• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Are the Bengals going after any local kids?

My top picks for ISU to look at would be:

Madison- Ryker Pierce
Hillcrest- Scott Baldwin
Shelley- McCay Cannon
Bonneville- Jared Stutzman
Highland- Clark Wilkerson
Rigby- Kamen McCoulgha and Dylan Jones

Anyone else think of a potential D-1 player who has not graduated that ISU should at least look at?

(somebody please fax this to the ISU basketball office after it is added upon).

IDAHO
Steve Hayes, Aberdeen – Only one NBA player from Idaho has played more than 100 games, and that is Steve Hayes, a 7-foot center who played 212 games from 1982 to 1986 with six different teams. Hayes scored a grand total of 545 points in his NBA career, but he had an outstanding high school career at Aberdeen. He still holds the record for most points in a state tournament (3 games) with 98, as well as the record for free throws in a tournament with 32. He is Idaho State’s all-time leading rebounder and second all-time leading scorer.

FredPurdue wrote:
"When Joe got here there was Kinghorn and a kid from Salmon and a poky kid."

Hmm, would that be David Schroeder and Matt Stucki? :D

That would be the guys.

Hey about Hayes, Micheal Jordan did alot also. But he and Hayes are not what this thread isa bout.

We be talkin about current, local, high school players that Joe and Co should be watching this year, recruiting, offering, building relationships, bringing on campus, selling the virutues of ISU, and hopefully signing some.

Fact is that ISU had some local kids when Joe got here. Not any since. Local kids sell tickets. There are probably a dozen they should be recruiting right now... am I wrong?

Montana State just signed a former east Idaho kid- Mitch Schwab. Ouch.

Did not say which school in Idaho Falls that Mitch played for but where was Joe and Co?

http://missoulian.com/sports/basketball/article_a5021cb8-ce9b-11e0-8887-001cc4c03286.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fred this just goes to show that the best talent is NOT in IDAHO! Im not against local kids, but we also need to be realistic. The kid from Bonneville isnt going to come here. Hes not turning down a PAC 12 program for ISU.

Fred. Mitch is walking on at MSU. If he was good enough, he probably would have played at West Hills JUCO. I'm sure that a kid from Idaho/Wyoming doesn't go to California to JUCO just to be a student. No need to bash the staff because a kid walks on at another school.

I dont know about Schwab situation, why he went to a Juco and did not play, but was good enough to make the team at Montana State.

My big question is- did Joe and company even know, watch, build a relationship, recruit, offer, etc. etc. this Schwab kid? Or any other local product in the past 3 to 5 years?

If ISU can not win, at least they could try to fill the stands, build a local base, and gain some momentum by recruiting locally and at least being in the east Idaho community. I hope the staff go to 10 or 20 local high school basketball games this season scouting for top talent and building community relationships and being seen as the local college. I know I am dreaming...

About Stutzman- the Bonnville High School freshman with a PAC 12 offer- on paper ISU may have a very small chance- but who knows- he might love Pocatello or have other reasons ISU might appeal to him (a girlfriend who chooses ISU might get him to be Bengal, who knows?). A couple of years away.

I would love it if we had all Idaho plays, but it's not realistic. We had 3 Idaho players and were the stands filled? NO! The only way you fill the stands is with a winning product. Nobody is turning down a PAC 12 scholarship to play in the Big Sky.

Heard a rumor that Kameron Pearce quit the team today. Sure glad we signed that Idaho kid. Coach OB has now signed 3 Idaho kids (Anderson, Taylor, and Pearce). All 3 have left the program before they were done playing.

How about we just sign the best kids that will stay here, no matter where they're from.

To be quite frank and honest, since the days of Stucki, Kinghorn & Schroeder, the ONLY prep athlete from E. Idaho that I've seen that was worthy of a D1 scholly in hoops, was Taysom Hill from Highland.. I watch a lot of Prep Sports.. People around here are delusional if they think there are numerous kids from around here that could be difference makers at the D1 level. Walk ons do NOT qualify as D1 material.. These kids need to get in the gym and on a good AAU team if they want to get to the level of D1 material.

baller1 said:
Heard a rumor that Kameron Pearce quit the team today. Sure glad we signed that Idaho kid. Coach OB has now signed 3 Idaho kids (Anderson, Taylor, and Pearce). All 3 have left the program before they were done playing.

How about we just sign the best kids that will stay here, no matter where they're from.

Any link or heard any confirmations at all? That would be a big loss, he looked like he could be a solid player starting pretty much right away for them/

Latest posts

Back