• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2024 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

DavidKeys

So, we are playing AT University of Tennessee - Chattanooga on Saturday, September 28. We haven't published, BUT THEY HAVE. See link:
https://gomocs.com/sports/football/schedule/2024

We've already bought our plane tickets... Flying into Nashville, then making the 2 hour drive. Go VIKS!

It’s published now.

Saw it several days before on eGriz and figured they got faulty information. But here we are.

It’s definitely a change from the norm. I might have to pencil in that South Dakota game.

What has changed to go this direction?

So, here's the schedule, and I don't feel very good about our chances. 2 - 10? Starting the season 0 - 5.

Aug. 31 at Washington State LOSS
Sept. 7 at Weber State* probable LOSS
Sept. 14 South Dakota probable LOSS
Sept. 21 at Boise State LOSS
Sept. 28 at Chattanooga LOSS
Oct. 5 UC Davis* toss up
Oct. 12 at Idaho State* WIN
Oct. 19 Montana State* LOSS
Oct. 26 bye
Nov. 2 at Sacramento State* probable LOSS
Nov. 9 Idaho* LOSS
Nov. 16 at Montana* LOSS
Nov. 23 Northern Colorado* WIN

DavidKeys said:
So, here's the schedule, and I don't feel very good about our chances. 2 - 10? Starting the season 0 - 5.

Oct. 5 UC Davis* toss up
Oct. 26 bye
Nov. 9 Idaho* LOSS
Nov. 16 at Montana* LOSS

I'll hold off until I do my 1-9 rankings in the summer. But it is a tough slate with 7 teams that finished in the final FCS poll. Hoping that Chachere doesn't go AWOL in the spring. One thing we need to do is market the hell out of it. Let people know just what kind of teams we are playing this year. This will be one of the toughest all-DI schedules in the country. This is one that 6-5 could get you in the playoffs.

bigskyconf said:
DavidKeys said:

Oct. 5 UC Davis* toss up
Oct. 26 bye
Nov. 9 Idaho* LOSS
Nov. 16 at Montana* LOSS

I'll hold off until I do my 1-9 rankings in the summer. But it is a tough slate with 7 teams that finished in the final FCS poll. Hoping that Chachere doesn't go AWOL in the spring. One thing we need to do is market the hell out of it. Let people know just what kind of teams we are playing this year. This will be one of the toughest all-DI schedules in the country. This is one that 6-5 could get you in the playoffs.

In conference 2 and 6, likely; 3 and 5 possible; 4 and 4 unlikely.

I used the 2023 EOY Massey rankings to take a look at SOS for the 2024 season. PSU is on top for the toughest 2024 BSC schedule.

1. PSU
2. EWU
3. Cal Poly
4. ISU
5. UNC
6. MSU
7. Idaho
8. UCD
9. NAU
10. Montana
11. Weber St.
12. Sac St.

This ranking is only for conference games. If a team has a tougher schedule, they will have to rely on their OOC games to get to the playoffs.

Lindy's preview is out. Our opponents rank? Listed below.

Montana State #3
South Dakota #5
Montana #6
Chattanooga #12
Idaho #15
Sacramento State #17

6 ranked teams. 2 FBS programs. 3 teams not ranked. Going to be challenging, that is for sure.

Oct. 5 UC Davis* toss up
Oct. 26 bye
Nov. 9 Idaho* LOSS
Nov. 16 at Montana* LOSS

So here is my opinion on our chances in these games that are lined up this year. 1 is a definite loss to 10 is a definite win. 6-8 ranked teams depending on which poll you are looking at. 2 FBS schools. This should be fun.

at Washington State (3)---First game off the bat with a team that has a sour taste in their mouth after being left behind in the shuffle of the Pac-12 last year. We have escaped Pullman with a win before. One this season would create some momentum.

at Weber State (4.5)---Early conference matchup with two teams on the fringe of contending. Hard to say this is a must win this early, but whoever loses will have a tough rest of the season.

