• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2017 Offers (recruiting)

demian

Marcus Reynolds Jr. DE/OLB Long Beach CC Long Beach, Ca. His film looks real good. Big, tall, rangy, powerful, plays with HIGH MOTOR, great off the edge!!

up for the challenge said:
If Marcus received an offer than he is academically eligible for transfer to ISU. That is good.

according to twitter. there seems to be some confusion as to a hacked account or a fake account for coach toone. I really have no clue what all that means. I SIMPLY HOPE THE OFFER WAS MADE TO THE PLAYER because Marcus looks like a nice defensive end that could cause some havoc in opposing backfields. Juco football in California is legit. Like you said UFTC if he was given an offer that would obviously mean he meets ISU academic standards for a transfer. Interested to see what happens with this one.

I saw that mix-up as well. I've never known a coach to offer a scholarship through Twitter so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Tacoma5 said:
I saw that mix-up as well. I've never known a coach to offer a scholarship through Twitter so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Exactly. I would find that VERY unlikely that the offer was made via twitter. I am hoping there was a offer made via email or phone call to that player and the player simply just went to twitter to announce it. Any way that kid will be getting some more offers in the near future so the player will be just fine. I hope we are in the mix for him cuz he looks good.

Maybe PBP can ask Kramer if an offer was made? I have never heard of a coach or recruiter extending an offer via email without visiting his high school or JUCO and talking with that player. Letters of interest do not mean anything other than to put in a scrap book. If Marcus has been offered and is interested in ISU he will be tripping to ISU on a visit.

Maybe PBP can ask Kramer if an offer was made? I have never heard of a coach or recruiter extending an offer via email without visiting his high school or JUCO and talking with that player. Letters of interest do not mean anything other than to put in a scrap book. If Marcus has been offered and is interested in ISU he will be tripping to ISU on a visit.

You are correct there UTFC about the stock letters in the mail thing. They are sent to about a 1000 kids each spring per school etc etc. They are usually just used to get you to maybe fill out a questioneer so they can put your info in a data base.

Coaches are not allowed to specifically say who offers were extended to or who has "verbally" committed. Once a player signs a National Letter of Intent, they can get into specifics but not before then.

I may be told something, off the record but I can't and wouldn't share that on a message board.

PBP

PBP is correct that coaches cannot talk about a recruit until that player has signed. Once an offer is made to the player the cat is out of the bag and the social media takes over. Remember, an offer is not a signed contract so it is just talk until that player is enrolled in school

Coach Kramer just recently announced that one of his walk on players is deserving of a scholarship. A walk on is not under contract like a scholarship player so how can Kramer announce an offer to a walk on to the public? I guess it is because that walk on is already on the team and enrolled as a student. Why not wait until that walk on signs the scholarship papers before making an announcement to the public just like other recruits that have been offered?

Here are some questions maybe somebody can answer?

1) Since a walk on is not under scholarship can that walk on player transfer to a higher division school without losing a year of eligibility?
2) If another team is interested in a walk already enrolled and playing at another school can that walk on player transfer without penalty?

Up:

I'm probably wrong on this but my get feeling is that once a player scholarship or not actually appears in a game then he (or she) is under the same rules set forth by the NCAA.

Again I have no idea if that is true or not that's just my initial reaction to your questions.

PBP

PBP - I am sure you are right about a walk on as time is ticking 5 years to play 4 so I am sure the same rules apply to a walk on just like a scholarship player in the NCAA about transferring and penalty. The only difference I see is that APR's do not apply to a team for a walk on. Remember, Kramer gave walk ons scholarships that had high GPA's to boost the team APR's during the probation period.

Jack Colleto of Camas HS in Camas, Wa. announced on twitter he has received an offer from ISU. Camas HS is one of the best 4A football programs in Washington the last 4 years. They have produced good QB's. Camas playes in the Greater Saint Helens League which is a very good league here in the southwest part of Washington state (city of Vancouver, Wa. and its suburbs). He is 6'3" 200lbs

Up:

To answer the questions you posed earlier in this thread about walk-on transfers and the possibility of them going to another school, I forwarded those on to ISU compliance. Here is their answer FYI:

"There are several factors to consider in the situations you presented. A lot needs to be satisfied in order for a non-scholarship student-athlete to transfer to a higher level without fulfilling a year in residence......depending on the sport of course. Generally, the year in residence is required for student-athletes participating in basketball, FBS Football, FCS Football (unless FBS transfer goes to FCS with two or more seasons of competition remaining, or FCS transfers to another FCS that does not offer athletic scholarship), baseball, and ice hockey. Athletes in all other sports can transfer one-time with out sitting, if eligible at previous school, and previous school certifies in writing there is no objection to the one-time transfer exception.

