• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Another one slips away

biobengal

Good job by the Bengal D....

Some costly turnovers and penalties sealed the deal. They are close... but not close enough. Hope for a good showing against EWU and a possible win against PSU.

yep, they are losing close games instead of being blown out each game. I am thinking that both PSU and Weber State are games that they could still win. I do think that the team is getting better (and I do think the league is really down this year with many mediocre teams).

biobengal said:
Good job by the Bengal D....

Ha... this from Kramer in the post game:

Defensively, I don't want to hear it was a great job by us defensively.

Whatever... ISU isn't getting blown off the field, the defense is giving them opportunities and ISU even held SUU below their season average PPG.

What the hell is Kramer talking about? It's the best they have played and the least amount of points they have given up isn't it?

I think Mike's point (and I'm not saying he is right or wrong) is that in his opinion So. Utah had one player and only one player offensively who could hurt them and they couldn't stop him at all during the game.

From his perspective I can see where he'd think this was not a good performance by the defense.

PBP

If they had just one great player, wouldn't their offensive coach call plays where as a team they help that player excel? That is what most teams do. It's a team effort. If they wanted to stop him then they have to dismantle some part of the play, not just key on him. Sounds like I am disagreeing with myself, but I find it hard to believe that you lose by just one player. I think your statement is probably correct. EWU will be a very strong team to hold down. I don't see a win coming there, so if Kramer was disappointed in his defense last week, he will be more this coming week. He better have his offense firing on all cylinders.

It is probably best to take the two wins over the DII teams and the one win over NCU and call it a season. Coach Kramer is now putting his energy toward recruiting and signing some talented junior college players that know how to win games.

Up:

Honestly I believe they win one more game this year at least. They are certainly capable of beating Portland State, Weber State or both.

PBP

PBP:

Portland State has too much talent. Portland State will roll into Holt Arena with a two game winning streak compared to our three game losing streak.

It will be tough winning at Weber State but possible.

I LOVE the name of this thread...I mean...last year it was:

70 points again??????

Anybody who doesn't see improvement doesn't know the game...

VOTB is right. There has been improvement in the team this season. The special teams are playing much better and the defense is playing a lot better compared to last season. I do not know about the offense playing that much better other than the Bengals have showed signs of a running game this season with Finney and Prior. Coach Kramer is doing his best coaching this team and he will do his best preparing his team for the upcoming games. Good luck with the upcoming games and good luck with the recruiting. All we need is one or two great skilled position type of players from a junior college and we will start winning games in 2014.

Is anyone else sick of uftc constantly talking about bringing in juco recruits. We brought in 5 jc recruits this year and only 2 are even listed on our 2 deeps. We have 3 true freshmen that are making a bigger impact than any of our jc recruits (Phillips, Vazorka, and Hansen). JC isn't necessarily the answer. I'd rather build for the future with these young kids. We are improving, and that is enough for me right now.

I hope isu looks at the RB at Highland he broke Merril Hoges high school records for yards in a season. There is some good local talent and hopefully isu can get some.

I really hope that ISU goes after Meridian HS QB Bryson Stout, who's OLB Hayden's brother. And I think that Bryson is just as good, or better, than Hayden is. Bryson can do everything and play a variety of positions. At a game at Meridian that I witnessed a little over a week ago, Bryson led Meridian to over 20 4th quarter points to come from behind to defeat Vallivue. Although I'm not really sure exactly which Treasure Valley athletes that ISU will end up with, I'm sure there's at least a few in the area who will be Bengals. A lot of these guys think they'll be offered by BSU or another 1-A school, but when they realize that it's not going to happen then they'll end up in our lap.

Maybe, we should consider having our quarterbacks, receivers, and db's practice outside when we know we have a scheduled away game that will be played outside. Practicing inside Holt Arena all week does not prepare us for away games that are played outside as Holt Arena has perfect lighting and climate. It is a little different when you have to throw and catch the ball in the wind, cold, and the sun in your eyes. Just saying...

up for the challenge said:
Maybe, we should consider having our quarterbacks, receivers, and db's practice outside when we know we have a scheduled away game that will be played outside. Practicing inside Holt Arena all week does not prepare us for away games that are played outside as Holt Arena has perfect lighting and climate. It is a little different when you have to throw and catch the ball in the wind, cold, and the sun in your eyes. Just saying...

Most collage football teams have a indoor practice facility and practice indoors. I don't think that in or out is a big deal. The issue Saturday play calling and the defensive backs are honorably. I don't know if they pay attention when running per-suite drills but you could tell ISU sucks at per-suite angles. Also the D play calling was not helping the d ends and out side line backers were crashing the whole game and the SUU QB and RB ran around them. If the D would have boxed the outside it would have force the run back inside for gang tackling.

Latest posts

Back