• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

And so it's game day

Skippy

Next step in demonstrating tangible improvement. Need a comfortable win over a good D-2 team. And continued good health. Go Bengals!

All Quiet on the Western Front. Looking for a good game, and expecting a good game. We need all of the above that you mentioned, Skippy. Go Bengals!

After a shaky series or two, Idaho State is dominating at half. Offense looks very sharp and d is gang tackling. Don't know how it will translate to Big Sky play, but you couldn't ask for a whole lot more right now. Here's hoping for a clean third quarter and a lot of backups in the fourth.

Win is a win.

I remember thinking midway through the third quarter that Idaho State was dominating the game and putting together a nice game to build on.

Then in happened and I am not sure what to think. I saw so many really good things. But the special teams execution still manages to cost ISU points and it seems to do it every week.

Other than that I was pretty happy with what I saw.

The jury is still out on this team, maybe ISU can get things together and play a complete game against Sac State for homecoming. If they can put together a solid 60 minutes, who knows what can happen.

ISU has now given up four special teams TDs in 3 games, blown two EPs, had two FGs blocked and has one of the worst net punting averages in the conference. They continually commit suicide by special teams, and were very fortunate to get out alive vs Chadron State.

Some observations:

ISU has some short CBs that could not cover taller WR's from Chadron State. This will be an issue in Big Sky play.

Chadron State's CBs did not turn around and look for the ball in the first half and early second half. It seems that their coverage improved as the game went on.

ISU's offensive line looked big and good.

ISU has a running game this year, thank goodness.

It was stressful trying to figure out if we were into the game, it felt like, considering all three games we weren't all in.
In that context I really feel like we control our own destiny. I think we have even ought tools in the shed to make some noise, just not sure why we don't show it every quarter.

I wasn't there, but it was 39-13 at the end of the third, right? Sounds like a trouncing through 3 quarters, with a collapse the fourth, presumably with many #2s on the field. I get being concerned about the Q4 letdown, but the doom and gloom seems ridiculous to me. Lots of reasons to remain optimistic. Go Bengals!

Chadron State is picked to finish second in the RMAC. The team picked to finish first in the RMAC, CSU-Pueblo, beat Northern Colorado last year and just beat FCS power and #15 ranked Sam Houston State this weekend, 47-21.

Agree with the last two posters - 3 quarters looked good. Work on what went wrong and move on.

Notabengalalum, what's your point? Sac State is a winnable game, so why don't you focus on what needs to be done to make that happen instead of throwing your team under the bus.

Sac State is a winnable game for the Bengals but we will need to play four solid quarters without many mistakes to win. This will be a tough nose game. A win here for the Bengals will build confidence throughout the season.

Did anyone notice that Chadron had receivers ranging from 6'6" to 6'3"; several of them? It had to be tough to cover those guys and their qb made plays. This was not a terrible team. We had breakdowns but they made plays with those receivers and that made it easier for them to run the ball. Ism concerned but not distraught.

We fell apart in the 4th quarter. No excuse to give up 21 points to a DII team in the 4th quarter and almost lose the game. I hope we are working hard with our special team play these next two weeks before the Sac State game.

It's interesting to visit these posts from a few weeks ago.. Where is bhumble? I would've thought he'd come back to recant his statements on Tingey and the football team at some point. Say what you will about our AD.. The one thing he HAS done, is produced some pretty nice RESULTS!

Latest posts

Back