• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Athletic Facilities

Last requirement of the 5 requirements is 15,000+ for each of the rest of the home games.
FUCD should be doable, but the others?
Homecoming should have no problem clearing 15k. They are also doing giveaways at all the non-Causeway games to encourage attendance. Regardless of how many make it through the gate, I trust the admin will be wise and cook the books to make sure, on paper, that 15k come through the gate.

Why not talk to the other 98% who want it? Who would complain, the area is zoned as industrial/commercial around the stadium. Residential area North around J Street wouldnt be effected, or not anymore as 30,000 students attending daily classes.

Glad they gave early exclusive renderings to CBS and not KCRA.
Highway 50 has been one big construction zone for the past 2 years from Bradshaw through West Sac. Anyone heading to downtown, midtown, and east Sac for work has the pleasure of sitting in brutal traffic everyday. Complaining about a project that will generate even more congestion on 50 is easy clickbait for the media.

Not likely. There’s just not enough cachet with the incoming opponents, even when this team is really winning. UCD is likely the only exception.

In the past 2 seasons Hornet home games have more or less averaged “around” 12K.

The instances of eclipsing 15K were against Montana, Montana State, Idaho and UCD (which was over 23K). So only 4 of 12 home games. Even the home playoff games against Richmond and IW didn’t come close to 15K.

Part of that was weather (for at least one game) and another is unfamiliarity with the FCS opponents.

Color me silly, but the turnout for the likes of Cal, Stanford, ASU (yes, I know they aren’t Pac12 anymore) would be drastically higher than for Richmond, Incarnate Word, and the vast majority of the Big Sky. Familiarity matters. A lot.
You have to go back to the '21 season to find a regular season home game that didn't clear 10k. I've heard that historically we report actual attendance and not tickets sold. Hopefully the department has wised up and is reporting tickets sold.

Our attendance at the FBS level in a conference with regional opponents will crush our FCS attendance numbers against schools the casual fan has never heard of. Any arguments using our FCS attendance as a reason to be "unworthy" of an FBS invite are not based on comparable situations.

I messaged her privately and asked What are you doing?

Your comments are suggesting and encouraging the community to complain about traffic etc?

She said they had some people voice concerns?

People complaining about traffic is beyond nauseating.

You live in a metro area of 2.5M, people! Furthermore, with regard to those near the Sac State campus, you live near the heart of that 2.5M metro area. There’s always going to be traffic! Get over it!

If you want nothing around your community with nowhere to go and nothing to do — go live in a rural area nowhere near a medium or large-sized city!

For those that recognize the benefits of more attractions and things to do, but looking to avoid the extra traffic — there’s this transportation option in place called light rail. Students can use it from University and 65th streets to get to downtown and back and so can fans via the gold or blue lines.

And anyone along the HWY50 corridor can use it to get to Hornet Stadium.

Time to stop complaining and start utilizing public transportation like most every major city on the east coast already does. If people start using it more often, they’ll have the money to upgrade, expand, and improve upon it.

Fwiw, I typically like Dapper. But she’s going in the wrong direction on this.

So here is where I’m struggling with field surface. Rugby needs a grass surface. Bottom line. But, if the Stadium is truly going to be used by both Rugby teams, both Soccer teams and Football, there is no way it can be grass because they would all be using it in the fall. No teams would be able to practice on it. And we would need at least a year to grow a grass surface that could even potentially hold up to all of our teams, let alone having a major tenant using it as well.

The rugby team does not have a path to being a varsity sport, so its inclusion in the stadium plan is still puzzling to me. If it is a turf stadium, they’ll be gone after a year because no one will want to play them on it.

People complaining about traffic is beyond nauseating.

You live in a metro area of 2.5M, people! Furthermore, with regard to those near the Sac State campus, you live near the heart of that 2.5M metro area. There’s always going to be traffic! Get over it!

If you want nothing around your community with nowhere to go and nothing to do — go live in a rural area nowhere near a medium or large-sized city!

For those that recognize the benefits of more attractions and things to do, but looking to avoid the extra traffic — there’s this transportation option in place called light rail. Students can use it from University and 65th streets to get to downtown and back and so can fans via the gold or blue lines.

And anyone along the HWY50 corridor can use it to get to Hornet Stadium.

Time to stop complaining and start utilizing public transportation like most every major city on the east coast already does. If people start using it more often, they’ll have the money to upgrade, expand, and improve upon it.

Fwiw, I typically like Dapper. But she’s going in the wrong direction on this.
You guys should message her. I was disappointed. She’s usually supportive but in her interview with Orr she was challenging him mostly about funds, money, budgets, etc.

If I were ORR next time she wanted an interview she would be last called upon,

Maybe she’s pissed because CBS got stadium drawingS first?

You have to go back to the '21 season to find a regular season home game that didn't clear 10k. I've heard that historically we report actual attendance and not tickets sold. Hopefully the department has wised up and is reporting tickets sold.

Our attendance at the FBS level in a conference with regional opponents will crush our FCS attendance numbers against schools the casual fan has never heard of. Any arguments using our FCS attendance as a reason to be "unworthy" of an FBS invite are not based on comparable situations.
I’ve been going back & forth w some Fresno st fans.
He feels that both sjsu & Reno won’t want us in MWC because they don’t want more competition for athletes in area.
Fresno st thinks we haven’t proven ourselves good enough in FB to deserve chance in PAC.
Those are our roadblocks is what he’s divulged. He’s a bit jealous too big city $$ saying we are being arrogant.
I said not at all. Excited because we’ve waited so F’ing long for this day getting a new FB stadium.
Now we want FBs because we want recreational games & rivalries w FSU / Reno / SJSU because they are travel local areas for fun tailgates etc.

You guys should message her. I was disappointed. She’s usually supportive but in her interview with Orr she was challenging him mostly about funds, money, budgets, etc.

If I were ORR next time she wanted an interview she would be last called upon,

Maybe she’s pissed because CBS got stadium drawingS first?

Yesterday I saw Mark Orr's sit down with ABC10 reporter Devin Trubey, and thought she did a really nice job. Very professional and lots of good questions. I didn't sense an agenda at all.

I’ve been going back & forth w some Fresno st fans.

He feels that both sjsu & Reno won’t want us in MWC because they don’t want more competition for athletes in area.

Fresno st thinks we haven’t proven ourselves good enough in FB to deserve chance in PAC.

Those are our roadblocks is what he’s divulged.

Fortunately nothing these dolts think or say matter in the least. They aren't part of the process and have zero influence or say on anything.

I guarantee he has zero clue what actual roadblocks exists or what PAC-12 members have shared with the Hornets president/administration -- if anything at all.

Weren't some speculating just a few days ago that the Hornets men's and women's basketball programs playing conference games at Golden One Center was a pipe dream and wishful thinking (just prior to the offer to use G1C being announced)?

Nobody outside of the university and conference leadership teams know a damn thing. Like everyone else, they are relying upon inside news to eventually drop.

Latest posts

Back