• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

A NEW THREAD (because I feel the last one isn't plausible)

BengalBannMan

I'll start it with an old post that I had. Most still applies... try not to yell at me, I'm just trying to be positive.

The thing is, we have to look at it in the long term perpective. Kramer grew a team from nothing. We had a great year last year and it got some attention. Now if we were to lose ONE more game then last year, those fence sitter just cry and win and point fingers. I've mentioned before that I haven't missed a home game in seven years. I like the idea of building a program, not just a winning team or season. You hear people cry about our 2 deep is all young and or freshmen.... duh! We're building long term now that we have had a good year to get some attention and allow us to recruit more. Last year was great. This year will be too. We may not go 8-3 or 7-4, but it is what it is. We will still get better and be stronger. Next year we will have a stronger defense (Tyson Manu, Mario Jenkins, and a few linemen will return) we will also have a quarterback with that much more experience to be throwing what will STILL be a great receiving core. But I'm not already looking onto next year, we will still have some fun football this year, win or lose. This is just the nature of the conference and division were in.(we don't get invites to bowl games.) Hell, BYU goes 6-6 and their fans love them the same as when they're 10-2. Stand behind our team, stand behind out community. Keep supporting those kids that work hard to "pay" for their school! They need our support MORE when they lose then when they win. I know that's hard, but it's true.
Think of those kids going into classes Monday morning as losers, I KNOW they get made fun of, (or have with so many losing seasons) it's hard on them to feel that way. When they go into class as hero's (every week last year) it's easier on them. They NEED our support MORE when they lose. College football is not, should not ONLY be a Saturday thing. When you are a college football fan, especially for a local college, it's part of our community lives. Stand by and love these kids!!! They give you something we all apparently care for a lot. (Sometimes too much.)
**when our kids, or grandkids do terribly in their sports (even if it's year after year) do we say "the hell with it, I'm not going to go support them anymore"?
THIS IS OUR COMMUNITY TEAM. GO BENGALS! ! !
GO BENGALS FOOTBALL, VOLLEYBALL, BASKETBALL ,SOFTBALL, TENNIS, GOLF!!! ETC ETC

I had no issue.with your post..Alabama has not won a national championship in two years and people were talking fire Nick Saban.. all it means is that expectitions are up at ISU as well. We'll be fine I think it's healthy to care and it seems a lot fans do.

Eric hollowell said:
I had no issue.with your post..Alabama has not won a national championship in two years and people were talking fire Nick Saban.. all it means is that expectitions are up at ISU as well. We'll be fine I think it's healthy to care and it seems a lot fans do.

We will be fine. We're just growing and it's gonna hurt at times. We have great young men on the team. Right now, we are looking like an episode of M*A*S*H* with helicopters dropping in the wounded every few hours. It won't always be like this. I believe in the direction this team is going from top to bottom, and I believe in the yoing men in the program. There is a vision of where we all want to be, and we are doing the things necessary to get there.

How long do we have to "grow"? It's been over 30 years. I'm not calling for Kramer's head because I don't think we can get better. I just question him throwing people under the bus constantly. You can lead with motivation or intimidation he likes the later. I also question our ability to get top level players to ISU.

bhumble said:
How long do we have to "grow"? It's been over 30 years. I'm not calling for Kramer's head because I don't think we can get better. I just question him throwing people under the bus constantly. You can lead with motivation or intimidation he likes the later. I also question our ability to get top level players to ISU.

Kramer is not having winning seasons at ISU because other teams have more talent. If you disagree, than it must be unavailability, scheduling, coaching, or recruiting.

up for the challenge said:
bhumble said:

Kramer is not having winning seasons at ISU because other teams have more talent. If you disagree, than it must be unavailability, scheduling, coaching, or recruiting.

Up...Could you please tell how APR issues in Kramer's first three years had an impact on the program? How did this compromise the number of players that could be recruited, the academic standards of future recruits, practice time, the talent of the recruits and the overall depth in the program? Now before you try to tell me that this is not relevant...I want you to breathe for a second and think real hard. Can you do that for me?

up for the challenge Posts: 774Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:48 am

I've been to every game. only Boise had more talent and even then it was not like blow you away talent. And the Schedule is what is!!! roll the ball out and lets play. for all that everyone writes it comes down to two things. turnovers and ST. ND turned the ball over 3 times and we win. last Saturday we turned the ball over four times and we lost. on ST we don't kick the ball off high enough to give the players time to get down field. most engagement does not happen until the 20 yard line. football for me is easy. run the football, win on 3rd down and don't turn the ball over you'll be in every game.

