• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2014 bengal football season

Bengalfanatic2014

With spring football right around the corner lets begin to talk football. I am excited to watch the bengals this year. I believe this is the year for Kramer to see what he can do. He has now had the time to bring in his recruits and get his program going. The offense returns ten starters with. Luke Austin being the only senior we lose. Cam Richmond will be missed as well but he actually lost his starting position the last three weeks of the season to true freshman chad hansen. I like what the offense did last year. The big question for this upcoming season will be, can we score in the redzone? Justin Arias showed he has a lot of potential but I question if he is the one who can win close games down the stretch. He needs to show better leadership and get the guys rallied down the stretch.
The defense returns many all conference guys including mitch beckstead, austin graves, and tyler kuder. The defense showed a lot of improvement from the previous year. They still have a lot of work to do in order to compete for the top of the conference. Toone and cooper have them going in the right direction. The guys respond well to them and play hard. Excited to see what they will do this year.
Changes going into the spring are at the quarterback position. Sessions is no longer playing for the bengals. It appears that Delacensarie will be the back up quarterback for the season. Nick beckman is still recovering from his knee injury and will be out for the spring but should be ready for the fall. It will be interesting to see what the staff does with the starting lineup for the o line with so much depth. I dont know of any jc transfers coming in. But I did hear that cody anderson who is from shelley will most likely join the bengals for the spring football season. The bengals have a new lifting program so I am looking forward to seeing the results from that. Lets get hyped and talk it up about the 2014 football season!

According to the players they loved the new winter workout program. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The workouts were designed to particular positions. In the past the whole team would do they same workout but now they skilled had different workouts than the bigs.
I am not completely sure why Sessions left the team. From what I understood he was just ready for a change. I don't know if he felt that he was given much of a chance but in the end he decided to move on and wish him the best of luck in whatever he decides to do.
Hansen is still enrolled but will be leaving after the semester. He is leaving because two family members have been diagnosed with cancer. So he and his family felt that he should be closer to home.
I am excited to watch the upcoming scrimmages. The biggest question will be, how will mangum do in replacing hansen? Mangum has the size and athletic ability to be a great receiver. KW Williams should be a good replacement for Austin. I am not worried about the offense they will be fine under the leadership of arias. August can't come soon enough!!! Lets get talking about the season

Trivia question:

What current player on the Bengals was named to the 2012 College Sports Journal Freshman All-American team ... earned honorable mention all-conference in the Big Sky in 2012 ... was second on the team in tackles with 77 in 2012 ... and played in 10 games in 2012 ..... ?

Answer:

Taison Manu

I wonder where Taison is on the depth chart going into spring ball as he did not play much in 2013 ?

Latest posts

Back