• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2023 Playoffs - 2nd Round: Sac State at South Dakota

Super Hornet 2.0 said:
I suppose our reward for beating South Dakota is either a trip to Bozo or a trip to Fargo? Since the opening round wasn't officially seeded, is there any chance at all the Wentzes come to Sac if they upset the Kitties, or will they go straight off of the Coaches Poll?

SH, they would go back and look at the hosting bids to determine home field if that scenario occurs.

BuckeyeHornetFan said:
stingthemgood said:
Going to do the math --

Eian Moore - Made starts at FS and SS last year - has missed the whole year - OUT
Caleb Nelson - Starting CB - last played at UCD - OUT
Jace O'Hara - Starter at NB - last played against NAU - OUT
Cam Broussard - Starter at FS - last played at UCD - OUT
Fata Poluka - Backup NB - last played at Stanford - OUT
Kylen Ross - Starter at SS - last played at UCD - OUT
Lamont Johnson-Burrell - Backup CB - last played against Cal Poly - OUT
Davion Ross - Backup Safety, 4 Career Starts at CB has not played since 2021 due to major knee injury - OUT
Kameron Rocha - Backup Safety - last played at Montana - OUT
Ashton Moultrie - Backup Safety - last played at Montana - OUT

That's far too many names...

Well, I don't see any of these guys listed:

Patrick Dean
Zelmar Vedder
Jason Oliver
Jalin Speed
Elias Mullican
Daizon Allen
DJ Houston
Kaleb Higgins
Anta'Veon McKenzie
Koa Akui
Xander Chisolm

Time for some of them to step up. I'm eager to see Elias Mullican and how he's developed so far.

Crazy how many DBs are out. A lot of the guys you listed played last week (Houston, Higgins, McKenzie for sure). As much as a blow it is to not have the more experienced players available, the front 6 defenders are going to be the key to slowing down USD. And even without those injuries, not sure who matches up with Galbreath. Pollard maybe?

Kadeezy said:
Super Hornet 2.0 said:
I suppose our reward for beating South Dakota is either a trip to Bozo or a trip to Fargo? Since the opening round wasn't officially seeded, is there any chance at all the Wentzes come to Sac if they upset the Kitties, or will they go straight off of the Coaches Poll?

SH, they would go back and look at the hosting bids to determine home field if that scenario occurs.

If we somehow pull off this upset and NDSU does as well, they better send us back to another dome in the Dakotas.

stingthemgood said:
I heard some promising news today about a player we weren't expecting to be available being able to play on Saturday.

Caleb Nelson find the taradol syringes? I hope! :lol:

Kadeezy said:
stingthemgood said:
I heard some promising news today about a player we weren't expecting to be available being able to play on Saturday.

Caleb Nelson find the taradol syringes? I hope! :lol:

I hope this isn't the case. They should introduce him to Andrea Kremer if this is happening....

(Kremer once did an award-winning report on the downsides of this drug.)

https://sactownsports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=7e9336cc-f7e2-4ab4-9e26-f5db43f87755&n=Stingers+Up+-+The+Sacramento+State+Football+Podcast+with+Jason+Ross&i=1593

Bug on the helmet again. It worked last week...

https://twitter.com/SacHornetsFB/status/1730273917624000821

Holding everywhere on South Dakota’s offensive line and skill positions. It’s one of those things where “if we do it every play, they won’t call it”

How do we consistently have the second string in there for every 3rd down this first quarter? That’s the dumbest thing

GreenArmySwarm said:
How do we consistently have the second string in there for every 3rd down this first quarter? That’s the dumbest thing

2&15 and Bobby Fresques called a crossing route that resulted in an interception. What are we doing here.

Offense put up a goose egg in the first.

Defense holding strong by can’t get off the field in the third. Consistently playing Juniel who’s at best is 5’9 against the other team’s big receiver is certainly a choice.

Officials aren’t going to call anything today. Have to adjust - we struggled last week to up our physicality in this circumstance.

GreenArmySwarm said:
Offense put up a goose egg in the first.

Defense holding strong by can’t get off the field in the third. Consistently playing Juniel who’s at best is 5’9 against the other team’s big receiver is certainly a choice.

Given our injuries Dillon is by far our best cover corner. Don’t know who else you want out there.

Latest posts

Back