Mr. H,

Playing in a Dome--Idaho State should always have great punters and kickers. Historically, It has been hard fielding winning teams but it is not hard to find kickers, punters and long snappers at Idaho State. Not being good in these areas sticks in my craw.

bengalcub said:
Mr. H,

Playing in a Dome--Idaho State should always have great punters and kickers. Historically, It has been hard fielding winning teams but it is not hard to find kickers, punters and long snappers at Idaho State. Not being good in these areas sticks in my craw.

I agree with Bengalcub. I just do not understand why Kramer has not recruited and signed full scholarships to some great high school or JUCO punters, kickers, and long snappers. I guess Kramer does not like the kicking game or does not believe in giving scholarships to these type of skilled players

bengalcub said:
up for the challenge said:
bhumble said:

Up...Could you please tell how APR issues in Kramer's first three years had an impact on the program? How did this compromise the number of players that could be recruited, the academic standards of future recruits, practice time, the talent of the recruits and the overall depth in the program? Now before you try to tell me that this is not relevant...I want you to breathe for a second and think real hard. Can you do that for me?

It was relevant in 2011 & 2012 because of NCAA sanctions.

I just do not think Kramer has signed the talent necessary over the last four years to have winning seasons. We have talent but not the overall talent like most teams in the BSC. I do not think it is a coaching problem but some people will disagree.

The season is not over as we have three more games to play. I would like to see a win or two like every poster but the odds are against us.

No one can be more critical of ISU football than I. With that said Changing the head coach would be bad, that is what has hurt ISU. The worst thing that has happened to ISU is the head coaching change every 3-5 years. We need consistency. Maybe a change at O coordinator. As for talent ISU has the talent. We are have assembled a O line and Kramer has recruited kids that can play and compete that was obvious from last year Arias was a K recruit.

You can blame K for not having a replacement QB in place for this year and a lacking O but not for recruiting talent. As for a punter when you have 64 scholarships to work with you are going to try and use them for RB WR O and D line and QBs. If you have a player like Tommy Jewel a QB and punter or a CJ the role punt works just fine and can be a great weapon but you have to work really hard with special teams to make it work.

If we want ISU to win ISU needs support at the games season ticket holders better marketing and alum recruiting. We need stability with the football program changes to what we are doing yes but not the head coach. If you want to fire coach K just go ahead an have the student senate kill the football program.

5000 × $84.00 = 420,000 + concessions and parking.
We have an average of 5000+ seats available each game.
If you want the Bengals football to succeed, go to the games. Suggest to your coworkers and neighbors and family members to GO TO THE GAMES. Even if they are weak.
If you plant a seed and it grows into a little tiny weak sprout, do you say "look at that little weak thing! I'm not watering that little thing!" We have to keep watering it to get it to grow strong. IT WILL BEAR FRUIT!
Filling the Dome gets the program the money to eliminate a FBS game. It also gives the energy to the players to have the "Dome Field Advantage". Crowds help win football games.

BengalBannMan said:
Filling the Dome gets the program the money to eliminate a FBS game.

But will it? Has Tingey definitively stated that increased attendance will prompt him to drop an FBS game each season?

I agree with superfan that too many people are hard on Jeff with no good reason. He has done a lot of good, but there is still a lot of good to be done. I won't hold him up on a pedestal refusing to give criticism when it's needed. That's what drives us to continued improvement. Creating a schedule with 4 away games in a row, not to mention 5 of 6 away, is just plain asinine.

You have to schedule your team for success. Repeat, YOU HAVE TO SCHEDULE YOUR TEAM FOR SUCCESS.

Regarding the 2 annual FBS games, I heard the announcers on a recent coaches show towing the company line that it's a necessary evil. No, it's not. It doesn't have to be.

2.5%

2.5%

2.5%

Can ISU cut its budget 2.5% across the board?

If two FBS games account for 10% of the budget, then do what somebody on here suggested - play 3 FBS games over the course of 2 seasons. Cut the budget 2.5% each year to make up for that. If you start to win games and increase attendance, that 2.5% should be made back through increased ticket sales and donations.

Start thinking outside the box.

I guarantee you that other programs use ISU's schedule for negative recruiting. It's fine to play one FBS game a season, the players like it.

JJB. No, I don't mean to imply Jeff said he would drop a FBS game. I only mean to paint the picture that going to the games can only help. One thing about my post I would like to highlight is a good crowd cheering helps those kids feel good about what they are trying to do, and that more likely has a positive outcome on the game they are playing.
I do agree with the 2.5% notion you're mentioning.

'a good crowd cheering helps those kids feel good about what they are trying to do, and that more likely has a positive outcome on the game they are playing' -

please provide data to support your postion....

Spartan. Have you ever played a sport? Do you have kids of your own?
Providing data would be like providing data to prove that breathing is good for you. In what world is it that you live that positive reinforcement does not help?

so... you don't have any data to prove your point....

and you're just making up shit that sounds good and makes you 'feel' better....

why doesn't that surprise me.....?

Latest posts

Back