• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Any news on ISU football during the summer ??

clawsout

....Anyone know if there are any "incoming" players here taking summer classes?...any surprises?...maybe someone we haven't heard about?...or any players from last year here working out together?....the board is dead with no football news......someone toss out some news, rumors...let's start stirring the pot.......when does fall practice start?...early august i think.....

Colby Pearson from Blackfoot, maybe? This may bolster the receiving corps if it is true
Not saying it is or isn't :)...

Jon Ryheem Peoples from Rigby, 6'5" 330 lbs DT is leaving BYU in an official release from the school. Never was sold on the kid for that level of play. I do believe he could be a solid contributor at ISU or in the Big Sky. He is the son of former ISU tailback Jon Peoples.

Peoples would be a huge (in more ways than one) addition to the defensive front. Don't know what kind of shape he's in but he's got a lot of athletic ability. He was the staring center on Rigby's state championship basketball team.
Can't find any confirmation he is leaving BYU, however.

PS: Now I have:

http://lawlessrepublic.com/2014/06/11/byu-football-dl-jonryheem-peoples-transferring/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The big question with Peoples is apparently getting and staying in shape.

I spoke to a player and I was told that two JC transfers are here working out this summer. One is a corner and the other is a safety. The player told me they both have a lot of talent and will add much needed depth to the secondary. One will most likely start along side golden at the other corner.

This isn't necessarily ISU news but it will definately help ISU. Weber State has 19 players that have left the team this spring. Many were starters this includes their starting quarterback. Makes me wonder if Weber will even win a game this year in conference.

Maybe some of these players were kids that were going on missions. I do know that former Highland HS Shelton Robinson has left the team and he had a year left. Plus they're not settled on a QB after their starting QB left. If there's any year that we could beat Weber then it would be this year. But then again when we're good enough, then we'll start beating some of these league teams.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/58058789-65/peoples-mendenhall-byu-says.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tuffgong said:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/58058789-65/peoples-mendenhall-byu-says.html.csp
I like the "no hard feelings" comment about the Utes. "If they offered I'd probably accept."

Bengalfanatic2014 said:
I spoke to a player and I was told that two JC transfers are here working out this summer. One is a corner and the other is a safety. The player told me they both have a lot of talent and will add much needed depth to the secondary. One will most likely start along side golden at the other corner.

I've seen some news online which indicate defensive back Khary Coleman (College of the Sequoias) has signed with ISU, including the following:

A trio of Giants from the Fresno area also signed scholarship agreements to continue their education and play football in the fall. Gary Robinson, a defensive back from Central will attend Cal Poly. Khary Coleman, a defensive back from Clovis East, will attend Idaho State. Mason Ruiz, a defensive lineman from San Joaquin Memorial, will attend the University of South Dakota.

Read more: Visalia Times-Delta: COS Sports Notes: Football Players Moving On

I've seen him listed as "Khary Coleman" and "Khary Livingston-Coleman..."

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/588273/khary-livingston-coleman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tuffgong said:
JonRyheem Peoples will be a ISU Bengal. That will definitely help.

Only if he comes back in decent shape and a competitive frame of mind. Neither is a given, in my view.

Latest posts

Back