• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Anymore Football Recruits Sign? More Idaho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOBIGORANGE

Does anyone have anymore info re: recruits? I thought more info was coming out a couple days after signing day. Any RB's or LB's on the horizon? I was pretty disappointed in the number of Idaho kids they signed!!! I just can't believe they can't find anymore Idaho players out there. I'm sure everyone is getting sick of my campaign to recruit locally but it would really help the program, IMO. Attitude and fan base!!!
Pick up Montana's roster and count the Montana kids on that thing!!!Winning program year in and year out!!! I just do not believe Montana raises better football players than Idaho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those Idaho players are out there ....ISU's recruiting staff needs to find them!!!!

I know Idaho State offered Goody (Weber), Morris (Weber), and Higham (BYU-walk-on). You can't hold a gun to their heads and force them to sign locally.

I'd rather have people cheer the team on in general than certain athletes just because they're from here...

On those players who left, well, see ya. Besides, what's the point of recruiting locally when many of those kids are going to go on missions? No knock on the church, but we've got a program to build and resurrect from Dick Bowen's neglect. We can't afford to wait for kids on missions.

You can flame me all you want for that last one, I don't care.

I understand every player that was offered will not sign with ISU. I would like to know who from Idaho was offered a full ride scholarship (not half or walk on spot). Superfan, I would like to have the fan base cheer in general also...but you of all people should realize our fan base stinks. More Idaho players would bring more fans and I am not saying give a scholly to just any kid from Idaho but I still think there are those few that fit the criteria to play Div I AA football that live in Idaho. The recruiting staff needs to start early in those kids high school careers and find them. I would also like to know which Idaho players on our current roster are on full ride athletic scholarships. This is Idaho tax payers money remember guys! Maybe that is a question FRANK can answer.

One thing that's good to remember is that with the help of Century's coach, ISU will have almost all Idaho high school teams in their summer camp again this year. Last year was the first time that ever happened, and it's apparently on-track again this year.

Idaho State signed five kids from Idaho -- BSU and Idaho signed four total, and two of them were transplants from the Netherlands. As noted earlier, the Bengals also offered the two kids who are going to Weber, and Higham, who chose a walk-on offer from BYU. I'd say the Bengals are doing a pretty good job working the state.

BTW, there is no evidence whatsoever to support the notion that "more fans would support" Idaho State if the Bengals had more Idaho players. I'd love to see two correlation studies on ISU football attendance: number of Idaho players on the roster; and number of wins in that season and the season immediately previous. I'd be willing to bet there's be no correlation at all to number of Idaho players on the roster; and a huge correlation to winning percentage.

Quick question: how many Idaho kids were on the roster last season? I bet nobody can answer that question without going to the roster.

So what good did the football camp do to help land Idaho players? How did Century's coach help out? Does the money received from the camp go to ISU Football or the coaches putting the camp on? Maybe that is a question for FRANK again.

Obviously, bringing as many Idaho high school players on campus as possible is a positive thing in working toward what you say you want ISU to do -- recruit more Idaho kids. You get a chance to see the kids compete in person, build relationships and get them on campus. It doesn't guarantee you'll sign a dozen Idaho kids every year, but it's a very positive thing.

And what is the relevance of where the money goes? I think all coaches get supplemental income from the summer camps they run.

The relevance of the question is....ISU is in trouble financially.....How many kids attend? 100..500...1000? How much is camp $100...$200...$300? $100 x 1,000 = $100,000...$200 x 1,000 = $200,000...$300 x 1,000 = $300,000. Are the coaches including Century's coach sharing the money or is ISU Football (that is financially strapped) getting the money. FRANK, do you have any answers?

You think Idaho has better athletes than California and Washington (the top two states we have signees from)?? In my opinion we need to find the best talent out there and not worry about where the kid is from.

Yes I do believe that Idaho does have SOME athletes that are as good as Cali & Wash. Do you really think we get the top athletes from those two states at ISU? We get the bottom of the barrel.

No disrespect to anyone that believes that Idaho State should recruit more in state kids--but the argument is old.

If you think about it any coaching staff in its right mind would want to have as many instate kids as possible. Imagine how much money they would save if they just recruited the state of Idaho and had 50-60 instate kids. The reality is--it just won't work.

Fans want winners--they don't care where they come from. I am satisfied with the way Coach Z and his crew have recruited the state during its first three classes. Winning a few more games and having a stable program will bring more of the best Idaho kids to the Bengals in the future.

With all due respect Coach Z has not done any better recruiting Idaho than the previous coaching staff. Who said 50 to 60 kids....how about landing 10! And to reply re: Wash & Cali ...if my memory serves me I do believe we have an Idaho QB heading to Stanford! We all want to win....Once again look at Montana!

I'll ask the same question I ask every year when someone uses Montana to justify recruiting Idaho kids. How many Montana kids left Montana to play football this year. You want the difference, it is called loyalty to the State. Montana kids are, Idaho kids are not. Morris and Goody to Weber, ISU's rival. Do you really think a Montana kid would go to ISU or Portland. Best I can find, 8 Idaho kids left the state to play, three to Weber. No self respecting Montanan would ever do that. The difference Montana kids stay home, they walk-on and accept partial offers; they play in state because they are loyal to their state. If they don't play for MSU or Montana, they play for Western or Carrol. Hell half the kids in southeast Idaho wish they lived in Utah.

