• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2012 Roster updated

Thanks for the update.

Maybe, some of the player's profile page needs to be re-written. There is mention of other players names within their own personal profile page which is okay but the writer needs to write more about the talents and accomplishments of that particular player rather than the accomplishments of other players. Fans want to read about that particular player accomplishments and talents and how they contribute positively to the ISU football program.

The web-site background picture needs to be changed as it shows pictures of players from previous seasons. Is it possible to change the background picture so we can view this years team in action in their home uniforms? Maybe, throw a picture of Coach Kramer in there as the head coach.

Remember, potential recruits review the ISU football web-site. We want to make sure that we are up to date with the other Big Sky football web-sites.

just a suggestion as i am just a fan.. other fans may have their own views so I guess this is the time to list them so the writer and web-site designer can take your suggestions. Hopefully, someone can pass the information onto them if they know who they are.

I can tell you that the banners can be changed once a year (that's how I set up the contract), but we specificially had the pictures like that so that they conveyed ISU football, but weren't overly player specific, other than Jared.

Couldn't tell you about the bios, but I can say they are a bitch to write up 100 or so of them, especially new guys who are new walk-ons...that part takes a little bit.

Former ISU SID

I think it is appropriate for Jared Allen to be on the banner as he is a icon to ISU football; however, the other pictures need to be removed and replaced with current player pictures. If I was a player, why would I want to look at a banner that has pictures of former players representing the 2012 ISU football team?

As far as player profiles (bios), I suggest each player be given a copy of their profile so they review, correct, update, and add any accomplishments or talents, community service, hobbies, etc.. This could be done at one of their team meetings as it would take 10 minutes. At that point, the writer can collect the information, re-write, and update the information into the player profile. If I was a player why would I want to read about another players accomplishments rather than my own accomplishments?

Here is an example: was part of an offensive line that allowed quarterback Kevin Yost and wide receiver Rodrick Rumble set several single-game and single-season passing records.

As a fan, I want to read about that particular player on his accomplishments through the years i.e., football, communtiy service, hobbies, etc.

Here is an example: Played in 8 games on the offensive line. Was part of an offensive line that allowed some offensive players to have record breaking seasons. Has the talent to play both the tackle position as well as the guard position. Participated in several community services during the offseason in the City of Pocatello which include ? ?. Hobbies include ? ? .

Please pass information on to the web-site designer and writer. I understand the work is time consuming.

Frank, Any thoughts of coming back home? You could live in your van down by the (Portneuf) River. I think you were over worked and probably under paid??? You were good to have around. Hope all is well!

up for the challenge,

you sure have a lot of ideas for other people to do ......
why don't you volunteer?

spartan - if this is a volunteer position than something is wrong.. Our football program makes a lot of money for our athletic department so the fans, the players, the potential recruits, and the alumni deserve a professional web-site to represent ISU. As a fan, I give my feedback, information, suggestions, or ideas. If the athletic department does not want to pay good money for a professional web-site than we can expect a web-site that is below most D-1 standards.

Check out the Montana football web-site and the UC Davis football web-site, now that is professionalism, no doubt about it. If I was a recruit, I would be sold on their program just because of their football web-site.

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/football.aspx?m=37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/ucda-m-footbl-body.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

up,

our football program makes a lot of money...? what planet do you live on

all those people 'deserve' a professional web site? again - what planet do you live on?

so what if its a volunteer position.....?

i guess you are NOT up for the challenge offer up your help or throw some money to the program...

making suggestions for what other people should do with their time or money is of little or no use

spartan, i am not the only one that thinks the web-site needs to be improved.

C - our football program makes a lot of money...? what planet do you live on
A - one million for two D-1A non-conference games every year, they are called money games for the athletic department.. our players deserve a great web-site just for playing in these type of games.

C- all of those people deserve a professional web-site?
A - this is D-1, not a high school program. D-1 is all about business.

C - so what if it is a volunteer position?
A- if it is a volunteer position, ISU needs more volunteers to get up to D-1 standards as this is a full time job for at least two people. i suggest grad students in web design and english writing.

C- making suggestions for what other people should do with their time or money is of little or no use
A why in the hell do you care ? Are you the police, jury, judge, or current ISU football web-site volunteer...??

Again, check out these web-sites. That is a D-1 standard, no doubt about it.

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/football.aspx?m=37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/ucda-m-footbl-body.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

didnt look at the web sites - don't give a sh** what they do

'spartan, i am not the only one that thinks the web-site needs to be improved.' - i was talking to you - where does anyone else come in? fight your own battles. nice straw man argument

'our players deserve a great web-site just for playing in these type of games' - i can hear them now - 'sure glad we got our ass kicked by nebraska - the web site looks great' - what planet are you from?

'this is D-1, not a high school program. D-1 is all about business' - the program is desperate for money (kind of why we play those money games) send a check - don't tell them what they should be doing with the limited dollars they do have. what planet are you from?

'i suggest grad students in web design and english writing' - see, you're doing it again. send a check. i suggest you do it

'Are you the police, jury, judge, or current ISU football web-site volunteer' - nope - and i'm not telling other people what to do... you are... volunteer or send a check to the school...

seriously - what planet are you from?

