• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

The PAC/MWC Dominoes Begin to Fall

That's what 75yrs of nothing will do to you.
What I read on other boards is where was all this support for Sac State for the past 10yrs?
Blame the school, blame the now energized city/state officials who did nothing.

Its like trying to lose 50lbs in two weeks to look good at the HS reunion.
Ain't gonna happen.

Where was this support 10 years ago? Are people that ignorant and blind?

First and foremost, Sac State didn’t have the President and AD they have now.
Two, there was no crazy conference re-alignment and NIL $#/t going on making any of this possible at the time.

We all knew when Mark Orr arrived there was a possibility something eventually could get done facility wise. But even that was slow going until Luke Wood arrived and started doing some things the former President refused to do.

Lastly, our flagship program of football didn’t start it’s current upward trend until just 5 years ago. The state of the program(s) 10 years ago, along with zero facility improvement announcements, wasn’t going to get them anywhere.

Gonzaga playing in G1C would draw from miles around though.
That's another wishful vapor. No official word from G1C that this is an option, only wishful thinking on our fan forum part.

Really, no G5 is going to play in the student union, maybe for N. Colorado or Idaho State its ok to put out the Walmart paper plates and lawn chairs, but PacX requires china and crystal. If nothing more than perception.

Plus Sac BBall fans are used to G1C, to attract 4-5,000 every game you are going to need an experience.

Last edited:
the former President refused to do.

Lastly, our flagship program of football didn’t start it’s current upward trend until just 5 years ago.
Refused and incapable are two different things. Screaming like a madman after announcements didnt move the needle.

Because we broke the piggy bank and invested in a real HC.

Wouldn't call that ignorant or blind. That's smart/calculated investing 101.

That's another wishful vapor. No official word from G1C that this is an option, only wishful thinking on our part.

Really, no G5 is going to play in the student union, maybe for N. Colorado or Idaho State its ok to put out the Walmart paper plates and lawn chairs, but PacX requires china and crystal. If nothing more than perception.

Plus Sac BBall fans are used to G1C, to attract 4-5,000 every game you are going to need an experience.

Maybe I'm a bit optimistic. Not ready to quit yet though, so staying positive.

UTEP is officially Mountain West 7. If Mountain West 8 is Tarleton they would
Have 9 football schools. Do they want 10 full time and 11 footballl? I’m not thinking so.

That means Pac-12 wise. They can grab Texas State and be done.

I think it might be over before we were seriously in it. We were in it in our minds, but no one else’s.
I'd go after Tx State before Tarleton. Name recognition if nothing else.
Tx State has San Antonio and Austin metros 30 miles in either direction and just topped 40,000 students for the first time.

Tx State is my other school, so either way one of my teams are moving up in the world.

UTEP is an armpit, or better El Paso is an armpit. You think Fresno is ugly.

Maybe I'm a bit optimistic. Not ready to quit yet though, so staying positive.
Why quit, that's what PacX is monitoring?

To see if this new found groundswell is legitimate, long term or just smoke and mirrors to catch the belle of the ball's attention.

I would agree, it would be humilitating to have 680 show up to a BBall game in the student union, or G1C.

Built facilities
DFW market/Texas
Winning Programs
I’ll be honest I didn’t do good homework, I did a simple google maps check of the football stadium and saw a smallish stadium with a track and scratched my head. I now see that is not the case. But as far as them having the DFW market seems like they can say we have that because they’re close by and assume if they make the jump people will
watch? They’re sitting 80 miles away can we pitch we get the entire Bay Area market as well then? But in reality just seems they’d be very far down the pecking order of Texas football to be watched behind the 12 other FBS football schools in Texas, 3 in the DFW to be able to claim they have that market.

I’ll be honest I didn’t do good homework, I did a simple google maps check of the football stadium and saw a smallish stadium with a track and scratched my head. I now see that is not the case. But as far as them having the DFW market seems like they can say we have that because they’re close by and assume if they make the jump people will
watch? They’re sitting 80 miles away can we pitch we get the entire Bay Area market as well then? But in reality just seems they’d be very far down the pecking order of Texas football to be watched behind the 12 other FBS football schools in Texas, 3 in the DFW to be able to claim they have that market.
The thing about that part of the country is football is huge. Moved to Oklahoma in the 90’s for a bit. Rented apartment next to a large stadium, I was like what college. They were like that is high school, about 10,000 at the time. They went down and played a Dallas area HS, like a 45,000 seat stadium. They are always full.

Refused and incapable are two different things. Screaming like a madman after announcements didnt move the needle.

Because we broke the piggy bank and invested in a real HC.

Wouldn't call that ignorant or blind. That's smart/calculated investing 101.

You missed the point entirely. The rival fans asking why this push didn’t happen 10 years are the ignorant and blind. And your “invested in a real HC” comment backs up what I said about the football program only coming to life 5 years ago.

Point of the original reply was that this current landscape didn’t exist 10 years ago. No committed president willing to do what was necessary. No committed AD. No winning flagship program. No widespread interest or averaging 15K fans per game (or whatever the actual number is). Also, no drastically changed landscape in college football allowing what’s been happening the past few years and now.

If all the above happened 10-15 years ago, this push would have happened 10-15 years ago.

It isn’t that hard to comprehend.

That's another wishful vapor. No official word from G1C that this is an option, only wishful thinking on our fan forum part.

Perhaps so, but unless you have inside info to the contrary — your comments are just as unfounded.

Isn’t it at least a possibility that discussions have been had between the Hornets braintrust and the KINGS? Just because it hasn’t been made public doesn’t mean that there hasn’t been discussions.

Hell, a lot of the stuff that recently went public was kept private for some time. So who knows what other possibilities have been explored and are possibly still on the table?

There is precedent of the Hornets playing games at G1C, so is it that much of a stretch to believe that the KINGS could be amenable to allowing more games to be played there until an actual events center could be built?

You say “wishful thinking” while the tables can easily be turned to say “wishful pessimism” on your part. Also, it is super easy to predict nothing to happen due to history of nothing ever happening. You’re not exactly going out on a limb.

Again, unless there’s been some sort of public announcement or acknowledgement that G1C is off the table — you are doing the same thing those on the other end of the wishful spectrum are doing,

Last edited:
Exactly right… all of the pieces have finally come together for us.

Honestly 10 yrs ago. They would have at max done some landscaping, paint and maybe a new billboard as a big deal. Lipstick on the pig.

This will be a new modern design. It might not be the largest. But it will make this other stadiums look like 1980’s designs

Enjoy this moment in Hornet Sports History.
We love football but this is bigger than football.
In 50 yrs they will be saying they need a new stadium! This old junk from 2026 era. 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back