• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

5 MAJOR IDAHO STATE QUESTIONS HEADED INTO FALL CAMP — OFFENSE

If Kramer cannot have a winning season this season than it is time to change it up with a new head coach. He has had 5 seasons now. Another bottom of the barrel season is not acceptable no matter what the excuses maybe. You cannot blame it on the players as Kramer recruited and signed these players.

up for the challenge said:
If Kramer cannot have a winning season this season than it is time to change it up with a new head coach. He has had 5 seasons now. Another bottom of the barrel season is not acceptable no matter what the excuses maybe. You cannot blame it on the players as Kramer recruited and signed these players.

Who is going to pay to buy out his contract after this season--when you call for his head? Do you have that covered?

Speaking of "paying," I'm told the athletic department is tightening the reins on its budget in anticipation of a significant drop in enrollment this fall, and the corresponding reduction in student fees. More busing to games, commercial flights instead of charters, etc.

"Happens all of the time during the season or at the end of the season BengalCub If a coach decides to leave or is fired. Coaches come and go, part of the business and they all know that if they cannot produce winning seasons. You have to win at this level especially after a few years of rebuilding a program. If not, than the interest drops with the students, fans, and alumni. How many more years do you give Kramer if he cannot produce winning seasons after 5 years of recruiting and rebuilding a program? He has not done to well at ISU other than one year when he had a great QB in Arias his senior year and we all know it."

Up are you going to pay out his contract, that was the question. And no it does not happen all the time at our level. The schools that make millions of their football programs do it, but schools at are level usually let the contracts run out because they don't have the money to pay two head coaches. That's why it was a surprise when they let Lewis go like they did, we had to pay both his and Zamberlin's contracts for awhile. Additionally, it was just as surprising when we let Zamberlin go, we had to pay both him and Kramer for a year. Very painful for a program running on a shoe string budget. That is why you don't see as many long term contracts in the FCS as you do in the BCS.

up for the challenge said:
Happens all of the time during the season or at the end of the season BengalCub If a coach decides to leave or is fired. Coaches come and go, part of the business and they all know that if they cannot produce winning seasons. You have to win at this level especially after a few years of rebuilding a program. If not, than the interest drops with the students, fans, and alumni. How many more years do you give Kramer if he cannot produce winning seasons after 5 years of recruiting and rebuilding a program? He has not done to well at ISU other than one year when he had a great QB in Arias his senior year and we all know it.

I give him the rest of his extension because I believe that is what he will get. I also understand that if major improvements are not made in the win/loss column that the Kramer era will most likely come to an end.

In the meantime, I hope he gets things turned around. At this point, I see a rookie OC and an unproven QB. How this season unfolds should serve as a barometer for 2017. Hopefully, a more focused and prolific run game will help. However, a mass change in philosophy rarely pays off early. I fully expect this team to struggle mightily in 2016. I was not inspired by the offense in the spring.

With all that said, I hope I am wrong and will gladly eat crow. I know I did it with Men's basketball this past season :)

I agree Cub, this will be a tough year. Tough schedule, young OC and QB, and young defense trying to find itself. Additionally, we did not expect much for at least five years after Kramer's hire because of the APR problem. We expected it would take five years to repair the team enough to compete.

To me a head coach certainly has a major impact on a program (well duh!) but off the top of my head doesn't ISU have something like only 10 winning seasons in the last 45 years or so?

There are larger issues in play that are also having a major impact on the program over and above who the head coach is.

ISU seems to be behind the eight-ball in those things and there isn't much they can do about them because of factors directly outside of their control. Brad, again if memory serves, has pointed them out in detail from time to time here.

My point being that ISU has factors working against it that other schools in the Big Sky do not. It's not a completely level playing field and you could bring back the ghost of Vince Lombardi or George Halas and the results might not be able to improve that much.

Not absolving a head coach whomever he is but there's also only so much he can do too.

PBP

Up:

Anything can happen but I think the odds of what you suggest actually taking place are pretty slim regardless of what happens on the field this year.

We'll see.

PBP

The only way to change a program from a losing program to a winning program is to start with the Head Coach. Zamberlin could not win and Kramer has shown he cannot win after 5 years of recruiting and signing players and hiring and firing coaches. If Kramer cannot have a winning season in 2016 it is best to let him go before the end of the season. He will understand like Zamberlin and it will give him time with his contract buy out to seek another coaching position like Zamberlin. If Kramer cannot have a winning season this season than what makes anyone believe he will win in 2017 other than the team maybe more experienced? Seniors will be moving on after this season ends and some players will be leaving the program so there goes some of the 2017 experience.

And another die hard Bengals fan has been brain washed on why we continue to lose games the last four out of five seasons or end up at the bottom of the barrel almost every season. Here is a Kramer media quote after the Weber State Game at the end of the season in 2015, "I knew the season was over after the return for a touchdown during the Portland State Game and that was a long time ago", "I knew we were In trouble than". You know what, Kramer was right. Wake up Bengals fans! Kramer cannot win games at ISU. He was lucky to beat North Dakota last season as Michael Sanders helped him out on that one.

Latest posts

Back