• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

4:05 pm Start Time

spudbowl

I know that this has been discussed here before, but does anybody know the reasoning for a 4:05 pm start time this year? As I look at the college games on Saturday, the majority of college afternoon games start at 1:00 to 1:30 pm with some at 2:00 pm (and certainly a few later). I just wonder what marketing study decided 4:05 pm was the best time for kickoff. Maybe it gives time for people to enjoy the beautiful Idaho outdoors in the fall and get back to go the game? I always preferred 6:05 pm kickoffs so I could go outdoors, even out of town and get back for an evening game. But evening games mean that ISU does not get much national press (but that seems silly to me because our recruiting base is not in the East).

I remember when games were held at 8 pm in the 70s and I believe the games were moved an hour earlier because the "throwing Idahoans of 1980 were playing 4 and 4.5 hour games. Those games were often sold out. Certainly the team was winning but that was also a time before ESPN when fans supported their home team regardless of division, etc. Today is a different game and in my mind ESPN and satellite TV has changed the game dramatically in favor of big national programs.

Yeah, I'd like to know why the 4:05 time was picked, too. Personally, I like the 6:00 or 6:30 start times.

Things may be different, and somebody let me know, but in the past, the only weekend dining option for on-campus students with a meal plan was in Garrison-Turner. Dinner hours were something like 5:00 to 7:00. This might sound minor to some, but there are a lot of students who don't have the extra funds to go and buy dinner that night. Putting the game at 4:00 makes them choose between getting their dinner or going to the game. Either that, or you aren't going to have a student in attendance from start to finish. Hard to build something with part time attendance.

Hopefully they can figure something out so the on-campus students can use their meal plan for a Saturday dinner AND go to the game.

There's actually an article in today's Idaho State Journal about getting those who live on campus to become part of "Kramer's Krazies..."

Students who live on campus are invited to join the club that’s named after the new head football coach. Participants will meet for the first time today on the southwest corner of the Holt Arena where a barbecue starts at 3 p.m. ahead of the ISU football team’s game against the Western State College.

4e6b1dbe8fbf5.image.jpg

Read more: Idaho State Journal: ISU Students Can Join Kramer's Krazies

Are you kidding me? Are we trying to stir up spirit and support for THE BENGALS or Kramer? Who paid to have a picture of Kramer put on those T Shirts? What a joke!

tigerblood said:
Are you kidding me? Are we trying to stir up spirit and support for THE BENGALS or Kramer? Who paid to have a picture of Kramer put on those T Shirts? What a joke!

Make some black ones up that you can wear. TEAM VENDETTA. :thumbdown:

You can't tell the disgruntled Zamberlin holdovers without a player program. Get yours today--they are on sale from the vendors in the bright orange caps. :ohno:

i love them!......i love the idea!....i love the BBQ before the game to get the students over to the Dome!....anything to start getting the students to pack their side and bring their energy!.....did i mention that i'm all for this?

[/quoteAre you kidding me? Are we trying to stir up spirit and support for THE BENGALS or Kramer? Who paid to have a picture of Kramer put on those T Shirts? What a joke!

I think that support for the Bengals would include the coach. Kramer is the voice of the football program and the leader. The idea was a group to support the football team that uses Coach Kramer,

[/quoteStudents who live on campus are invited to join the club that’s named after the new head football coach. Participants will meet for the first time today on the southwest corner of the Holt Arena where a barbecue starts at 3 p.m. ahead of the ISU football team’s game against the Western State College.

If this brings the kids to the football games more power to it.

Who paid for it, I don't know, but as a student I see a lot of wasted money on this campus, if this brings people to the games more power to marketing department. The students were not the only ones who could have a t-shirt, but everybody could. Did you get yours?

The team won a game hell if they win another one that will beat the last three years.

I, for one, am a big fan of the 3-4pm start time as opposed to a 1-2pm start. It gives me a chance to get things done before the game--hunting, kids soccer games, yard work, etc. The problem with a later start is that it makes for a late drive home for people travelling from out-of-town (and I expect a lot more of those as Kramer builds a winning program) and it makes it difficult for people with young kids who are used to going to bed earlier.

This is awesome! The athletic department working closely with other areas of the university is not something we would have seen even 5 years ago. All are obviously a step ahead of ol' sasquatch, and are creating a good experience for the teams and the students.

Nice job!

That late of a start will allow me to get a round of golf in before the Game!!! And since half the fans don't drink anyway no reason to worry about a late game having fans get out of control.

As for the shirts, I doubt it was a marketing dept idea. Haven't seen many of them around here for some time. Hope it is though. If ISU is going to turn the corner is won't just happen on the turf, it will also have to come from Marketing, Ticket Office, Fundraising, and Admin Support & Hard Work. All those things will be what will get the fans involved to the level it needs to be for our success.

I have to tell you, E5, I have never seen the entire athletic department as energized as it has been this season. There was a concerted effort from the top down to point to the Western States game as the rollout of the new era, from ticket promotions to social media to more traditional media. And the community responded with a very nice turnout, and the Bengals responded with a nice win. No doubt there is a lot more work to do (on the field and off), but I'm seeing a lot of energy around the program right now.

Great, hope it keeps up. It takes a village to raise a sports team. I agree with all the posters that things are looking better, just not sure why it took a few years...Guess JT needed time to grow :)

Tigerblood LET IT GO! All you have done and continue to do is disgrace your family member,friend,neighbor, former locker partner or whatever the relation is. Where is your support and happiness for the WIN? Or does that happiness only occur when a certain member of the team plays?

Latest posts

Back