• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2013 Baseball

SDHornet

Staff member
2013 Baseball

For those interested, baseball opens up next week at Texas but the first home game isn’t until the the following week. There is also going to be a game at Raley Field against Fresno State in late March and the schedule is filled with regional competition. The Hornets were picked to finish 4th in the WAC. The Hornets need to keep their upswing under Coach Christiansen.

Hornetsports Release (old): http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/baseball/release.asp?release_id=10610

Schedule: http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/baseball/schedules/index.asp

Preseason Poll: http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/baseball/release.asp?release_id=10949

Thanks SDH, I've always really enjoyed Hornet baseball, my second favorite Hornet sport.

I think Coach C. will do a very good job of fostering the program and instill much needed energy. If they could somehow find a way to add lights and move more games to 6-7pm start time we would fill the stadium.

Playing at Disch-Falk field at UT is imposing. I've been there many times, barring rain, the weather should be perfect this time of year. ie. no humidity.

Another nice win today over a Big West school (CSUN) in front of 611 fans. Nice to see baseball getting as many fans as a mens basketball game.

Go Hornets

Green Cookie Monster said:
1,212 at Raley Field last night, more than MBB.

Any idea why this game was played on a damn Tuesday night? This would be cool if it could be worked in on the weekends or Thur/Fri night with warmer weather. If I was still a student, I know that would've interested me more!

Kadeezy said:
1,212 at Raley Field last night, more than MBB.

Any idea why this game was played on a d@mn Tuesday night? This would be cool if it could be worked in on the weekends or Thur/Fri night with warmer weather. If I was still a student, I know that would've interested me more!

Because solo games are always played on Tuesday's and sometimes on a Wednesday. Conference play continues this weekend. We are at Dallas Baptist starting tomorrow (due to Easter).

Hope the team refocuses, they have not been producing regularly when playing good opponents.
Baseball avoided the sweet at Dallas Baptist. They needed that win bad.

josephpoint said:
Nice 3 game sweep of Texas State.

Roll on Hornets!!
Good to see baseball get it together after a tough start to WAC play.

Instead, a leadoff double from Morgan Mickan to center and a walk to Garrett Mattlage ended Leitao's day as we gave way to freshman Sutter McLoughlin. Designated hitter Andrew Stumph advanced the runners with a sacrifice bunt back to McLoughlin for the first out. Lovejoy was then walked intentionally to load the bases for Colby Targun. On an 0-1 pitch, Targun floated a ball into shallow right field which was caught over-the-shoulder by Sacramento State second baseman Andrew Ayers. Mickan tagged on the play and was thrown out at the plate by Ayers.
http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/baseball/release.asp?release_id=11190

:shock: What a play by Ayers to secure the win. :notworthy:

Latest posts

Back