• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Anymore Football Recruits Sign? More Idaho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm sick of you not reading what I'm saying. Did I mention ISU specifically in that post just recently? Nope.

Idaho kids are not loyal to the STATE of IDAHO. NOT Idaho State, the STATE of IDAHO. Comprende, amigo? Montana kids are far more loyal to the STATE of MONTANA. It's not a university thing, it's a STATE thing.

And ISU has more Idaho players than BSU or Idaho University, so why are you bitching?

And here's my last statement, and you had best read it, boy: *Down here*VVVV

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT F**KING STATE WE RECRUIT IN!!! WE HAVE TO GET THE BEST TALENT WHEREVER IT IS!!! ISU CANNOT AFFORD TO RECRUIT IDAHO TO PLACATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!! NOR SHOULD ISU WASTE TIME ON KIDS GOING ON MISSIONS!!!! IF ISU WASN'T IN THE MESS IT IS IN RIGHT NOW, WE COULD AFFORD TO RECRUIT KIDS GOING ON MISSIONS. BUT AT THIS CRITICAL TIME, IDAHO STATE CANNOT WAIT 2 YEARS FOR ANY KID!!! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SURVIVAL OF ISU FOOTBALL HERE!

Not all players in Idaho are LDS and go on missions...It's probably a very low percentage. I'm not interested in Idaho or Boise...I'm ALL ORANGE! Now do we have anymore players (from any state )that may sign with us?

I do not have any information--he did trip last week. I do not think he has made a commitment.

I doubt Idaho State is getting either.

If they do not commit on the current visit--they are most likely weighing other options.

Frieson made a verbal commitment then stiffed the Bengals. He could still end up signing with ISU, but it is obvious that Idaho State is a back up plan.-an

If Porter has not committed and I am not saying he DID NOT--then he may be in the process of exploring other options. A good number of JC kids wait until after spring football to decide. Spring ball is an evaluation period for kids in a program to see where they fit for the future. If a kid feels like he has a chance to earn the number one spot in spring ball and they do not--they may choose to leave. Coaches also encourage kids to leave after evaluation in the spring if they do not see them as athletes that fit into the program or have the potential to contribute. There are a number of combines that unsigned JC kids can go to between now and the spring that give them exposure to teams looking to fill specific needs. Kids that commit late (I am not sure of the exact date) are not bound by commitments from what I understand. So, you may find a stud and he may say he is coming to play for you, but he fair game for anyone. That is the reason why you don't see some of these kids on the roster until fall ball--schools try to slip them under the radar.

I am sure that ISU is looking at others as well, but remember if they trip them--they want em'. The longer the process goes, the less likely they are to get the players that they covet. If they do not get one soon--they will be looking at late qualifiers. These kids can be studs, but they come with academic risks.

Cub....Did you hear if Jordan Scott did visit ISU...and if so....how did the visit go? Did Friesen or Porter sign yet...and with who? Does anyone know if Coach Z and crew are out recruiting the State of Idaho now or can they with NCAA regulations? Who are they looking at for next years recruiting class?Frank...can ISU say who in Idaho they are looking at? It would really help with the PR if fans knew they were out and about in the State of Idaho early. It was heavily published that Taysom Hill was going to Stanford as a junior.

GOBIGORANGE said:
Cub....Did you hear if Jordan Scott did visit ISU...and if so....how did the visit go? Did Friesen or Porter sign yet...and with who? Does anyone know if Coach Z and crew are out recruiting the State of Idaho now or can they with NCAA regulations? Who are they lo coking at for next years recruiting class?Frank...can ISU say who in Idaho they are looking at? It would really help with the PR if fans knew they were out and about in the State of Idaho early. It was heavily published that Taysom Hill was going to Stanford as a junior.

Gobig...
Coaches can not under any circumstances say publicly who they are recruiting...they may say they saw this kid or that kid play...but that's about as far as it can go under any circumstance. Only after a kid SIGNS can a coach talk about a kid.

Thanks for the info...Why is it they can't say who they are recruiting? Why was it published in the Journal about Coach O going to talk with Majic Smith?

I never read that Coach O went and talked with Magic, but it was published that Joe went to a game. If Joe had commented publicly, saying he was recruiting Magic...it would be a violation, but if the paper prints common knowledge that Joe was at the game, there's nothing he can do about that.

Thanks again,Votb...I get it...I guess I just read between the lines with the statement about ISU not having any scholly's available for Smith...It would be nice if the Journal could do an article on up and coming (possible) Bengals.

Looks like people are still reading this thread....so I thought I better bump it up to the top...Are people interested in the thread about new recruits or MORE IDAHO! Welcome aboard, Jake Pele!!!!

Sorry, Cub...I had to bump it up since people are still reading it and Frank mentioned it on his blog. I know alot of people would like me to drop off the face of the Earth. Keep up the great work, Cub...Those are all awesome! Keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back