South Dakota (4)---Home opener and it is definitely not against a lower team. South Dakota is a solid top 5 team going into the season. This will be a tough game for us.

at Boise State (2)---We have played the Broncos tough before in Boise but this may be our toughest game in a very tough schedule. To get a win here would be pretty shocking.

at Chattanooga (3.5)---A tough game in a tough place to play. Chattanooga is near the point where Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee meet, and all three of those states love their football. A win would be surprising.

UC Davis (4.5)---Conference home opener and against one of the contenders in the conference. We will need to play well to keep it close and give us a chance.

at Idaho State (6)---Finally, this should be the first game we are favored in, even though it is on the road. But still, crazy things happen in that Pocatello barn. We will need to be ready.

Montana State (3.5)---Bobcats have not only conference champion aspirations, but national champion as well. Good team, good core, great coaching. This game will be tough.

at Sacramento State (4)---Two weeks to prepare for a Hornet team that may be down a bit this year. Still, that doesn't mean this will be a cakewalk. We will have to play well to have a chance.

Idaho (4.5)---At this point in the season, the morale of the team may make the difference between winning and losing. If we are feeling good of our performance so far, we could get this game. If not, oh boy.

at Montana (2.5)---This game does not look good, even if we are playing well. The Grizzlies will be tough this year and by this time, they will have had time to work out the chinks in their armor. Not to say that their place is also tough to play in.

Northern Colorado (5.5)---This is a game we should win handily, but what effect will the season take on us. If we are eager to get the year done, we could lose this gimme game.

I don’t see why we can’t beat Wazzu. Their best player is the punter. Jokes aside, I don’t think anyone is expecting us to do anything. Will be a great a game! #GoViks

Hey everyone... Eastern fan here that lives in Portland and follows PSU.

Since when do Eastern and Portland State not play one another? I thought this was an annual rivalry game that the Big Sky ensured happened every year? Given how bad Eastern has been the past few years, I imagine it would be beneficial for Portland State this season. I always liked it because it was a road game for Eastern that I could always attend.

What happened to that?

Hey everyone... Eastern fan here that lives in Portland and follows PSU.

Since when do Eastern and Portland State not play one another? I thought this was an annual rivalry game that the Big Sky ensured happened every year? Given how bad Eastern has been the past few years, I imagine it would be beneficial for Portland State this season. I always liked it because it was a road game for Eastern that I could always attend.

What happened to that?
I agree. Dam Cup Forever!!!

Each Big Sky school a few years ago picked their top 5 in order of who they wanted to play in the Big Sky. Both PSU and EWU didn’t pick each other in there top 3 unfortunately. (Due to hatred🤣)

They play each other in 2025 & 2026 I believe. The people want the Dam Cup! Scheduling just got weird & the Big Sky has become the elite FCS division.

I won't be posting much this season as my patience and enthusiasm have diminished almost to the point of no return. I did not renew my season tickets last year or this year, as I dutifully had done for the previous 28 years. I suppose I will occasionally catch a game online because I still love football, and there is a part of me that still wants to witness the competitiveness of decades of Viking football of previous decades.

BUT, I will no longer financially support a program's institution that is so content with mediocrity, or so afraid of rocking the boat, or so blind to the obvious, that they allow this losing culture to fester.

Highly rated recruiting classes and opportunities to draw attendance from a major urban environment both wasted by buying in to the "good guy" head coach and "wait till next year" approach in order to garnish what little support exists.

There isn't a team in the Big Sky that has consistently suffered a conference record over the last decade as this version of "Barney Ball" has plated up for us all.

Pull the friggin chord for goodness sake and bring in a hungry coach from DII, DIII, NAIA or NJCAA. Or even a damn H.S. coach.

We SHOULD win today. Defense needs to show up and impact the whole game. Zero pathetic attempts at tackling. Weber is going to abuse the run game. #GoViks!!!!!

Latest posts

Back