Make that 4 to Weber, 1 to EWU, 5 to ISU as previously stated, 1 to Cornell, 1 to BYU (who was offered) 2 to U of I, 3 to BSU, and 3 to PAC 10 schools... WE OFFERED EVERY SINGLE ONE, EXCEPT THE KID GOING TO EWU... That is 18 kids offered... That is a helluva lot... We are doing GREAT in IDAHO. 18-24 kids a year going D1 is more than Montana puts out, and we are doing great for our population numbers... I get tired of this argument too.. I know 2 kids that will be seniors in HS next year from Poky schools that have already been offered by ISU.. One from Highland, and one from Poky...

GOBIGORANGE said:
Yes I do believe that Idaho does have SOME athletes that are as good as Cali & Wash. Do you really think we get the top athletes from those two states at ISU? We get the bottom of the barrel.

Okay, I was content to just read this topic until your absolutely ignorant and incorrect statement above.

I am not as familiar with the California guys, but you think the Washington players are "bottom of the barrel" huh? Have you looked at their records and accomplishments? Apparently not.

Tuiasosopo Niusulu
Defensive Line
6-0 * 255 * Fr * HS
Lakewood, WA
Lakes HS
HS ... Lettered in football for four years and track for three years at Lakes High School ... was named First Team All-State by the Associated Press as a senior ... was also named conference Defensive Lineman of the Year ... was named First Team All-Conference as both an offensive lineman and a defensive lineman ... named to the East/West All-State Game ... was team captain ...was an Old Spice Player of the Year Nominee ... helped Lakes to four straight playoff appearances including a trip to the state semifinals as a senior ... Lakes went 43-5 over his four seasons ... Personal ... his parents are Solovaa and Violet Niusulu ... will major in sports medicine ... is related to Marques Tuiasosopo, a quarterback for the Oakland Raiders (cousin), Zach Tuiasosopo, a running back for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (cousin), Matt Tuiasosopo, a third baseman for the Seattle Mariners (cousin), Matt Toeaina, a defensive lineman for the Chicago Bears (cousin), Manu Tuiasosopo, former defensive lineman for the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers (uncle) and Mike Tuiasosopo, a coach with the Arizona Wildcats (uncle).

Jake Pele
Defensive Line
6-2 * 210 * Fr * HS
Algona, WA
Auburn-Riverside HS
HS ... Lettered for three years in football, two in wrestling and one in basketball at Auburn-Riverside High School ... was a two-time, two-way selection as First Team All-League, once as a linebacker/tight end and once as a linebacker/running back ... was team MVP and a team captain ... was named to the East/West All-Star Game, and also earned the team's Coaches Award ... helped Auburn-Riverside to a pair of state playoff appearances ... also qualified for state in wrestling as a junior in the 215 pound division ... was a four-year scholar-athlete ... Personal ... his parents are Doug Pele and Victory Ayers ... will major in criminal justice.

Rob Tramonte
Defensive Line
6-1 * 245 * Fr * HS
Sammamish, WA
Skyline HS
HS ... Lettered in football for three years at Skyline High School ... was named First Team All-Conference at both offensive line and defensive line as a senior, and was named a "Star Player" by the Seattle Times ... was also named All-Area by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer ... was named First Team All-State on the defensive line ... was a team captain and a nominee for the East/West All-State Game ... helped Skyline to state titles in his junior and senior seasons as they went undefeated back-to-back years ... as a senior his team finished ranked #6 in USA Today after finishing eighth his junior season ... his junior state title was at the 3A level, and then Skyline moved up to 4A, and again went undefeated and won another state title ... Personal ... his father is Marc Tramonte ... wants to major in graphic design.

Yeah, bottom of the barrel. What a stupid remark. You should be happy that ISU can attract this caliber of player who want to make an impact on a losing program rather than base their decisions on anything else.

actually Pele is 245, tramonte is 245 tui is 245 as well... and they're all all-state caliber.. I can't wait to see what those 2 come out to be.

A has far better talent, check they're recent classes!!! From 07 and even to 2010! They have talent already being offered! Does Idaho have one 2010 prospect offer? or a 2011 which WA does!!

and we are lucky to have signed these young men from WA.. Sorry but tigerpaws is right.. apparently you haven't read their accomplishments

I'm quite sure ISU's coaches share in the camp money -- afterall, THEY conduct the camp. I have no idea if the Century coach gets any of the money -- but if he is working to organize the camp, I have no problem with him sharing in the money. Camp money is a highly accepted way of subsidizing coaches salaries. If the coaches didnt' get the camp money, the university would have to find other ways to compensate them so they can pay them competitive salaries. I'd be willing to bet every coaching staff in the Big Sky gets supplemental income from camps -- and usually, it's assistant coaches, whose salaries are very low, who benefit the most from this supplemental income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back