on linebacker Trevor Medley and fullback Mitch Beckstead, who Zamberlin said is going on an LDS mission.

I’ll definitely have more for you when camp starts on Thursday.

Another interesting name on the roster is Brad Curtis. He was an all-state heavyweight wrestler and was actually getting some looks from D-1 schools for football his senior year at Skyline, but he decided not to pursue it. If he's serious about committing to football, he could have an impact down the line.

Yes, he played at New Mexico State for a year and then was at Chabot Junior College with Jarrett Huk and Huk got him up here. Strong kid, looks like he could deliver a blow coming out of the backfield.

Latest posts

Back