• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

A Lot of Work To Do

Skippy

With Scotty Tyler's departure, ISU's men's team is down to 9 scholarship players for 2014-15, which means the coaching staff has a lot of work to do in the spring signing period. Here's a look at the roster as it stands today:

PG--Incoming freshman Geno Luzcando is ticketed to move to PG after playing the wing position in high school. On film, he looks very talented, but you're not going to win a lot of games with a freshman who just converted from a small forward position as your primary ballhandler. The Bengals need at least one experienced (JC) PG.

SG--Plenty of talent here -- all-conference Chris Hansen returns, backed up by Evan Hall and Ben Wilson.

SF--Nnamdi Ezenwa and Justin Smith both return, but the Bengals could really use a proven point-producer at this position.

PF--Jeff Solarin is back, but there is no depth here. A JUCO big would be a great help.

C--Ajak Magot and Andre Slavik offer two entirely different styles of play at the post, and Slavik will also likely see some time at the PF position.

Overall: The Bengals need to bring in some scoring firepower, another experienced big man and at least one experienced point guard. The development of Justin Smith and Andre Slavik are going to be keys to next season. This is not an overly-talented roster as it stands right now, and the Bengals really need to gleen at least two significant contributors (and one must be a point guard) in the spring signing period.

I would expect Lawrence Fejokwu a 6-9 forward from Northwest College to sign with the Bengals. Nothing but a hunch here. Northwest College and ISU seem to have a connection.

Anxious to hear about the recruiting results for MBB. However, with each passing day it gets harder and harder to wait. Will we ever be able to arrive in the top five of the Big Sky? Building a program has to be much harder than maintaining a program. Coach Evans and his Staff are right for the job, but none of us fully appreciate how difficult it must be to recruit. It's always right to be a Bengal. Now we need recruits in suits who believe the same thing.

Who was the back up point guard last year? I remember only a few times that Sanchez was actually on the bench and i think Evan Hall handled the pg duties then. Any chance that Hall will be the starter?

lockanth said:
Who was the back up point guard last year? I remember only a few times that Sanchez was actually on the bench and i think Evan Hall handled the pg duties then. Any chance that Hall will be the starter?

There really was no "backup" PG last year. By the end of the season, Sanchez was playing 40 minutes a game. Hall could get some minutes at PG, but he's primarily a two-guard. They really need to bring in an experienced PG from the JUCO ranks.

Latest posts

Back