• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Article on Northern Colorado Athletics

I don't know if anyone saw the article written by Matt in the Greely Trib about the state of Northern Colorado athletics. It basically stresses patience and that Northern Colorado athletics are going in the right direction. Thoughts and ideas on this?

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20080606/UNC_SPORTS09/68741422

I would say that good things are happening in-spite of Jay.

"Hinrichs was evasive, however, about the athletic department's financial state after two years in the Big Sky, saying 'I don't know how that has to do anything with the Big Sky Conference."

This is BS even a reporter from one of the two media outlets with any interest in UNC athletics cant get a straight answer out of Jay about the state of the budget. This is what keeps donations down. People dont want to donate to an organization that is not upfront about it's finances. Thank god the B&G club is out of his hands and is a directed donation to scholarships. Of course that frees up more of the athletic budget for him to screw with....

I read a piece like this about a year after Jay took the helm and it was the same thing...good things will happen just wait. Dont ask any questions we know what we are doing. Well I for one have run out of giving them the benefit of the doubt, I know shocker.

I like how Jay has two quotes in the article one about the success of a few programs, which everyone who is remotely tuned in knew about, and one evasive quote worthy of a politician caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Why is Fullerton reassuring fans, isnt that Jay's job? Oh right...he cant give out any useful info....

Of course Fullerton is going to say UNC is on the right track, he let us in the conference, and to say we are not on track would be to say he screwed up.

Yes but I would agree that things do seem more on track then say a year or so ago. There is a ways to go and the budget needs to continue to grow and play catch up but we are close it's not like we are a mile away from the Weber States and E. Washingtons of the world. The women's programs are all middle of the pack Big Sky and men's basketball was legitimately competitive this year. The tragedy though is the football program and how far it has fallen and also emphasizes how much that is the face of the athletic department and vis-à-vis the face of the university because when the football program is horrible no matter what else is going on the athletic department and the university is perceived to be failing. Not fair perhaps but even more motivation to get the football program back to respectability.

Latest posts

Back