• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2012 Roster updated

Spartan,

I do not care if you donate one million or one dollar, up to you. I do not care if you volunteer your time or not, up to you. Up to me or anyone else on this site if they want to volunteer their time or donate money. Again, not you business to tell people to volunteer or ask for donations. If they want to volunteer their time or donate they will contact the athletic department or ask how to volunteer their time or donate on this site. By the way, your profanity is not appreciated by me or anyone on this site so go blow smoke somewhere else.

your posts seem to drift from one position to another... you seem to have a difficult time following your own 'logic/train of thought'

what people do with their own time and money is their business - constant theme from me

you keep 'suggesting' what the athletic dept needs to do with their time/personnel/money - please try to follow along with your own (nonsensical) 'logic'. if you want something done in the athletic dept. - go work for them/send them money specifically for that particular issue

no body owes you anything because (you think) you're a fan.

fyi - you brought the profanity into it - post number nine of this thread - what world do you live in....?

jeez

your inability to follow a consistent theme in your 'arguments' suggests you suffer from logical inconsistency. under dsm-iv/dsm-v you would be classified under a mental condition known as - massive dumba**

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Getting student help at New Mexico is way easier than at ISU. I admittedly did a poor job of getting student help ... that's why I had Katie in charge of it when I left. I did however hire some good folks, as the track record of where they went after ISU speaks for itself.

The issue with volunteers and folks doing the website is if you give them the keys, you have to be ready to take the heat if they make a mistake, and I mean like a major mistake...like a cursing or twitter-rant type of mistake. I wasn't overly willing to do that.

Folks will remember I had fans proof the media guides...that was one of the smarter ideas I had there. UFTC doesn't understand that bio for the lineman. It's literally two sentences...played in all 11 games, making 10 starts...starting eight games at right guard, and the final two at right tackle. That's it. You want people eons from now to see that Evan Dietrich-Smith was the tackle when Josh Barnett set the school rushing record...not when a Bengal set the school rushing record. Silly to think otherwise.

Good topic....

ISUSID

bhumble said:
Give it a rest Spartan. I mean really

Hey up for the challenge, don't pay any attention. Some people want to fight over the most petty things out there.

Hey Sparty, I bet if I gave you a $100 bill you would bitch and moan that it wasn't two $50's?!?!?!?!?

We are all fans here, cmon.

bhumble wrote:Give it a rest Spartan. I mean really

Hey bhumble -- is that your bulldog in your avatar? I bought one earlier in the year, neat dogs.

Yes it is. I just lost him to cancer a couple months ago. He was a great dog. I miss him.

FormerISUSID -

I agree with you about the OL bios are simple by nature . The OL job is to block and to play other OL positions as needed during the season, that is basically it. Maybe, another sentence or two could be included in the OL bios if they are elected to team captain, made all league, or earned other recognitions or honors through the team or as a student.

I think the names of other players and their accomplishments or stastics should not be added to another player bios. I personally like to read the bios of each player accomplishments and stastics but do not want to read about another players' accomplishments or stastics in the next sentence. It is like which player am I reading about ?

I would like to see OL have a stastic listed like receivers, etc., but that has not happened yet. One of their stastics could be: What was their percentage of blocking during each game? If they were 50% than that means 1 out of every 2 defensive players got through their block. If they were at 90% that means only 1 out of every 10 defense players got through their block.

Spartan is a no account, progressive liberal entitlement occupy wall street stalwart. At least he owns it. Cats like him will finish off whatever diminished viability ISU athletics once had. He'd be beneath mention except that so many of ISU's admin perpetuate the same kind of stupid.

As a little boy, my dad and uncle always referred to me as "the unbelieving Jew". That was given to me because I liked to argue about almost anything. To make a valid argument you need to present some valid stastistics, not just some off the wall bull crap just to contradict someone. I also found out that all you have to do to end an argument is quit answering back. Ever notice how many topics stop when posters quit writing!
I think some valid points were mentioned about the players bio's. If each player made their own bio, you wouldn't see any other players' names mentioned. Now, the problem seems to be getting everything up to date. I read a lot of college websites and you will find that the majority of them are not exactly current. I would think that it is a tremendous job unless that is all one had to do. As far as I know, a service is trying to be provided and I'm sure those that are working on the website are doing their best. Probably under staffed with very little financial help.
bhumble, I am sorry to hear about you bulldog. I have one myself as does my daughter. I have found that they are very loyal, but also very stubborn or hard headed. I am sure that you will agree. I have always wondered why so many schools use them for mascots. I love the ones that are brought to the games, the most popular being from the Georgia Bulldogs. :thumb:

Bandit - I never said the web-site is bad. I actually think the website is good. I suggested only two areas that needed to be reviewed (football player bios and updating current football players to the banners).

I actually hate when an offensive lineman bio says some crap like "graded out at 94% vs. Weber State". What does that mean? graded how? pass blocking...run blocking? That is just so ridiculously subjective...I was always glad Bruce Barnum agreed with me on that one.

UFTC, I'll leave it at this...I think as someone who does this for a living, I can state that having another person's name in a bio is fine...the media prefer it that way as they want the information.

Former ISU SID

You are right if you think it is fine to publicize another player in another player bio especially if the media prefers it that way. I do agree with you about pass and run block percentage as that is an unofficial stastic. I am looking forward to the offensive line doing well so the skilled players can have another breaking year.

Latest posts

Back