• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2024 Basketball Portal

Deadline to enter the portal is the 1st -- then two weeks before it closes. Given the nature of things, I expect we'll find out what players we are getting later and later, as players will wait for the NIL money to dry up at bigger schools... then players will feel replaced and be late adds into the portal.

We seem to be playing it close to the vest as well... not hearing a lot from around the program right now. But I know they are working at it.

Wasn't the deadline to be eligible for the '24-'25 season May 1st? Or are there other portal deadlines that apply?

Not certain but I think if the coach leaves it may enable the current players to transfer even after the portal closes. May be a little more difficult for the international players to transfer, but not sure about that. Doubt anyone would have interest in Nunn, but Beatty would probably have a taker on his size and potential.

Apparently Powell is getting interest from Texas and Kansas... I don't see it myself

He's the kind of player that craves personal success, not necessarily team ball. He can't go to any of those schools and be the black hole with the ball he was here. Probably our most talented player, but when he peaced out towards the end of the year, the team got substantially better. That's telling.

He is talented, so someone was going to take a chance on him. Maybe another coach can get him to buy into team ball. There was probably more to the story at Sac. It's not likely that any fans will ever know the full story.

Back