• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Anyone have an idea of a 2 deep depth chart for this year?

This is the line up I see on the field right now:

QB Blum
Hill
RB Knickrelm
Laporta
Scott
Tracy I doubt we will see one of the freshmen with this many upper classmen ahead of them, they will not bring anything that is not here now. With this, many RB's we should not have as many injuries as last year.
WR Burel
Krosch

Slot Ponciano
Benevidas
T. Taylor Ponciano will start because he is the most experienced, seems to get injured every year so we will need depth here. Taylor is the quickest, most dynamic receiver, but Benividas is only slightly less quick and is surprisingly fast, is much more disciplined as a receiver. Benividas runs routes and catches as if he has been in the system a year already. Benividas reminds me of a fast Jeff Davenport. Taylor needs a redshirt year to learn and get bigger. Would not be surprised to see S. Tracy or J. Scott running out of the slot sometimes.

WR J. Taylor
R. Rumble
S. Senegal Senegal shows real route running skill already and will only get better; I really like this kid’s future. Rumble has taken some major strides over the summer on his route running and catching ability. Position looks more solid than it did last spring.

TE Hill
Hjelseth
Van Vliet It is going to depend on what you want from your tight end, if the play calls for a pass catcher, Hill or Hjelseth will be more likely, for a blocker, Van Vliet will be the best. I like all three and what the bring. Ward also brings some sound pass catching skills to the table.

LT Clayson I was skeptical when they said Clayson would start at Left Tackle, I have changed my assessment. Clayson has taken a major jump in physical development, a bigger jump than Shedd did last year. Note I have not seen them in pads yet and that will change something, but damn this kid has great body control and the quickest feet I have seen in a long time. At 310 or so, he is amazing to watch.

LG Cartwright Solid has always; always makes you wish you had a clone machine.

C Henry We need to get a viable backup for Henry.

RG Rudder

RT Shedd We really need Nua or Grant to come in for a backup at Tackle and guard. Clampett looks like a kid that could play the center position as well as guard, if the JC's do not come through, you may see him backing up all the positions. The walk-ons and new kids other than Clampett are raw and in most cases need to get in the weight room and belly up to the table. Starters look good, need to get some depth.

DT Jones, Amos After these two who knows. In watching drills, D. Tyler is the same, just does not seem to be physical. Walker and Paulhus are impressive in some of the drills. Tramonte looks like he has developed enough to play along with Walker and Paulhus. Mihn Williams is big as a house, the question is how conditioned is he and can he move at that size. Looks like they are playing O’Donnell inside which looking at his quickness and build may be a real benefit to the team as well has the fact we have a dozen DE's right now, DT tackle will be the best opportunity for playing time. To be honest, I have not focused on the play of the DLine other than to watch a couple of drills. I will be able to tell more when they put the pads on.

DE Rutton, Tuua Both Rutton and Tuua look better, quicker and more confident. Rouser has developed, and looks like he can help this year. J. Vae'ena may see some time or at least travel as the backup snapper, might see some time on special teams. Again, depending on what is going on and need, you could see Tramonte and Walker getting some time here. Walker is about 265 now; the amazing thing is how well he runs. I really like J. Bergren on film, but in meeting him I believe he will need to mature and get bigger, I see him red shirting. As I stated earlier, there are allot of DE's, it is hard to watch all of them.

MLB J.T. Albers
Edgson Not much depth here or any where at Linebacker

OLB Urias
Gibson
Nash

OLB Storm
Arias

SS Holmsly
Tew

FS Owens
Pleasant

CB Wright
McGowen

CB Miller
Viser We have some good depth in the Defensive backfield, now do we put the best players on the field or have someone sitting. Wright is starting right now at one CB spot, which could change. Both Viser and McGowen are bigger players that are more physical. Holmsly seems entrenched in the SS position, but at free safety can Owens hold off Pleasant, and what about the odd men out at CB, do you put a Miller, McGownen, Viser, or even Wright on the bench. All are good players, the defensive backfield coach may have to decide who the best players are and put them on the field.

Reality, our offense looks like it will be able to move the ball against anyone; big question will be the front seven on defense. They did not get the job done last year, have we improved or what.

Hjelseth and Krosch have been sidelined with injuries the last couple practices. Hjelseth with a pulled hip flexor and Krosch with something involving his foot. Those are the only injuries I've noticed.

Demitrius Grant is in and that is good news. Lesu will NOT be here this fall and is going to try and be in for Spring Ball. The offensive line will be good, but will be thin and may have to rely on FR for depth.

Hey BengalRoar, i believe they do. I always see it in the paper come game day. I don't know how accurate it is but i am sure isusid will let you know.

By the way, are we long lost brothers or twins seperated at birth because i am Bengal Roar and you are BengalRoar. Its all good though. More Bengal fans the better. It's all about family, right! Welcome to the den! GO BENGALS!

I'm working on the preliminary one right now so I can work on the first edition of Game Notes...it'll be released officially on Monday. Like next Monday.

ISUSID

Latest posts

Back