• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2014 Baseball

The Hornets just knocked off #24 Fresno State at Raley Field 2-1 in 10 innings to move to 7-6 on the season. I highly recommend catching one of the Raley Field games. Nothing like drinking a beer during a Hornet game without the fear of the gestapo kicking you out for possession.

Great pitching from the Hornets as FSU had multiple opportunities to score during this one.

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/boxscores/20140305_rq4v.xml

:clap: :clap: :clap:

SDHornet said:
The Hornets just knocked off #24 Fresno State at Raley Field 2-1 in 10 innings to move to 7-6 on the season. I highly recommend catching one of the Raley Field games. Nothing like drinking a beer during a Hornet game without the fear of the gestapo kicking you out for possession.

Great pitching from the Hornets as FSU had multiple opportunities to score during this one.

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/boxscores/20140305_rq4v.xml

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hornets have knocked off Fresno twice this year, still like our chances this season. Go Hornets!

Given the relative program trajectories, SD, this isn't all that much of a surprise. One would think that with a former major leaguer running the show, UOP would be kicking shell, but for them, .500 is a good season. SMH....

Pleasantly surprised to flip on the TV and see the Hornets playing the desert Aggies (one of those rare moments I was glad the wife insisted on the uber cable package). I gotta say, this team looks good. This team is getting hot, and I'm thinking we can make some noise this season. Definitely wet my appetite and provided some incentive to get my butt in gear and into the park to catch a game or two.

11-0 mercy rule win for the Hornets over New Mexico State today . 19 runs for Sac State in the first two games against the Aggies. Go for the sweep!!! Offense has come to life big time!!

7th win in a row for Sac State.

Cannot seem to get live stats and the radio broadcast costs $69.00 to register on the NMSU website. A terrible website to navigate no less. Looking forward to the Hornets getting out of Lost Causes.

Go Hornets!!

First place at 5-0 in the WAC!!!

20-6 win over the Aggies today and another mercy win. 39 runs in the sweep over the pre season 2nd place New Mexico State team. 6-0 now in WAC play. 8 wins in a row, the longest win streak in 22 years. Wow.

Roll on Hornets!!

The win streak is at 11 as the Hornets knocked off Seattle in the bottom of the 15th yesterday. :clap:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf3wJFgOFeo#aid=P7QtPYSQDLA[/youtube]

Hornets look to push the streak to 12, the sweep against Seattle, and to stay perfect in WAC play today at noon.

Nice 10th inning 5-4 win over Grand Canyon today for the 10-1 WAC leading Hornets after a 9th inning rally by GCU last night to give Sac the first WAC loss of the season following a crazy 14 inning loss to UOP on Tuesday. Good to be back on track and may the Hornets get out of Arizona with another win tomorrow and get back home to face Davis, Southern Utah and Oregon State for the next 6 games.

Interesting to look at the Grand Canyon sports program in their first year at Div. 1. Amazing 5,000 seat basketball arena with enormous fan support. Looks like the Lopes will be a strong player in the WAC as a new member. They have things in place right away for Div 1.

oops. Meant to say Utah Valley on the next homestand. Same state , wrong school. Got to keep alert with all the different schools and the different leagues that our Hornets belong to.

The Hornets are now 10-2 after dropping 2 of 3 to Grand Canyon. The Hornets (21-14, 10-2 WAC) are still two games ahead of second-place Grand Canyon (18-15, 8-4 WAC).

Man, bottom-feeders Chicago State (10-21, 0-9 WAC) and UNC (5-30, 0-12 WAC) are HORRIBLE!

Tough to drop 2 of 3 on the road at GCU. I think the Hornet pen was spent. They had a 14 inning game against Seattle the prior Saturday and then another 14 inning game at Pacific a few days before flying to Phoenix. Even then we still should have won 2 of 3.

Fortunately the Hornet played the faggies this afternoon and completely mud stomped them as they have since Coach C came to town. A 15-7 beat down at their place. :lol: :twisted:

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/boxscores/20140415_79wf.xml

Best of luck for the WAC leading Hornets against the #3 ranked oregon State Beavs coming up on monday and Tuesday. May hornet fans come out in mas for our Sac State team!!

After taking 2 of 3 from UVU this past weekend the Hornets come from behind and overcome a 6-1 deficit to knock off 4th ranked Oregon State tonight at Raley Field 7-6!!!

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/boxscores/20140421_pkh4.xml

If you weren't at the game tonight you missed out on a great time. Good crowd, great game!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Why does Oregon State keep scheduling us in any sports?!?!?!?!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great win for Sacramento State over the #4 ranked team in the nation. And rallying from a 6-1 deficit to win 7-6.

And how bout 1,569 fans in attendance on a Monday night Quite a statement here about people turning out for a good Hornet team at an off campus, downtown stadium against a big time opponent that people can get excited about in a community perhaps anxious for more of this big boy NCAA Div. I action!!

OSU rebounded and thumped us 8-1 to split the series. Almost 1k showed up to the game today.

another large crowd of 900 on campus for the 1 p.m. game on Tuesday. Just shy of 2,500 for the two game series. Excellent.

Good luck against BAKO this weekend!!

Go Hornets!

Nice series win over BAKO this weekend on the road for our 1st place Hornets with games coming up at home against Menlo, Chicago State and Davis with a trrip up to Nevada in between. 9 more WAC games to go with 6 at home. Go Hornets!! 27 wins so far. Roll on.

Latest posts

Back