I suggest that our athletic department look into hiring a private contractor or hiring a sports agency to maintain our athletic web-site so we stay competitive in the Big Sky. Just a suggestion as I am just a fan. I'm waiting for spartan to say something again but it takes time because he is from the planet "send a check" or from the planet "send money". :lol:

just so i get this straight... you don't want to help (volunteer/work for pay/whatever), but you do want to keep telling the athletic department what to do with their money...? That about right?

great idea - don't help just expect the program to exist on ..... what exactly? you are great for listing all the stuff you want (cuz you 'deserve' it cuz your a fan)

shut up or put up - send the program some money/play a part ... or you're just another dumba** :clap:

Even though college sports is a business they do not make money. In 2011 for Example, of the 120 Div I-A (FBS) only 22 were self-sufficient. in 2009 that number was 14. I don't know the numbers for I-AA but I would bet it is as low or worse. And if ISU is making money it is becasue of cutting staff and budgets on things like websites.

Also even if ISU Football brought in 1 million in money games it would still probably not cover salaries, scholarships, team travel, recruiting, new turf, and equipment. And buy outs of fired coaches.

Football brings in money but usually will spend just as much due to the size of the program.

The good thing is ISU doesn't spend millions on Football so a profit is possible and maybe does happen, but if it does I doubt its much.

Up for the challenge makes me happy I'm living large in New Mexico. There are ways to get stuff updated quicker, and here at UNM we have the players check their bios. I also for basketball update them directly after the season.

The issue is Schaack has to go from football to basketball to softball, and that doesn't give a heck of a lot of time. Also, I at least had a G.A. there giving the office three people. I think it's really just him and Jaime right now, and two people for 15 or so sports doesn't work. I have a hoard of folks from students (who I can pay) to full-timers here.

And Montana has a web person...they have one person dedicated to only working on their website, making them an apples to oranges comparison. And really, you can't bitch about an offensive lineman's bio talking about how they helped the QB set passing records...because that's relevant. If I'm in the media and reading it, I would want to know which quarterback set the records.

The ISU SID job is not an easy one based on the man power given and the number of sports a person has to have. And yes, I thought my salary was low...I think I was seventh out of eight in the Big Sky when I left, and I had been there for 12 years.

I actually think I'd do a better job there now then I did when I was there just from learning a few new tricks from here at UNM. That ship has sailed though...I love it here. I do miss the folks from Poky and the fans though...love the passion!

Former ISU SID

I like the *Countdown* articles on the football link. I appreciate the info & the effort it takes to get it posted. Thanks for getting the Bengal community ready & excited about the new season.

I'm glad UFTC is suggesting way to improve the website. I think ISU is often too guilty of just sitting on their hands and waiting for the time they HAVE to make improvements. Seriously. Knowing how short staffed the department is helps shed light on the situation and makes us take a more realistic look at it.

That said, topics similar to this come up time to time. I think you'd be surprised how many volunteers would take the time to help with something like this. I also KNOW there are many students who would drool at the opportunity to volunteer/intern for something like this. I remember a couple years back, Frank, when this was suggested and you said something to the effect that students are flakey and you couldn't count on them. I just think you, and by that I mean the department, need to better identifity those students who could be valuable resources.

My intention was not to redicule but only to bring up some suggestions or ideas for the web-site as I felt some areas may need to be reviewed. I never said that current web-site is terrible, I actually think it is good. I do appreciate the work that is involved as I know it is time consuming and probably difficult trying to get all of the information, etc.

I did not realize FormerISUSID managed the website over the years, great job as all of us appreciate your hard work. Good luck to you in New Mexico. I agree with FormerISUSID as he mentioned that each player needs to check their bios before publication as that is a great idea, that should have been done this past week during a meeting with the players. On the other side, I do disagree with FormerISUSID that the bios of each offensive linemen should include the name of the quarterback and the name of the receiver that had a breaking record year. The quarterback and receiver have their own personal bios for the viewer to read. I did not see the names of the offensive linemen that helped the quarterback and receiver achieve their record breaking year in their bios? It would appear that maybe somebody decided to over publicize these players by putting their names into other players bios.

Sorry Spartan, I am not a professional web-site designer or sports writer so I will not be able to volunteer. As far as sending money or a check that is up to me as that is my own business and not your business. Maybe, you need to volunteer, or send a check or money, but it sounds like maybe you like to talk the talk rather than walk the walk. I would like to hear your suggestions about the web-site or maybe you are content with the current website which is fine. Respect my suggestions, if not, too bad. :nod:

NOT up for the challenge,

your 2nd paragraph is gibberish....? wtf are you talking about?

i don't give a sh** what you do... or how you spend your money... basically i think your full of sh**

a number of years ago when my grandparents died they left me some money.... since then - every year - i make a donation to isu. some years are more than others depending on how ell the funds do.... i have arranged so a small sum will continue to be sent after i die......

so NOT up for the challege - fu

put up or shut up - oh wait... you just wnat to tell other people what to do with their time/money

your a dumba**

Latest posts

Back