Here are answers to you scenarios as if we are dealing with an FCS non-scholarship student-athlete:
1) Since a walk on is not under scholarship can that walk on player transfer to a higher division school without losing a year of eligibility?

Here are the bylaws that would need to be satisfied for this to happen. Hard to get around all of the boxes needing to be checked.

14.5.5.2.7 Two-Year Nonparticipation or Minimal Participation Exception. The student transfers to the certifying institution from another four-year college and, for a consecutive two-year period immediately before the date on which the student begins participation (practice and/or competition), the student has neither engaged in intercollegiate competition nor engaged in other countable athletically related activities in the involved sport in intercollegiate athletics beyond a 14-consecutive-day period, and has neither practiced with a noncollegiate amateur team nor engaged in organized noncollegiate amateur competition while enrolled as a full-time student in a collegiate institution. The 14-consecutive-day period begins with the date on which the student-athlete first engages in any countable athletically related activity (see Bylaw 17.02.1). The two-year period does not include any period of time before the student's initial collegiate enrollment. (Revised: 1/10/95, 1/9006

14.5.5.2.9 Nonrecruited Student Exception. The student transfers to the certifying institution, and the following conditions are met: (Revised: 1/9/06)
(a) The student-athlete was not recruited by the certifying institution (per Bylaw 13.02.13.1);
(b) No athletically related financial assistance has been received by the student-athlete; and
(c) The student-athlete has not competed for any previous institution and has not engaged in other countable athletically related activities in intercollegiate athletics beyond a 14-consecutive-day period at any previous institution. The 14-consecutive-day period begins with the date on which the student-athlete first engages in any countable athletically related activity (see Bylaw 17.02.1).

2) If another team is interested in a walk on already enrolled and playing at another school can that walk on player transfer without penalty?

First, the other school would request permission to speak to the student-athlete. A transfer release would then need to be issued in writing by the previous institution. The same rules would apply in this situation, even if another school is interested in having him/her transfer.

Other exceptions that would allow for immediate eligibility for competition include discontinued academic program, and discontinued/nonsponsored sport.

So, your answer was correct in that immediate eligibility upon transfer depends largely on participation in competition, but it also matters if they practiced beyond 14 days, and if they were recruited. There are many recruited walk-ons in college football. The school to which they transfer would have to determine how many times they were called or evaluated during the recruitment process at the previous school, or if they came on an official visit, etc..."

PBP

per twitter Lucas Overton WR/CB Emmett HS in Emmett, ID. 6'2" 190lbs lists an offer from ISU on 12/5/16

Per twitter Jack-Eli Tufono lists an offer from Idaho State University :

Kilihi, Hi.
Punahou High School
OL/DE
6' 4.5"
260lbs

He also lists an offer from UNLV on his highlight film.

Updated 1/15/17 - Just announced his commitment to ISU per twitter. Welcome aboard young man

Luc Overton is one the top athletes in the State of Idaho. This can be a quality pick up for the Bengals.. I'm glad to see the ISU going after a an athlete like Jack-ELi.. WHY? ISU never offers athletes that already has division 1 offers on the table... On the 2016 roster we had 3 players that had multiple offers

TrueBengal said:
Luc Overton is one the top athletes in the State of Idaho. This can be a quality pick up for the Bengals.. I'm glad to see the ISU going after a an athlete like Jack-ELi.. WHY? ISU never offers athletes that already has division 1 offers on the table... On the 2016 roster we had 3 players that had multiple offers

TrueBengal - I liked Luke overtons film. He looks like a very good football player. I'm not surprised when U say he is one of the better athletes in the state of Idaho. It would be great to get him because that would be back to back seasons getting one of of the best athletes in the state of idaho (trey bell last year). Jack-Eli looks great to me. A tall rangy very athletic offensive lineman who looks like he would be a tackle on the OL. He looks like he would have the quickness and athleticism to pass protect against those freaky defensive ends we saw against portland state and northern Arizona for example

TrueBengal said:

True Bengal, how did you come up with this? ISU has a number of kids that I know of that had multiple offers.

isubengalfan said:
TrueBengal said:

True Bengal, how did you come up with this? ISU has a number of kids that I know of that had multiple offers.

Please name them? Div-1 offers? I been tracking this since Kramer Era.,

TrueBengal said:
isubengalfan said:
TrueBengal said:

Please name them? Div-1 offers? I been tracking this since Kramer Era.,

The ones I know are Rasheed Williams, Jon Peoples, Chance Salutregui, Kody Graves, Hagen Graves, Brandon Monroe, Atoa Fox, Raemo Trevino, Brian Finnagafo, Skyler Phillips, Niko Taylor, Ty Flannigan, are the guys I can think of off the top of my head

Latest posts

Back