• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

#6 Weber State @ #24 Utah

My feelings are that we should not be reading too much into this. There probably are a few injuries and there will be more injuries as we go. Also, I'm sure that the competition for PT has been great.

I'm happy to be getting back to a more mormal season.

The Dan said:
Hmmm so Ethan Atagi, Devin Cooley, and Desmond Williams are hurt? Kris Jackson too maybe?

Desmond Williams has not recovered from his spring knee injury yet. Atagi appears to have a recent injury but I have not heard the severity.

oldrunner said:
My feelings are that we should not be reading too much into this. There probably are a few injuries and there will be more injuries as we go. Also, I'm sure that the competition for PT has been great.

I'm happy to be getting back to a more mormal season.

We gotta talk about something! The board has been dead and kickoff is in a week :stir:

Looks like Utah is favored by 27.5
Over/Under of 46.5
Projects to 42-14 or so

I don’t think they’ll get to 42 if our offense takes care of the ball. I’m curious to see how Barron looks. Hoping to see some real growth from the spring.

Anyone else a bit worried about the offensive line?

The Dan said:
And the kicking game..

I’m definitely worried about the kicking game. Lots of chip shots missed last year.

Honestly with this money game, I’m hoping for Weber State to keep it competitive but mainly to stay injury free and for the check to clear.

The Dan said:
Anyone else a bit worried about the offensive line?

Always worried about our offensive line when we play Utah. They always have one of the better defensive lines in the country.

The Dan said:
Over/Under of 46.5
Projects to 42-14 or so

Honestly a little surprised the line is that big. Not predicting a Wildcat win by any means but I think they can keep it within three touchdowns.

SWeberCat02 said:
The Dan said:
Over/Under of 46.5
Projects to 42-14 or so

Honestly a little surprised the line is that big. Not predicting a Wildcat win by any means but I think they can keep it within three touchdowns.

Last game against Utah ended 41-10 after Weber had been ahead 10-7. I suspect the Vegas line expects a similar game. I would take the points on this one, I do not think Weber's offense is going to be that competitive, and I think our defense will wear down as the game goes on. Utah will call off the dogs early and let it be a semi-respectable score.

Utah 38
Weber 13

Chex said:
The Dan said:
And the kicking game..

I’m definitely worried about the kicking game. Lots of chip shots missed last year.

Honestly with this money game, I’m hoping for Weber State to keep it competitive but mainly to stay injury free and for the check to clear.

:nod: WAG: Utes 44 - Wildcats 16 (agree with the spread...Whittingham says his team is deep & one of the most talented going in but we'll see, especially on offense---their achilles heal). :|

I am very surprised that Randal Grimes is not starting at one WR position and even more surprised that Jordan Allen (TE) didn't crack the two-deep roster. I hope that Meleke Tauteoli and George Barrera have made big strides from where they finished the Spring season. If not, it could be a long day of our QB running for his life.

My guess is Utah 42 Weber State 10.

I think the offensive line will have it’s hands full. Hope to see a lot of improvements in the offense this year. I am hoping for more of a focused scheme that gets the ball to the talented WRs and RBs.

Utah always has a good defense, so I don’t expect to see offense to put yards up or points in week 1.

The line has inflated to 32.5.

We had trouble keeping Barron upright vs average FCS d-line’s in the spring so I’m quite concerned about this one. I wonder if we’ll see Randall Johnson for a few series to give Utah a different look.

I'm loving This TD return and weather delay if nothing but for all the non-Weber fans talking about it on Twitter.

The Dan said:
2 of our 4 goalline plays are QB powers with a skinny freshman qb???? Cmon.

I'm curious why we didn't use Kris Jackson on that? I hope he's not still having issues.

Latest posts

Back